A great RPG is coming to 360?!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 01:16
" March 8, 2006 - Famitsu Editorial Director Hirokazu Hamamura has revealed in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu that a major RPG announcement will soon take place for Xbox 360. According to Hamamura, if this game were released on the PlayStation 2, it would sell 500,000 copies.

So what is this mystery title? We' ll leave the speculation to you, but it should be noted that Hamamura did not specify if we' re dealing with an original game a franchise title"

" Tales of" sells that kind of numbers in Japan...but i dont think its that...
well we will see...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 02:19
A Final Fantasy SOCCER game with RPG elements!
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Kyo.k
  • Total Posts : 324
  • Reward points : 0
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 02:33
Chocobo Racing Adventure 2!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 05:24
The major announcement is that...

" there' s not any really good rpg' s coming to the 360! Ha! Gotcha' didn' t we? Because as we all know, the only games capable of our time on the 360 are racing games and fighting games! No one like' s RPG' s in America or Europe, and no one likes X-box in Japan!

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 05:24

A Final Fantasy SOCCER game with RPG elements!

[Player 1 shoots]

[Player 2 saves]

[Player 1 runs]

OptaviusX
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 09:15
Blue dragon will be a monster of an rpg... so will lost odyssey and guess what?

Square enix major 360 announcement at E3 coming up regarding dragon quest and the next final fantasy coming to the 360? Don' t believe me? Wait and see :)

QuezcatoL
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 09:23

Blue dragon will be a monster of an rpg... so will lost odyssey and guess what?

Square enix major 360 announcement at E3 coming up regarding dragon quest and the next final fantasy coming to the 360? Don' t believe me? Wait and see :)

Aye,but im sure LO will be much better then BD even though akira is on BD,but both will be killer apps,that im getting ;)
And yes WADA said they might become multiplatform and he said he would announce it on E3,lets hope its happends too.

Terry Bogard
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 09:28
Come E3 I FULLY expect the same, familiar Square Enix company line: " There are currently no plans to bring offline Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games to the Xbox 360."

The internet messageboards will zero in on the " there are CURRENTLY no plans" part and go nuts thinking that something may be coming down the line in the future. Rinse, repeat

QuezcatoL
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 09:45
Yeah ;)
But the cost and new investment into next gen could be costly,mayby good for big companies like them to go into multiplattform,im sure MS help them or pay some ;)
But SONY still own 8% of the stocks in S-E so i dont know what will happend on E3..As long as Sakaguchi has nothing to show on LO im fine :) and that demo he talked about in 2005.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 18:11

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Come E3 I FULLY expect the same, familiar Square Enix company line: " There are currently no plans to bring offline Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games to the Xbox 360."

The internet messageboards will zero in on the " there are CURRENTLY no plans" part and go nuts thinking that something may be coming down the line in the future. Rinse, repeat

Are you saying that we should wait and see what develops?! That' s insane! No video game player should be without his daily dose of wanton gossip and rumor mongoring!

whiteguysamurai
  • Total Posts : 316
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 21:20
It' s cry on,
The idea is pretty solid, and from what i understand the tests being done by mistwalker are really exciting!

QuezcatoL
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 09, 2006 21:53

It' s cry on,
The idea is pretty solid, and from what i understand the tests being done by mistwalker are really exciting!

That game we all know about for some months now...

OptaviusX
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 10, 2006 00:06
Square enix has to go multiplatform with both the next final fantasy and dragon quest because despite all their monster success on the ps2 they posted a very disappointing revenue money foolishly passing up a large xbox fanbase that would' ve gladly bought their games.

That fact alone is proof that square will go multiplatform if they don' t they are prepared to lose more money and I' m sure they don' t want that. Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest multiplatform.

The game in question isn' t cry on i can tell you that much ;)

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 10, 2006 01:14

passing up a large xbox fanbase that would' ve gladly bought their games.

The Japanese user base is neglectable for 360 - and that' s where those titles sell mostly - In Eu and US sales aren' t as strong and conversion for another HD system isn' t that cheap.

I think that if they decide to go multiplatform - they will release it on PS3 , Rev and maybe 360.That wouldn' t be for the profit though, but to establish the series on other systems (especially 360 - it' s audience has strong PC roots) to help next iterations sell better when they come out later in consoles cycle.

At least that' s what I think

Terry Bogard
RE: A great RPG is coming to 360?! - Mar 10, 2006 01:40

Are you saying that we should wait and see what develops?!

I didn' t come off THAT optimistic did I? :P I was actually being incredibly pessimistic and implying to just give up hope

No video game player should be without his daily dose of wanton gossip and rumor mongoring!

Dreamcast fans know all too well the pitfalls of Square Enix related gossip and rumors. Remember all those nice things Squaresoft said about the Dreamcast? Internet messageboards RAN with the news that Squaresoft received Dreamcast development kits, and forever held onto the false hope that Squaresoft secretly had something in the works for the Dreamcast, but NOTHING ever materialized.

When it comes to fully supporting non-Sony consoles I have absolutely ZERO faith in Square Enix rumors, I' ll sooner believe that Halo 3 is coming to the Revolution/PS3

Sure they released Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the GameCube but I' m still of the belief that they had NO choice but to do so if Yamauchi was to ever hand them a GBA license. Plus they haven' t even been back to the GameCube since.

And while they' re releasing a port of Final Fantasy XI for the Xbox 360, I no longer think of it as that big a deal since it was the lowest selling of the numbered Final Fantasy games and more importantly its an online game.. Had it been offline I don' t think you' d see it come within a mile of the 360..

I WANT Square Enix to prove me wrong, I REALLY REALLY want them to. The REAL test comes after Final Fantasy XI is released for the 360. Will they follow up with another 360 release or will they abandon it like they did the GameCube after releasing Crystal Chronicles?