COD3 Improvements

brokawl
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 02:29
COD2 was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And since we already know that COD3 is coming, what do you want to be added to it????

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 03:03
THIS is much better. This is the kind of thread we need, not FAQs...

In CoD3 i want to see:

- More than 3 campaigns. It wasn' t only the British, American and Russian forces who fought against the Axis.

- Longer campaigns! I thought the Russian campaign in CoD2 was dreadfully short, ...which was made even worse seeing as it was also my favourite (i like the snow!).

- No vehicles. I don' t ant to be able to drive any vehicles at all. The tank mission felt out of place and for me the COD games are about infantry combat.

- More realistic textures. The wood and metal textures in CoD2 were great, but some of the others were too shiny, plasticky looking.

- More snow.

- Better explosions.

That' s all i can think of at the moment...

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 04:11
The call of duty could imply to maybe campaigns in the Pacific as well, or maybe some more exotic locations that hasnt be explored before like jungles.

Also the franchise could move onward in time to include Korea, Vietnam or the Golf wars, to avoid to much repetition!

Instead of no vehicles, id go for fun vehicles instead, i dont like it in COD2.

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 04:16
They would do the Gulf Wars i don' t think. Too close to home, ...so to speak!

Vx Chemical
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 04:19

They would do the Gulf Wars i don' t think. Too close to home, ...so to speak!

Thats too bad, it would make a really great game, and it would sell a lot, maybe not in the middle east though but they hardly have computers there at all do they and the few there are, are censored useless.

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 04:54
If they didnt make another one atall would be a start.

Vx Chemical
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 04:56

If they didnt make another one atall would be a start.

No if you said what you dislike about it so much, now that would be a start!

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 07:41
How about making us play the fins or swedish against the russians?
Basically finland won the war vs russia and killed over 450.000 russians,and only lost ca 40.000,there you have heroes!!
And why did i then say sweden?
well 8700 swedieh elite soldiers went to help finland out.
Well they was voulenteers but...

Anyway i want to fucking kill russia in a game for trying to take scandinavia...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 07:58
Erm, ...because Russia was on the Allies side not Axis. That' s why you won' t be able to kill the Russians.

The Axis Powers consisted primarily of Germany, Italy, and Japan. Other countries fighting on the Axis side were Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Croatia and Finland. So that' s why you won' t be able to play as the Fins.

The Russians had signed a non-aggression treaty with Germany, but Germany invaded the Soviet Union, pulling that country into the war as well.

Being able to play as a Fin in a game set during World War 2 would be like letting you play as a NAZI.

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 08:05
Actually,the only reason why finland decied to be " allied" with germany,was because russia managed to stole some parts of their land,and they wanted it back.
Finnish people wa snever nazi.
Russia wanted eastern europe and finland,while germany wanted western europe.

And yes i know the axis and the allied side.

GERMANY,ITALY and Japan
And the allies was
USA,England and russia,ofc china and canada and other small countries was with the allies but you only really count them in.

" EDIT" i forgot to add that France wanted to come for Finland when russia invaded them,but never came.
The thing was what russia did was horrible,and to this day russia hasn' t apolgies the finnish people for their horrible invasion,and btw at the same war finnish people invented moltova cocktails which they throw down into russian tanks.

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 26 Feb 06 0:07:23 >

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 08:26
Dispite which side of the story is told, ...it still means you won' t get to fight as the Fins in a World War 2 based game.

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 10:12
ARGH!!!!
:)

Well...

Im pretty tired of ww2 games tbh...mayby try something new?
The team behind cod2 are so damn talented they should try the korean war perhaps?

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 12:54
How about an online implementation that fucking works. One where we can choose to be a host and make our own exclusive rooms. I would like to be able to play without the server disconnecting every five seconds, and the lag in cod2 is ridiculous.

This one is minor one but it needs to be said: I hate how the crosshair disapears when you run. Its distracting.

And would it kill them to add a Canadian campaign or at least a few missions. I know our military is pathetic these days but back then we had fucking balls, out of 11.5 million people we sent out 1 million for the conflict. I mean we were in Europe before the Americans, as soon as the shit hit the fan we were there.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 26 Feb 06 4:59:54 >

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 16:42
I would like to see another war in that game. They could probabily do a waaaay better job in making COD3 for the events in Somalia, Black Hawk Down the Game wasn' t good at all. Infinity Ward could do a waaaay better job. Or how about Vietnam???? Now that would make a sick game. And wen you run, make the camera move from side to side, kinda like The chronicles of riddick.
-= S + A + I + M + I + R =-

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 19:02

And would it kill them to add a Canadian campaign or at least a few missions. I know our military is pathetic these days but back then we had fucking balls, out of 11.5 million people we sent out 1 million for the conflict. I mean we were in Europe before the Americans, as soon as the shit hit the fan we were there.

Canada did not play any major part in the war or even minor,even other countries did more that isn' t in the game.
Fins/swedish who killed 450.000 russian trops and 100' s of war tanks isnt mention for ex,however i guess thats because russia after their horrible invansion,suddenly had nazi germany as enemies and then suddenly you forget what they did.

Hitler and stalin wanted europe,i dont care what their name is,if you send an army with over 1 million to take our country,then your an asshole and we kill you,we showed russia that,dont ever fukk with us again :P

However we invaded them in 1700,only karl XII(our former swedish king) hitler and napoleon has ever done that,and look,they came 200 years later,and what happend? themself got owned.

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 26 Feb 06 11:04:15 >

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 19:35
I can' t say I' m a huge patriot , but Poland is one of the most signifficant countries of WW2 - it' s where this whole mess started.

It would be cool to be able to defend Polish borders from the German suprise attack , than fight some battles , Warsow uprising and many incredible battles (defending Westerplatte - bunch of guys stood up against german navy and full scale attack - after they were captured they were even given some privilages among prisoners)

And many more.

There' s actually a lot of stuff from WW2 that could be added.Maybe those campaigns could be sold as downloadable content for some fee.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 26 Feb 06 11:37:06 >

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 22:16

There' s actually a lot of stuff from WW2 that could be added.Maybe those campaigns could be sold as downloadable content for some fee.

Man, i' d LOVE that!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 26, 2006 23:37
I think that the COD team should expand their horizons to the pacific front. Not totally, mind you, because i still like a good european firefight, but something to cauterize the wound that was Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. I sometimes cry myself to sleep just thinking about it. I' d enjoy something like that as long as it kept away from the airial combat, this game has always been about infantry.

But, if they kept it on the european front, i think they should have some of the beginning, and final days of the European campaign, where european nations were defending against the growing nazi army, or after d-day, where the soviets were storming berlin. Just so long as I never have to storm Omaha Beach again. But maybe they could take a different route on d-day and let you play as an airborne troop that got dropped over France. they definately need to take a different route with the invasion of france.

(p.s. i have the original COD: finest hour, for GC, i was wondering if there were only 3 british levels in the other ports. that part seemed really rushed)

KiLLeR
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 01:57
they can' t justg keep making d-day invasions. im tired of them. They have to show other faces of the war, on other fronts. Like Quez is saying maybe we could play the fins, or the polish. How about playing the axis, I dun get it. why not, we' re past that shit, don' t matter who we play now, it' s all history. I wanna play germany. that would be cool.

quez, stop bragging so much, we got it

]GaNgStA[
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 02:31
Yeah playing germany would be cool - what' s wrong with that?
They could even make us (the gamer) the good side - we would play a german guy who' s against the war and hitler but is forced to kill to survive and so on :)

Game Junkie
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 04:38
" Canada did not play any major part in the war or even minor,even other countries did more that isn' t in the game."

Maybe other countries did do more that were not in the game, but to say that Canada' s role was less then minor is an ignorant statement, one that highlights your pig headed personality perfectly.

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 04:55
Well,Finland who killed off half a million russian soldiers did not play any bigger part or even a minor part in the outcome off ww2,so to say anything about Canada is...well...They came last with their boats ... :P

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 05:22
You will not get to play as any country allied with the AXIS POWERS. It' s that simple.

Nearly 63 million people were killed during the conflict and that includes acts of genocide such as the Holocaust. The AXIS POWERS were/are seen as the ultimate evil and an example of how evil MAN can be.

Any games company that lets you play as a NAZI or a NAZI supporter would get slated from ALL angles and the game would likely be banned. You DEFINATELY won' t get it from Infinity Labs!!!

In a game set during a war in which almost 30 million Russians were killed, you aren' t going to get to play as a Fin!!!

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 05:54
Finnish people was never nazi,they got invaded by russia,they never chosed war.
whats cool about that war was basically,that russians came in swarms,and heroes was born,people talk about some russians and germans in stalingrad,these people who skied around the snow,and took over 500.000 russians down behinds trees and while covered snow is truly amazing!!!

:P

Game Junkie
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 06:08

Well,Finland who killed off half a million russian soldiers did not play any bigger part or even a minor part in the outcome off ww2,so to say anything about Canada is...well...They came last with their boats ... :P

If you' re only looking at raw numbers then you are missing the bigger picture. Hitler was only one man in a war of millions, are you telling me he didn' t play an important role in WW2?

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 06:21
Finland allied with NAZI Germany and were counted as an AXIS POWER.

]GaNgStA[
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 06:51
Quez it' s ok to like your country ..or even neighbours ..but dude don' t push it - it' s getting silly :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 26 Feb 06 22:52:12 >

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 07:09
I just say that Finland never was " axis" ,they was stolen on their land and wanted it back,and only nazi germany could do it with their invasion.
The land got stolen in russias invasion,when they decied to take eastern europe.

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 07:26
They weren' t NAZI' s but they were part of the AXIS.

EDIT: You want hero' s?! When Poland fell to the Germans the Polish didn' t give up fighting. The Poles played a big part in the Battle of Britain but you don' t hear Gangsta bragging about it.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 26 Feb 06 23:30:55 >

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 07:42
I' m not bragging,i just say how it was.
I hardly doubt my grandpa and the other 8700 swedish went to finland to fight off the commies who invaded them,cause they was NAZI...
They did it for a free scandinavia.

And as long as people like you and other historian say we was on the axis side,instead of saying we had non who really gaved a damn when russia was gonna conquest eastern europe,who came to our aid?
Germany?
hell no,none come for us.
Russia need to apologies for their horrible act of crime,which they hasnt done so far,and whenever i see that your able to play as russian in ww2 it pisses me off,their invasion of eastern europe was horrible and disgusting,and the attack on us will never be forgotten untill they apologies for it.

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 08:16
And what do you think about the American invasion of Iraq then?!

I see what your saying nut it went deeper than that. No they weren' t NAZI' s but they DID align themselves with the Axis.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 27 Feb 06 0:17:33 >

QuezcatoL
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 08:20

And what do you think about the American invasion of Iraq then?!

Should they appologise?

majik,you cannot compare the invasion of finland,toward the invasion of iraq,not only was saddam one of the worse dictators alive,who mass slaughter 100.000' s of innocent,he also started war against his neighbours and invaded iran/kuwait,and stole oil from them after the gulf war.

ANyway lets drop this subject,no gamers wanna play as finland,and it wont ever happend,even though i would have wanted it.

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 08:24
You REALLY think they invaded Iraq to oust Saddam?

Certain countries should just leave others the hell alone because continued meddling will piss the more dangerous countries off and they' ll get their asses kicked!

Back on subject, ...i think the wind should affect the trajectory of your bullet.

Game Junkie
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 14:46

Back on subject, ...i think the wind should affect the trajectory of your bullet.

Yeah right, there are better things you can do with physics that developers still haven' t dreamed of yet. Most games still don' t even have complete real time physics, I don' t think we will see wind in FPS anytime soon.

]GaNgStA[
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 19:09
I don' t want my bullets to miss cause of some wind that I can' t even feel.

I like realism that makes the game enviroment believable , but I don' t want it to ruin the fun.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 27 Feb 06 11:09:56 >

Nitro
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 27, 2006 21:24
It' d only really apply for weapons that have a longer range though. Rifles in particular!

I think sniper rifles are way too easy to use in games like CoD2 although the holding the breath thing is cool (used in other games i know). Real snipers have to take distance, gravity and the weather into account. I' d like something akin to the wind system in Worms 3D.

Everything needs a density too and a weight.

KiLLeR
RE: COD3 Improvements - Feb 28, 2006 06:39
the wind thing i dun care about, but the weight and density, now that would be cool.

Sorry to go back to ww2 but I have to say this:
Quit it Quez, they haven' t apologised, and?????? man u act like finland was the only country to ever be invaded and where a lot of people got killed because of this. Gangsta is right, to be proud of your country and your neighbours is ok and good, but don' t push it. If u wanna talk about injustice, read about my country' s history, that' s injustice! Albania btw (and kosovo was stripped from us, a part of montenegro, half of macedonia was our land, a huge part of northern greece was ours). How about the natives in north america? they still get treated like shit and haven' t gotten what they deserve. there are so many other countries as well. anyway, I won' t talk about this anymore, or Ill get mad, I dun like getting mad.
< Message edited by KiLLeR -- 27 Feb 06 17:44:46 >