Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 71 of 71
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 10:10
If MS did not push their OS Into people throats why did EU sue them for it?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 10:13
It was to do with Windows Media Player.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 10:15
No,that they forced in their OS.
WMP was also a reason.

" The Commission found one year ago that Microsoft had abused its position in the market to stifle competition, ordering the company to pay a 497 million euro fine. The EU also demanded that Microsoft remove Windows Media Player from Windows XP"

" EDIT"

No wait,wasn' t it something about the code in MS OS?
And their anti virus protection,and something that could leak?
I think they demanded the base code for the OS....
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 11 Feb 06 2:17:34 >
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 17:15
I see what you' re saying choupolo. It' s hard for another company to make another OS profitable. Some other company can probabily make a better OS, but it cannot be successfull unless it gets support from other software companies. Most applications and games are made for the Windows platform. So yeah they have, in some sense, achieved a monopoly situation, but it took them a while and during that time there could' ve been a chance of someone else stepping in.

I didn' t know EU sued MS Quez. When you look at it from a business point of view, having a monopoly is illegal, right? which is why the US justice department ordered MS to split in two. Apparently they use other ways of pushing their product down people throats, so ok, my bad, i take back what I said about that. Being a giant and having so much power will only make you want more power and dominance. Man e live in a fucked up world. Even Oracle, sun microsystems, which are among the software companies that are constantly suing MS, are not doing it for the good of the consumer. They just wanna make more money, and the bigger they get, the more they will act like MS, or like Intel (have you guys read about AMD suing Intel? go to the Inquirer.net and check it out, pretty interesting stuff).

Hey choupolo, why work in conjuction with other companies when they can be left out or bought out? right?

Let' s say we have like 5 OSes that are circulating, isn' t that bad for us? Im guessing all of them would have to work in different ways, and people would have to buy all 5. Im not making sense, but here, it would be like the gaming world is right now, with xbox, sony and nintendo. Isn' t our wish to have just one console, instead of 3 cuz of obvious reasons? Won' t the same thing happen in the OS market then? Im guessin on one hand it' s good that we have one " universal" OS. I' ll write a more detailed post tomorrow, lol, it' s 4 in the morning, now im really tired and im not making much sense.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 18:22
What' s wrong with DOS ?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 12, 2006 21:05
Well it' s dead so it' s not doing so good lately :)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 12, 2006 21:46
DOS was badass, but like Gangsta said, ...it' s flatlined......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
]GaNgStA[

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 13, 2006 19:58
I hated it when they made me play games from WIN95 - it was a huge performance drop.

I heard that X360' s " OS" / Dashboard takes more than 20MB and that makes it' s unified RAM 492MB

I' m not sure if that' s true but I know that it' s the case with PSP.
barkly

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 13, 2006 20:35
Halo 2 for PC will be only avaiable for the new Microsoft Windows Vista. THis is only another marketing scheme ny Microsoft trying to sell more of ther products such as computers, gaming systems, and games for XBox and XBox 360 and for computer. Most of the people who own an XBox already own Halo Or Halo 2, so their is no point in selling a game for only the Windows Vista.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 13, 2006 21:18

Halo 2 for PC will be only avaiable for the new Microsoft Windows Vista. THis is only another marketing scheme ny Microsoft trying to sell more of ther products such as computers, gaming systems, and games for XBox and XBox 360 and for computer. Most of the people who own an XBox already own Halo Or Halo 2, so their is no point in selling a game for only the Windows Vista.

I know im supposed to be nice but.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh?

That logic, is the poorest logic, i have ever seen.

What about the ones that own Playstation 2? they have pc' s as well? so i guess they will get it?

maybe im just stupid
]GaNgStA[

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 13, 2006 21:20
Yeah that' s probably why everyone' s talking how they want MGS3 or RE4 on Xbox - cause everyone has it on PS2 (or GCN RE4) and noone will buy it.

That' s not how it works.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 71 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread