Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 71
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 04:16
I want a house!

I have 2 flatmates, which is kind cool most of the time but does at times, suck major ass. You can imagine!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 04:22
Hey i have two flat mates as well, my girlfriend and my daugther :)
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 05:00
Quez, I don' t know why you' re being soooo.........towards MS. Dude, just because they own 90% of the OS market, doesn' t give you a right to bash them. There is a reason they own 90% of the market, and that is, they were first and have managed to do what ppl want in their OS, and sell it for cheap, compared to others. You have to admit, they are good at what they do, and that is write software.

I think Ginjirou was saying that they make Windows with errors on purpose (or was it you eddie??) so then they can make you buy addons and fixes. The last time I checked, Windows Update was free, and so is every service pack. When you' re buying Windows, you' re also buying all the fixes to come, the service packs, the updates and what not.

Also someone said that making windows shouldn' t cost that much, actually it does. People that work for MS make a shitload of money, and it takes about 4-5 years to make a windows OS, just like with a console. I mean come on, making an OS, all the code to be written and shit, and making sure there are no backdoors and what not, since after all it is the most exploited OS by hackers.

Halo 2 on Vista is just business. And don' t bash MS for it and don' t say they' re gonna ruin the gaming world. That' s just wrong. Like Majik said, I don' t see u complaining about Sony' s moves for exclusivity. Oh and I' m pretty sure that when WinFX comes out 6 months after Vista, A LOT of people will be buying Windows Vista. Vista without WinFX is just a polished up version of XP. It was meant to include WinFX as its windows file system, but for some reason (maybe to make more money) WinFX will come out about 6 months after Vista and ppl will have to buy it. But I' m pretty sure it won' t cost as much as buying Vista. WinFX will make Vista. It will make PCs work faster, more efficient than any other windows OS.

If you want more info on Vista and what it will do, and what it also means for PC gaming, go here: http://www.winsupersite.com everything you need to know about windows.

Oh and why in the world should they release Halo 2 for Mac??? are you crazy? Do you know the history between them? Sometimes I get pretty mad when I hear or read about how people hate MS and MS this and MS that, fuck MS, they just wanna make money. WoW, chill people. They are just like every other business company. Sony' s the same, and so is Nintendo. On one hand, why don' t you guys bash nintendo for suing MS and Sony for the dual shock thingy??? Isn' t that greedy too? What I' m saying is, talk shit about one company, but don' t forget to criticize the others too. Don' t just bash one out of fanboyism for another one.
< Message edited by KiLLer -- 10 Feb 06 21:09:10 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 05:16
Nice post killer, i only have one correction, WinFS (stands for windows File System)
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 05:29
^5 KiLLeR!!!
KiLLeR

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 06:05
lol, ye sorry about that, I just realized. WinFX is a new programming interface.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 06:16

Oh and why in the world should they release Halo 2 for Mac??? are you crazy? Do you know the history between them?

Yup, that' s why I reckon it would give them much respect.

I would criticise a lot of companies inc Sony and Nintendo for this kind of thing. For example I hate it when Sony products only work with other sony devices/software eg their flash memory cards or that OpenMG software for their minidisc players eugh. [:' (] When that software stopped working on XP, I couldnt use my £120 player for about a year, till a new version of SonicStage came out! Its just business I agree, but it still sucks imo.

Sure it gives them more money to make better products and hire better staff and take control of the market. But what if their vision of the future isnt what I want to see. Diversity is good. I love it how my DVDs work on any DVD player or my toast gets toasted in any toaster, no matter who makes it. But it gives me that choice in design and size and shape. Maybe I want something that a Vista toaster can' t offer but a Mac toaster can, well now suddenly I can' t make toast the way I like it anymore...
< Message edited by choupolo -- 10 Feb 06 22:47:27 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 06:21

Oh and why in the world should they release Halo 2 for Mac??? are you crazy?

Yes i would have been,if i actually ahd wrote that,but i never did.
But feel free to make up anything else.

When MS take away the 550 dollar price on my xbox360 premium in sweden,and when they allow people who bought winxp to work with bungies game then i will be happy.
They lied about what was gonna be with 360,and now they done this market move.it pisses me off.
They are greedy sob' s.
All of them.
Remember,this is halo2,not halo3,saying winxp wont work for it is BS,its like selling a psx game and demand a ps2 memory card,it make no sense,they dont need vista to play a freaking halo2,that runs on a 733 mhz geeforce 3. 64 mb ram.

I will ofc boycote Vista for many reasons,and no,i wont buy halo2 to pc,seeing how i got my standars and wont fall that low.
IF Ms needed vista to play halo2,or if it was in anyway better for halo2,i could have understand,or if they was gonna make halo3 to pc,but this is just a bad move.

And if you had read what i said,when you said why dont you bash nintendo?
I said,this is as a retaded move as nintendo did,when they fianlly did a ceasefire with square-enix and then forced them in their FF crystall to have 2-3 and the foruth player to have a GBA to play the game,its the same greedy move.

I was as pissed off then as i was now.
However MS doesnt need to be greedy,they have the money and they also nee dto get consumers/fans,Nintendo doesnt.
Even though xbox won over GC.
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 06:50
Shit, you' re gonna boycot Vista?!

Oh no, how will it ever sell?!!!!!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 06:52

You have to admit, they are good at what they do, and that is write software.

NO SIR

Windows is not the best OS - it' s very flawed and what they do right is Office stuff and others , but when it comes to OS' es they suck in my opinion.

Remember that those guys made 360 - the only gaming system that can crush.Impressive.

Majik you' ve really worried me - since anyone I know claims that 360 crashes sooner or later.I wonder if these are heat issues or some software bugs.

Making Halo 2 for PC (it' s coming out when? in a year?) doesn' t mean shit - PC gamers didn' t care about H1 - why would they care for H2? Maybe the conversion wasn' t perfect , but still they didn' t care.

What I think is interesting - is that the version with updated graphics for PC could end up on 360 as well (maybe as a kind of bonus to H3)

GOD DAMN IT QUEZ STOP HUMILIATING YOURSELF WITH THOSE POSTS
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 10 Feb 06 22:55:37 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 06:56
I agree gangsta,i use winxp,but i find linux better,however i also think that its a very dumb move to not let pc users check out halo2,untill they bought VISTA...
And no halo wasn' t a success,and if MS delay halo3 with purpace for the movie relase in 2007,im gonna kick their nuts.

You heard it,you saw what happend in belgium,so dont pretend this is empty threat,im gonna kick their nuts...
Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 07:06
^5 Gangsta

It' s only crashed today and only with eM -eNCHANT arM- ...

It wasn' t made for a PAL machine so i' m actually putting it down to that. All of my other games have worked perfectly now for the 3 months i' ve had them and the machine (with the excpections of DoA4 and RR6 which i got a couple of days after their US release dates). They all work perfectly.

There hasn' t been all that many crashes reported by owners of the PAL machines, most have been from the US.

I' m not certain as to what causes the crashes though (on other peoples machines). See, my 360 doesn' t get that hot. The powerpack does, but all powerpacks get hot. The 360 gets warm, then the fans kick in and cool it down, then it repeats. Most reported issues follow a pattern of a game loading or just about to start then freezing, ...which would lead me to suspect that it' s a read/write failure and do do with the HDD. Ofcourse, i don' t know how many people have ha ther 360' s crash and don' t have HDD' s so it' s impossible to say for sure.

My girlfriend has spent most of the evening playing Kameo so when (if) it crashes again i' ll PM you dude!
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 07:11
Do that majik,im sure you dont have anything better for you anyway,what a highlight of the day,to get a pm from majik telling you that kaemo crashed.
And what will that mean?
That all 360 are flawed?
That your Kameo is?

Nitro

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 07:33
Actually, it was aimed at Gangsta and wasn' t about Kameo dipshit!

You should have read the posts before it when i said that the only game that has crashed is eM -eNCHANT arM- and that i suspect it because it' s a NTSC game that i' m playing on a PAL machine!

You really are a tard y' now!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 07:35
Quez please ...don' t ever ...EVER agree with me in public

Majik - thanks for the info.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 10 Feb 06 23:39:33 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 07:59
Gangsta dont worry,anyone who doesnt know what a rpg is and what make its great is not someone who you can agree or talk with as a n rpg fan.
" I dont like the level or stats system in a rpg."
Best quote ever...
Then you dont like rpg.
Period.
KiLLeR

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 08:08
first of all gangsta, you may not agree, but MS is really good at writing software. People like yourself fail to realise that Windows is exploited day after day by hackers. The same thing does not happen to Mac or Linux. There is no reason to, cuz most of the market is Windows. Nothing is perfect, not even the sweet Mac. MS has been sued by the department of justice in the states for antitrust violations and software bundling, and it' s been criticized for its insecurity in their software. Well, if you ask me, MS is just like any other company, with just one difference, it' s HUGE!!! and usually ppl don' t attack the small fish, but the big ones. When you' re a company this big, you' re under the watchful eye of so many, and you' re loved and hated by so many, and everything you do is being watched. They get criticized and sued for things that all companies do. and to think that windows was an addon to MS-DOS.

Quez, you said that they are greedy for not making it for winxp, mac or linux. Man have you read your posts, ever? It' s unfair, it' s this, it' s that, MS is greedy....get over it, everyone is. So is your precious SONY, which you defend so much. You praise sony, in another topic and say Sony made games mainstream, love to sony bla bla bla...why do you think they made it mainstream? cuz they wanted to make money, subsequently becoming number 1 in the gaming business, subsequently becoming greedy, cocky, and wanting to create a monopoly. Everyone tries to create a monopoly. Look at EA, it' s buying off everyone. Having halo 2 for Vista is a business strategy, obviously. Sooner or later you will be using Vista and you won' t complain anymore. If you don' t like their products, don' t use ' em. you don' t even like halo so why are you complaining.

Someone said something about there being no choice. It' s the consumer' s fault in a way. Windows wasn' t pushed down people' s throats. There was no one around that did it like MS did it, so they grew. You still have choice. You can get a Mac, or get Linux. There' s like 9 different versions of Linux, all user friendly, and they' re free. One day some other company will come and make a better OS. Or maybe Mac is gonna really start taking marketshare until one day it will have 80% of it. When that day comes, people will stop saying " MS sucks at making OS, Windows has soooooooooooooooo many flaws" and will start saying " Mac OS (whatever number) sucks, it has sooooooo many flaws, it used to be good, where' s windows, we want windows back" hahahha, a little work of my immagination here, but you get me point. every company at the top is greedy and wants more, im not ruling that out, All I' m saying is don' t make them out to be the devil and the others not.

I' ll give u an example of MS product vs something else product. Firefox and IE. when firefox came out, it' s perfect, has no security loopholes, browses much faster and what not. Then we started reading more about security bugs and loopholes found in firefox. So we went from version 0.9 to 1.5 and continuing. Firefox grew, so interest in the hacking community grew also.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 08:29

irst of all gangsta, you may not agree, but MS is really good at writing software. People like yourself fail to realise that Windows is exploited day after day by hackers. The same thing does not happen to Mac or Linux. There is no reason to, cuz most of the market is Windows.

Can' t deny that - but the thing is this system is terrbily unstable even without hackers.

It' s getting slower with time , and it isn' t half as cool as Mac OS when it comes to visuals.It works with graphical glitches even on the fastest PC out there - and Mac OS works smooth on the old ones - just slower.

I don' t have a mac - can' t afford it yet , but I really dig what they' re doing.

The hacking thing though is true and many people don' t realise it.

I' m not saying MS didn' t deserve the monopoly - like you said , people bought it - it' s a n00b friendly system with easy installation and nice features and those dumb people out there don' t read reviews or opinions on anything - they just get what their neighbours have.They surf the web clicking YES on any prompt they get and then say how Windows sucks.

It' s a good system mind you (even XP) but not the best
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 11 Feb 06 0:31:17 >
KiLLeR

RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 09:14
certainly not the best, I also said nothing is perfect, I meant that' s it' s not the best. But I guess it also depends on what you do with your computer, what you use it for. Windows for me so far so good, could use some fixes certainly, but hey. and no it isn' t getting slower with time, it' s getting more features which require better pc parts, more expensive and most ppl can' t afford it. Which is why there is so much excitement about windows vista, cuz it' s supposed to be fast, especially with WinFS (sorry about teh WinFX before, thinking one thing, writing another).

Saying terribly unstable I think is going too far. unstable yes, in some things, but terribly, don' t think so. but then again you' re entitled to your own opinion and yes you' re right, I have the idea that people just click yes and ok, not knowing wtf they doing. I have to reformatt my pc every year, cuz I download a lot, illegal stuff too, get viruses, anyway, a reformat is recommended. My cousin' s PC, I have to fix it every month cuz I don' t know what they do with it, but man every time I see errors I' ve never seen before. One time I let my cousin use my computer for one hour, when I got back, man did I regret doing that.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Halo 2 for PC Surprise Surprise - Feb 11, 2006 09:24

Windows wasn' t pushed down people' s throats.

Wasn' t it? I dont recall ever having a fair choice when I built my gaming PC. I wanted an OS that could play games, and WinXP was the only real one. I don' t think its because nobody could make a better OS than MS for games. There are so many things wrong for games in WinXP eg RAM usage, file structure etc. But now it needs to be one big mofo with a lot of money to come and take them down. Especially since Mac have now gone down the ' premium' route and Linux are more in the technical + development domain. I cant see anyone else stepping in either.

I agree there should be one standard to streamline development, which MS have done well to implement, but that standard should be in the hands of many companies, not just one (like DVD tech or toaster..tech). :P I don' t really want MS to go down, just be willing to work with other companies and be fair to the consumer even if it means less money for them. Cos that would be better for consumers and the industry in the long run.

You cant blame the consumer either, they may try and convince us that we have the ultimate power to change the market, but really its only the impressionable majority that shape it, and the big dudes with the money can shape that majority any way they like. Would so many people buy Madden if they knew what was good?

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message