PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go?

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 131
Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 10, 2006 19:21
The PS3 dev-kit (4000 have already gone out, probably on flatbed trucks!)

The RSX

Now, part of the problem (and no doubt one of the reasons it' s not going to make Spring) is getting all that hardware into the shell they showed off at E3/TGS/CES. Hopefully, they' ll successfull get it all into this..

[image]http://img.engadget.com/common/images/3240347580391114.JPG?0.27307765030105047[/image]

Whatever happens, we know it' s going to be bigger than 360...

Blu-Ray

The writable media..

The read-only disc..

A big fat Blu-Ray player...

The rumoured first shot of GTA for PS3 (if you can identify it as a different game then correct me)

Now, i' m certain it' ll deliver but i doubt it' ll be without problems and i doubt everyone will be happy.

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 10 Feb 06 11:24:30 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 10, 2006 19:29
Wow! Great pictures Majik!
Aren' t dev-kits usually a little bigger than the final console?
The Blu-Ray player looks big but weren' t DVD-players pretty big in the beginning to?
That GTA picture looks very strange. It doesn' t look like a game at all. And the people on the street looks like they' ve been pasted there.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 10, 2006 19:43
Mostly yeah, but the 360 dev-kit wasn' t

[image]http://www.consolecraze.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18&stc=1[/image]

Front and back of the 360 dev-kit respectively^^^

It is quite feasable though that Sony will do beta kits too, but it would mean even more delays.

And yes DVD players were huge when they first arrived and Blu-Ray will suffer from the same teething problems. The problem i see though, is that early adopters of the PS3 will end up with a much bigger unit than those who hold off for a while. Sony have a great track record of minimising the size of there hardware and thus cutting their production costs, ...but buying it at launch will still leave you with a huge unit that is likely to overheat.

The GTA screen supposedly came out of a Sony demo reel that was shown at E3 but missing from TGS.

Personally i don' t remember seeing it, it' s included on the E3 DVD we recieved this morning. I can' t think what else it could be..

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 10, 2006 23:42
Thanks Majik! awesome pics! but just to compare it, can anyone find a pic of a ps2 devkit? maybe that way we' d have some idea of how much smaller it will really be. and on the subject of size, i don' t think it' ll matter as much as finally being able to see what can be done on that thing. i mean, look at the xbox, it was huge, but people bought in because it had better visuals, and a more foolproof online system. i think that those two will be the deciding factor, not size.

Edit. i found some on google images, ill see if they' ll post
Re-Edit: Crappicus! this happens every time (website is generating 500 error) but google image playstation 2 development kit, and you' ll see that it is just like original ps2 but with that chunk on the end on both sides.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 10 Feb 06 15:49:02 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 01:20

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 01:40
It wasn' t as big as the PS3 dev-kit, but it was at least twice the size of the final PS2.

Thank god for the PStwo!!!

< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 10 Feb 06 17:42:45 >

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
  • Reward points : 0
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 04:24
Hey, apparently it cost 400 million dollars to develop the Cell processor. That' s craaazy, but obviously it wasn' t money spent only on sony' s part.

Sony will showcase the PlayStation 3 (PS3) at the upcoming Taipei Game Show (TGS) 2006, which takes place between February 16-20. This will be a first Taipei showing for Sony' s new game console, prior to the official worldwide launch of the unit, although Sony has already shown the PS3 in the US and Japan.

Sony' s exhibit will occupy a total of 80 booths at the TGS show, including 20 booths allocated exclusively for the PS3, according to a February 9 report in the Chinese-language Commercial Times.

Apparently the PS3 is gonna have a huge hdd. I didn' t know that, i suspected it but wasn' t sure tho. There goes one more thing to fit into the ps3, unless they wanna make it an addon like the 360.

Although reporting the expectations of retailers is something SPOnG generally avoids, it does look as though Gamestop has blown the lid on Sony' s US PlayStation 3 launch plans, revealing dates and a wealth of titles.

All priced at a whopping $59.99, the retailer, recently under fire following issues surrounding the launch of Xbox 360, highlights 30 titles and expects the PlayStation 3 to ship on or around October 1 this year.

The complete list of titles for October 1st reads:
I-8, Condemned: Criminal Origins, Dark Sector, Devil May Cry 4, Dirty Harry, Dog Tag, Eyedentify, Fifth Phantom Saga, Fight Night Round 3, Formula 1, Gundam World, Heavenly Sword, Killing Day, Killzone 2, Metronome, MotorStorm, NioH, Possession, Project Delta, Psychopath, Scarface: The World is Yours, Spider Man 3, Stranglehold, Tekken, The Darkness, The Getaway 3, Theseis, Vision Gran Turismo, Warhawk

Gamestop also dates Metal Gear Solid 4 for December 1st.

that' s pretty interesting news.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 04:28
I expect the HDD will be optional.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 04:28
Harddisk wont be standard in the PS3, atleast thats what they have said before. But they could change it as they did with the Live stuff!

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 07:16
They can even change that live stuff and cancel it :) it' s Sony
gotta love them right?

hehehhe

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 07:18
Without sony,the console market wouldn' t have been mainstream,nor would classicks games would have been made,and companies would never have arised or lived.
Àll love to Sony.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 07:30
You just keep kissing their ass Quez, then bankrupt yourself buying their overpriced toaster!

Kyo.k
  • Total Posts : 324
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 07:57

Without sony,the console market wouldn' t have been mainstream,nor would classicks games would have been made,and companies would never have arised or lived.
Àll love to Sony.

Classics... What have you been smoking. Sony killed the Dreamcast, battered Nintendo out of the manstreams interest, and help bring more worthless games (GTA clones, NFS, 50 cent game etc) to the masses.

Essentially Sony alientated gamers who actually care about gaming.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 10 Feb 06 23:58:17 >

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:05
Why did sony kill dreamcast? cause the publisher and the people wanted sony titles as FF7 Dq 7,Sakaguchi said FF serie could not have been as he wanted if the PSX was never made,nor could he make it as big as he wanted.
Classicks on psx...
Xenogears,FF7,chrono cross,vagrant story,gran turismo and metal gear solid.
Just to name a few.
The reason why N64 lost was cause of the lack of great titles beside their owns made by nintedno.(rare was owned by nintendo).
Anyway i should not have to defend psx,it sold 100 million copies and made gaming mainstream,and putted Nintendo in a bad place,cause they had heavey prices on letting people make games for them,and also having to make games on expensive cartridge which could not take much space and costed a lot of money.

Why did publisher and people go to sony and their psx?
Its pretty obvious.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:12
Sony screwed Nintendo over with the Playstation, which was originally going to be a collaboration between the two and called the Nintendo Playstation.

Sony are only in gaming because of Nintendo you loon!

The games you list would have been made regardless of whether or not the Playstation was around (it' s not PSX anymore nubcake, that' s a different unit).

Developers adored the Dreamcast but Publishers loved Sony (because they had more money to throw around) and Sony was seen as being more marketable after the Saturn doing poorly!

Your views are twisted dude!

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:16

of whether or not the Playstation was around (it' s not PSX anymore nubcake, that' s a different unit).

FF7 could not have been made on a n64,period.
Sakaguchi himself said that.
They would had to taken away so much of the story/characters side quest,and the cutscenes that drow the gamethat it would not be the magical FF7 then.

N64 could not create a ff7,that is sakaguchis owns words.
I trust him more then a guy over kikizo.com

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:18
Ok, but it could have been done on the Saturn.

]GaNgStA[
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:19
KYO.K - you speak the ultimate truth :)

Majik actually it' s Nintendo who screwed Sony on this deal (it was about CD-Rom drive for SNES) :)

No comments for the ultimate bullshit from that silly little boy disgracing a nice Zelda avatar.

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:20
Gangsta,you dont know what an rpg is and call people like abo a noob for not diggin dq8?
wtf?!
Bye :P

KiLLeR
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:22
Quez, you fail to understand one thing. Going mainstream does not mean quality. mainstream means more games that appeal to other ppl that are not really gamers, or like peter moore calls them " casual gamers" . Going mainstream also means making dumb games, games that suck ass, 50 cent bulletproof, 25 to life (ridiculous game, i' d rather play pong, hey wait, pong was a sick game, nvm) games that make gamers feel ashamed to be gamers, games that make other games in general look bad.

and yes majik is right, those games would' ve been done anyway, it' s just that it was better to make ' em for sony cuz that meant more money for developing studios and publishing studios. so with sony you got a bit of quality and a bit of quantity mixed up together.

another name to be used for flaming, bumtard...

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:30

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

KYO.K - you speak the ultimate truth :)

Majik actually it' s Nintendo who screwed Sony on this deal (it was about CD-Rom drive for SNES) :)

No comments for the ultimate bullshit from that silly little boy disgracing a nice Zelda avatar.

^5 KiLLeR

Actually G, it started out with Nintendo asking Sony to build them a sound card for the SNES which in the end was done by someone else. The CD-Drive for the SNES fell through because Nintendo having funded its development felt that they should recieve some of the money Sony would gain by selling liciencing the technology to other parties and Sony wanted 100% of it.

Because Nintendo had paid for its development and now weren' t going to use it, Sony decided to make it into a full fleged console using some of Nintendo' s technology and the Nintendo owned and patented name ' Playstation' .

The way i see it, if Nintendo funded it then then deserved a percentage.

Kyo.k
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:31
That maybe so. But when the average gamer is a Chav who just wants games like NFS, True Crime etc, and in the UK anyway, dictate pretty much how the market is driven forward it' s not hard to become a little negative.

Working in retail I see it everyday. Making gaming truly mainstream wasn' t for the better in the long term.

Hopefully like in film these days, where independant features get well deserved attention as well as the latest blockbusters, gaming will embrace the same path. Lets face it, games like Tekken, RE4 don' t have anywhere near the impact on gaming that they should do. Same with Metroid Prime, which although more of landmark in FPS games than Halo (still awesome btw) get Ignored by the masses.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 11 Feb 06 0:32:20 >

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:40
Well RE4 did.

I think Xbox Live Arcade is a step in the right direction. Look at Geometry Wars! Wouldn' t take long or cost a lot to develop and yet it' s genius, ...like Lumines.

I can' t wait until Street Fighter 2: Hyper Fighting becomes available. Online SF2!!!

Kyo.k
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:49
Those are the exceptions and the reason I still play games. Hell Lumines IS the reason why I' m still playing my PSP.

Guess I' m just a tad bitter that real gamers are being put on the back burner while publishers reach for the mainsteam. Thankfully not all publishers are like that: thank you Capcom, Konami, Sega, Square, SNKP (if you don' t mess up anymore franchises) and all the other studios still making games for those who care.

Loads more names I could mention but I' m rather tired at the mo.

]GaNgStA[
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:50
Well it wasn' t that simple Majik - I guess it' s hard to say who screwed who at the time.

Right now I think quez' s english is so poor he can' t understand what we' re saying - just check the RPG thread - it makes no sense at all :)

Maybe he ain' t retarded after all - it could be a misunderstanding.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:52
Oh no, he' s retarded alright. In his head he' s right and everybody else is wrong, ...he has an attitude problem.

Kyo.k
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 08:54

LOL

Absolutely brilliant, the funniest thing I' ve heard all day.

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:05

Oh no, he' s retarded alright. In his head he' s right and everybody else is wrong, ...he has an attitude problem.

Ohoho,who is up to 02.00 making 20 post per day in kikizo,talk about great life retard.

KiLLeR
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:06
ahahahahahahahahahhah. this is more like a forum

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:07
Well it IS your mother taht' s keeping me up!

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:08

Well it wasn' t that simple Majik - I guess it' s hard to say who screwed who at the time.

Right now I think quez' s english is so poor he can' t understand what we' re saying - just check the RPG thread - it makes no sense at all :)

Maybe he ain' t retarded after all - it could be a misunderstanding.

And you retard are to fucking stupid to learn diffrent language,you wanna do a test and see who speak best in 4 diffrent language?
Swedish,Finnish,german and italian?
Wanna see it?
I speak 5 languages,and you? 1 who is the retard.

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:09

Well it IS your mother taht' s keeping me up!

You' re so fucking boring,and btw you still post 20 post per day here,great life.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:09
You' re a retard who can speak 5 different languages then!

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:10

You' re a retard who can speak 5 different languages then!

My iq is probably 10 times higher then yours,but then again i dont know what retard country you come from.
But ofc you wont dare saying that...

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:13
Btw it would be actually good to know where majik and gangsta comes from,so we know where they learned their english,i mean if they are from england and write like they do,they should be pretty embarssed.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:15
Yes you do nubcake, ...UK!!!!

As for my IQ (it' s 137 btw), i' m a member of MENSA and studying for a degree at a repuatable British university so i' m not exactly daft!

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:19
Uk?
Why not say the country?
And btw,lets see your language in german or in italian,i got italian reletvies,however im 95% swedish,but lets see how you spell in other languages.
I mean you doesnt only speak english right?
My Swedish is perfect,but that is something you have to realise adn expect seeing how i' m actually swedish.
The question is how you speak in diffrent languages.
And no,your iq isn' t 137.

Btw,england isn' t so good in fotball and they even think they gonna win WM 2006 hahaha ;)

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:19
hey magicshit tsss tsss yeah i' m talking to you duuuuh !!

*flushing the toilet* bye bye

QuezcatoL
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:20

hey magicshit tsss tsss yeah i' m talking to you duuuuh !!

*flushing the toilet* bye bye

yes dump that shit in the toilet :P
Majik is a shitface.

Nitro
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 11, 2006 09:29
Firstly, yes my IQ is 137 (what, does that suprise you?)

Secondly i live in the United Kingdom, just like people who live in the US say they live in the US!

Thirdly, it' s ' football' not ' fotball' and England is spelt with a capital ' E' and i' m not particulary keen on the sport to i don' t mind how we do. We' re not half bad at cricket though are we? Or rugby?

Forthly, Abasoufiane, i don' t quite see what YOUR problem is. Quez has zero friends here and is being seen as a troublemaker. You don' t have to be a nubcake Moroccan Gypsy y' know!

You two are not only pathetic, you' re useless!

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 131