DS games to get

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
DS games to get - Feb 02, 2006 16:19
Im considering getting a Nintendo DS game this month, i dont use the machine that much and thus only have 2 games right now, which are Mario Kart, and Mario 64. Which game(s) would you recommend that i got, i prefer games that i can easily stop playing.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
RE: DS games to get - Feb 02, 2006 21:28

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Im considering getting a Nintendo DS game this month, i dont use the machine that much and thus only have 2 games right now, which are Mario Kart, and Mario 64. Which game(s) would you recommend that i got, i prefer games that i can easily stop playing.

What the...?!? Well then don' t get a " good" game!

My friend swears by Wario: Twisted, and Metroid Pinball! Be warned, though; they' re not easy to put down once you start playing!

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: DS games to get - Feb 02, 2006 23:54
Viewtiful Joe will kick your ass

Advance Wars - same here

Check Yoshi' s touch and Go - it really kicks ass if it suits you.

METEOS - man what a fantastic game.

Vx Chemical
RE: DS games to get - Feb 03, 2006 00:16
Iv thought about advance wars before, and also touch and go. MMmmmm more time and money would be great :)

Phoenix87
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: DS games to get - Feb 03, 2006 01:18
Sonic Rush, a really nice classic Sonic game!

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, think about it... in the dark with your DS scared like hell.

And then I would buy a good puzzle game, coz you can' t own a portable without a puzzle game that would be... blasphemy

It' s a shame though, that the DS is really weak on 3d...
And thus the saga...begins...

Vx Chemical
RE: DS games to get - Feb 03, 2006 01:50
I doubt Deadly Silence would scare me. iv thought about Sonic Rush aswell.

I got the Resident Evil remake fro GC, and i played some of it, but somehow i couldnt get into it, i think its because i completed RE4 before i got it!

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: DS games to get - Feb 03, 2006 04:59
The kirby game, no idea the name, is supposed to freakin awesome. Top tier kind of stuff. I' d get that.

]GaNgStA[
RE: DS games to get - Feb 03, 2006 05:08
Kirby' s Canvas Course - it' s almost like yoshi' s touch and GO . only with more typical game design - with levels ,progression and stuff.

Yoshi is one of my favourite games for DS - it' s so cool when you blow into the screen and all the clouds scatter away.It has a great Portability - it doeasn' t take much time , but you want to beat your record and so on.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 2 Feb 06 21:10:08 >

Adumaha
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: DS games to get - Feb 13, 2006 09:23
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is quite awesome and a must have

Other lesser known awesome titles are:

Trauma Center: Under the Knife : This game is so ridiculously awesome, but it will absolutely crush you with its difficulty. But don' t let that dissuade you, beating the missions and curing the patient is probably one of the most satisfying experiences ever. Also the interactiveness of the touch screen makes draws you into the game completely, causing you to scream " SHUTUP! DON' T BOTHER ME DURING AN OPERATION!" to anyone who has the gall to disrupt you.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Great game, more of an interactive story than anything else. You' re an attorney and you have to find and present evidence in cases. The stories are great and the characters hilarious.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: DS games to get - Feb 13, 2006 09:48
Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

A music-based game about male cheerleaders. Nuff said!
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

]GaNgStA[
RE: DS games to get - Feb 13, 2006 19:15

Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

A music-based game about male cheerleaders. Nuff said!

I' ve heard it' s one of the best games you can get for DS :)

Still haven' t checked it though

Nanny Goat
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: DS games to get - Feb 14, 2006 01:29
If you want to know about games, go to DSpot, and you can find plenty of reviews.
http://s13.invisionfree.com/Dspotcommunity/index.php?act=idx

]GaNgStA[
RE: DS games to get - Feb 14, 2006 05:46
I bet you' ll get banned pretty soon if you keep advertising like that.

The Wise One
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: DS games to get - Feb 14, 2006 22:03
Advance Wars Duel Strike is an immense game. Its not really an evolution, its the same formula, but with new things added. Personally Im not a big fan of the new isometric look. Its a small thing, and you barely notice it, but I think it makes the game look shoddy. They should have gone all out and made it full 3D, or stuck to 2D. Unless you have friends with the game and they like to play a lot, it gets very repetative. Apart from the crazily hard hard campaign there is little reply value. Yes there are 300 medals to collect, but attaining them is tedious and it takes an age to get 300. The dialogue is aweful, some of it will actually make you cringe while playing. It goes a bit super smash bros. melee with the CO' s. Although there are 27 of them, there are only a few which stand out, and its obvious that the developers ran out of ideas (reference the similarities between Jess and Jake, Adder and Zak, Rachel and Nell ETC). The AI is greatly improved but an Advance Wars veteran will easily be able to manipulate it. Overall, its a great game, and a must have for the ds.

The only other game I can think of would be Mario Kart DS. The graphics arnt great but its real quality comes with the gameplay, and thats what its all about really. There are lots of karts to choose from. Lots of tracks to choose from (although they took the worst ones from the gc version) and the new mission mode adds replay value. Although the bulk of its replay value lies in its online functionality, which is great if you already have a wireless router in your house. If not, ge ready to shell out another £30 to get online. The downside is that the game is incredibly easy. Without sounding too big headed I finished the game in 2 days. And once you have finished all the cups and the mission mode there is little to do except for multiplayer. In any case, while it lasts, its a very good game, and the best multiplayer game out on the ds at the moment. Its like having Mario Kart 64 in your pocket! (If you have very big and strong pockets, stupid chunky ds...)

]GaNgStA[
RE: DS games to get - Feb 15, 2006 05:07
MArio karts DS > the graphics aren' t great?

WTF?

:)

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: DS games to get - Feb 15, 2006 07:14
MK:DS looks Great!, vivid, vibrant, nice drawdistance all at no less than 60fps, its the best looking DS game out there IMO.. certainly my fave handheld game -infact one of my fav games of any format to date..

I' ve had MUCH more fun on MK:DS than my last 2 consoles (xbox/360).. Bar Outrun 2..

Aslo watch out for

New SuperMario Bos
Tetris DS Online
TopGun

BTW- im Back and (over 12 hours flight) jetlagged...
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 14 Feb 06 23:29:12 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: DS games to get - Feb 15, 2006 19:14
F3hunter - you speak the ultimate wisdom :)

There are so many amazing games for GBA nowadays that leaving that big slot on your DS empty is just crazy

I wonder what will become of this Top Gun title

f3hunter
RE: DS games to get - Feb 16, 2006 01:05
The big slot of at the bottom of me DS is evenly filled ALWAYS.. A 1gig cartridge means i can hold the very best GBA games collection without even needing to take it out, Making my DS the best Handheld game machines EVER :P hahaa

Topgun looks great and should play great too with the stylus and all...

Also Metroid Pime hunters looks a Must also.. Massive singleplayer quest, wireless online/offline, Voice comm Multiplayer, should be the S%$t.
< Message edited by f3hunter -- 15 Feb 06 17:10:26 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: DS games to get - Feb 16, 2006 06:47
yeah metroid is coming out on 20th of march - looks superb.

Do you have some problems with savegames for GBA games? I' ve heard you need to change some batteries and shit for it when you use those cards :)

f3hunter
RE: DS games to get - Feb 16, 2006 09:22
Nope, ive had no problems whatsoever, All my 16 GBA titles are being played through at this time with their own save slots.