Nintendo DS Lite

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 00:34

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200601/106.asp

So who' s gettin' one?

**raises hand**

I don' t have a ds, and my friend keeps telling me about all the great games it has, so I' ll pick it up. The design looks clean, which I like. I hope the screens are big enough (pretty sure they will be).

The only thing I DON' T like is the name. It sounds like a stripped down version, or something. They should call it the DS Solid. Like it' s just compacted, y' know.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 00:41
It is mine!
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 00:42
Personally, I prefer the original one. It' s still good to see its makeover at last, though!

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 00:53
I got a DS in the UK when it first came out but i' ll definately be getting one of these. It look really nice, and the one thing that always bothered me about the current model is that it' s very plasticky.

As long the plastic they use for the Lite is more like that of the PSP and the screens are much brighter (another issue i have with my DS) then it' ll be well worth the purchase. I' ll just give my current DS to one of my friends and get myself this shiny new one. I hope it' s the same white as my PSP, that' d be nice!

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 03:08
that DS reminds me a lot of Revolution, the color, the button may be, it' s classy i like it .

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46250
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 04:06

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane
that DS reminds me a lot of Revolution, the color, the button may be, it' s classy i like it .

Something tells me that might be intentional ;-)

The buttons etc are exactly the same. Rev and DS Lite are by far the sexiest looking things Nintendo has ever made.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 05:28
I' m in the same boat as Majikdra6on and if I can afford the thing when it finally arrives in the UK it shall be mine!

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 17:16
COOL - when you look closely - it seems like it has a transparent protection layer on it

I have a white Japanese DS and it is beautiful , but this new one is even more APPLE :)

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 17:24
i might get it, if i can afford it, it be nice to have two in the house, so i can play with my girlfriend. Mario Kart DS, is the greastest Mario Kart game ever!

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 18:21
I can' t wait to NOT buy this! There is nothing wrong with my current DS. I am strong enough to hold it so I don' t need a lighter one. I don' t need a smaller one because the current one tucks away just fine, plus this one is not much smaller. It is MUCH more plain, however. It is ugly, and it looks kind of cheap. I have a hard enough time with the tiny buttons on the current DS.

Rev and DS Lite are by far the sexiest looking things Nintendo has ever made.

These things qualify as " sexy" ? I do not understand. " Sexy" may be used to describe Jessica Alba all dolled up and ready to go, but " sexy" is not a term that can be used for any videogame device. Owning it won' t net you any pussy, looking at it doesn' t make me horny, it is not " sexy" . However your statement still has merit as Nintendo did unleash the Super Nintendo which was FUGLY! This new DS and the Revolution make me far more horny looking at them than the likes of the SNES or the N64 ever could. But again if anyone gets horny looking at videogame devices there are perhaps underlying problems which should be dealt with as soon as possible. :)
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Jan 06 10:24:29 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 18:30
Smaller , lighter , better brightnes and ability to control the brightnes settings plus some cool design additions (button layout) ?

That' s more portability for a portable system , more quality for the screens , better battery managment , and gorgeous looks.Count me in - it is S E X Y in a different way - Jessica Alba could make you horny? That DS unit will make you want to spend the rest of your life with it (I' m not even talking about Revolution man :) )

Plus they will sell both models so Joe' s have their option as well :)

Joe Redifer
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 18:34
It' s still not small enough!!! I t needs to be no bigger than 4 protons stuck together or it is TOO BIG! It can never be small enough! Small is the new fad! I' ve got to get in on this new fad! Oh my! Smaller smaller smaller! It needs to be small enough to actually make my dick look big!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 27, 2006 18:42
No way dude they can' t make electronics that small - go for the enlargement pills :)

Chee Saw
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 00:32
:-|

On that note...

I guess the question would be; if you didn' t already have one (Joe), which would you buy?

I personally think the new one looks " cleaner" . Like an Apple product. And YES, the miniMac is very SEXY!!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 07:57
Check the buttons on that picture
these are the GB Micro buttons - I will get it for those buttons alone - I hate those flat shitty things and that D-Pad - Micro has buttons like Snes controller.

That really is enough for me to sell mine and get this new one :)

Joe Redifer
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 07:58
I would buy whichever one fit my hands better. The Mac Mini sucks ass. It' s style over function, that' s for sure. We have one down at work and it is regulated to simple accounting work, because that' s all it can do! The REAL Macs get to do all of the video editing, graphic designing, and web site building.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 08:09
Sure but Mac Mini was never meant to be a high end machine.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 29 Jan 06 0:10:34 >

Joe Redifer
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 10:42
But the Mac Mini was a flat li' l square. That' s it! How could that possibly give you a hard on and make you ejaculate? It is NOT sexy! The Mac Cube was way more " sexy" and I' m sure a lot more cum flowed heavily do to the design of that underperforming thing.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 18:43
I never said that mac mini was sexy - first of all it' s way to small for me to get in it :)

Phoenix87
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 29, 2006 23:40
I think it' s kinda sad that everyone designs their new products like Ipods and Apple products in general... everything is shiny plastic.. with that said I really think the new DS Lite and Revolution are really nice looking. But at least Xbox and Ps3 have their own characteristic designs... kinda
And thus the saga...begins...

Chee Saw
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 30, 2006 01:37
I' m a big fan of minimalist design. I' d actually rather have a computer that was completely hidden from view, sans monitor and input device.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 30, 2006 01:43

I' m a big fan of minimalist design. I' d actually rather have a computer that was completely hidden from view, sans monitor and input device.

The Xbox must' ve been a NIGHTMARE for you then. Having to rent a flatbed truck just to wheel that sucker home and then having a crane lift the roof off of your house so the Xbox could be lowered into your living room
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Chee Saw
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 30, 2006 04:01

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

The Xbox must' ve been a NIGHTMARE for you then. Having to rent a flatbed truck just to wheel that sucker home and then having a crane lift the roof off of your house so the Xbox could be lowered into your living room

I just used it as the foundation of my newly built house. Besides being invisible like that, it gave the added benefit of radiant floor heating!

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 30, 2006 05:37
you live on your xbox!?

what are you? super midget?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Chee Saw
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 30, 2006 19:12

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

you live on your xbox!?

what are you? super midget?

I' m actually a giant, measuring 127 1/2 feet from head to toe. But since the Xbox is the size of Wyoming, it kinda works out!

I really love the original controllers too!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Nintendo DS Lite - Jan 30, 2006 21:06
Yeah that thing is huge and loud and looks like hmm..nothing looks like Xbox I guess

If it weren' t for great software (at times) I wouldn' t have gotten one - damn that was smart eh?
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 30 Jan 06 13:07:30 >