Shenmue 3

HazukiSan
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Shenmue 3 - Jan 25, 2006 08:51
Since Shenmue 3 is going to contain all 1-16 chapters I heard it was going to be kinda hard to put all of it on xbox 360' s HD DVD disc they are going to cut some scenes. On the other hand the blu-ray disc it can hold 15-50 GB which Sony ps3 will have that will work out for it. weeks later xbox 360 may exchange the new hddvd drive for blu-ray disc drive which is being released this year. www.Xboxtoday.ca I think that Shenmue 3 should be on xbox 360 because it would be strange if it did not finish it' s franchise on microsoft. Ps3 is a up in coming big thought, but like adam doree said " it better come out even if microsoft has to fund it" . Sega ceo president said " more shenmue coming to xbox" (hint).

The remakes Shenmue 1 & 2 HIGH-DEFINITION! also shenmue 3 it will be very life like as if you were watching a Asian movie. Xbox 360 has my vote.
Shenmue' s all time fan

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Shenmue 3 - Jan 25, 2006 09:34
Firstly 360 doesn' t use HDDVD, it uses DVD9. Nobody knows what is happening with Microsoft and HDDVD with regard to the 360, but we do know that Windows Vista will be supporting it and not Blu-Ray.

DVD9 is a single-sided dual layered DVD that can hold 8.54GB.

All 3 parts of Shenmue are finished and ready to be optimized for whatever next-gen console it goes to. Nothing will be cut out, that would be stupid!!!

Now, eNCHANT arM made it on to 1 disc, and Oblivion will be on 1 disc so i certainly don' t think there would be anything to worry about. And games on PS3 will initially be limited to 25GB discs (which isn' t even needed yet).

I would expect Microsoft to be pushing for the Shenmue series. They need more Japanese games for Japan (duh!) and they certainly have the money to blow any offer by Sony out of the water. 360 is the likely favourite, but i hope we don' t have to wait too long.

I wouldn' t expect a massive boost in graphics though. They' ll probably stick it in a higher resolution, rework the textures and lighting and add more impressive weather effects. I wouldn' t expect them to start redoing the animations or massively upgrading the polycount since it takes time, effort, money etc. Suzuki said they were ready to be ported to whatever then optimized for that format, which makes sense.

Now, do i want Shenmue (1, 2, 3 - in one) more than i want Blue Dragon or N3?!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Shenmue 3 - Jan 25, 2006 12:08
Personally I think they should release all 16 chapters on the Nintendo DS instead with cel-shaded graphics!

*RUNS FOR HIS LIFE!!!*
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 25 Jan 06 5:27:34 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Shenmue 3 - Jan 25, 2006 13:24
never liked the shenmue series, but in reply to HazukiSan, MS will not support blu-ray on the 360. They won' t even make an external player. i read this in one of the major news websites.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Shenmue 3 - Jan 25, 2006 13:39
Actually MS said they are coming out with a HD-DVD drive for xbox 360 and they would consider coming out with a blue ray drive for xbox 360 if blue ray becomes popular.

And Windows Vista will be able to use both Blue Ray and HD-DVD drives. Even if it didn' t support them natively companies could make their own drivers.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46250
RE: Shenmue 3 - Jan 25, 2006 13:53
We love Shenmue, but yet another Shenmue thread here is out of the question.

Saying that, we do welcome everyone... And if you' re from Dojo then the news you seek might be forthcoming.