Elder Scrolls

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Elder Scrolls - Jan 24, 2006 03:21
So hów many of you played the old Elder Scrolls games? I played Daggerfall and Morrowind, Daggerfall the most.

Compared to Morrowind of Oblivion, Daggerfall was huge, i had a map the size of Turkey with over 2000 locations to visit. I had much fun, but sadly enough the game as buggy, and i got stuck with my main character and never got to complete it.

I never tried Arena, im guessing its too late to try now!

Cant wait till i get Oblivion, i think ill make a rogue' ish spellcaster.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 25, 2006 20:39
I wish they decided to optimise the performance this time - with Oblivion.
Framerate seems to be NOT PERFECT (from hands on reports) even in the optimised parts.
Bugs - lot' s of bugs I' m sure of that - it' s a safe bet for the series.
I hope that pop-up in forest and other areas will not be that easy to notice.
Fighting seems to be improved (there was no fighting in Morrowind) but I don' t think it' s improved enough - I' d love to be wrong.

Bugs and pop up I can understand - it is a huge game , but the rest is just because BETHESDA is a bunch of lazy fuckers from PC industry where perfection is a myth.

As you can probably tell by now I don' t care how good it looks if it' s missing some important quality.

Prove me wrong Oblivion MAkers!!
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 25 Jan 06 12:41:34 >

Vx Chemical
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 25, 2006 23:29
Morrowind for the pc really werent that buggy, and the latest previews hasnt complained about framerate issues. I have my hopes off for the gáme, im thinking it will be a good game.

What kind of fighting would you like in the game? Certainly final fantasy idiocy in combat would suck, there are only that many ways to do R/T combat without making it arcady!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 26, 2006 01:39
Actually I think the kind of Battle system that FF has is great , and saying " final fantasy idiocy" is pure ignorance - put it next to shenmue and gradius :)

I think the idea of fighting in Oblivion is OK it' s just the execution that sucked in Morrowind - and it seems that it' s improved but still not " cool" (I base my knowledge on hands-on reports from sites like IGN and such).

The Idea is definitely harder than making a shooter with guns , but Morrowind had it the worse way possible - terrible.There are certainly some improvements in fighting - but it still looks like the worst part of the game.

I don' t know about PC version - All I said , I said thinking about Xbox version.

Framerate - it depends on what you mean by framerate issue - for me any next gen title on a brand new next gen system can' t have any Framerate drops - If it has ,that means that guys who made that game suck and don' t care.

I wonder what do you mean using word arcady? You think that what you have in Morrowind is a simulation?

Let' s see what all arcade games should have in common:

-Fantastic and Addictive Gameplay - it makes people play that game and therefore it earns money
-Intuitive and simple controls.
-Huge fun factor - that makes people wanna play.

-and the one thing that makes people bitch about those games when released on a home system : those games are short (in one playthrough but the replay value is huge) or don' t have a fantastic story.

If you don' t want that in your games (Fun , Outstanding gameplay) then it' s not NonArcady games you want - it' s the crappy ones.

So many people using word " arcade" like it' s a flaw -Ignorants

having that said - I really look forward to Oblivion - it looks amazing , that combat does look like it' s improved a bit (maybe even more) and by the time it' s released it might be completely optimised - if not , it will still be worth playing.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 25 Jan 06 17:43:02 >

Vx Chemical
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 26, 2006 03:39
The combat system in FF wouldnt work in a game like oblivion, i dont like my characters jumping through a screen to slash his sword at an enemy, its simply not fun, and it doesnt require skill, but only skill in micromanagement.

By arcade i mean combat thats fast paced like fx, Fable, which wouldnt fit in Oblivion either.

I think the way combat works in Oblivion is just right, maybe they should have it a bit more like Condemned, without me having tried Oblivion its hard to say. I think they are trying to a bit more realistic approach than Fable.

Im just saying arcade combat wouldnt work in Oblivion, it would ruin the style of play and it wouldnt be an elder scroll game, but Fable 2.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 26, 2006 05:28
One is for sure - They did improve fighting - you have to agree that it was terrible in Morrowind .

Let' s just wait and see what becomes of OBLIVION - I' d Love for it to be that Killer App and it' s certainly heading that way.

Vx Chemical
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 26, 2006 05:59
Having played Daggerfall, Morrowind wasnt really that bad, it wasnt the post, it should be more fluent then it was, but i wouldnt call it bad.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 27, 2006 21:43
I never said that morrowind is bad - just that fighting is as bad as can be.

It is a great games with some flaws.That fighting stopped me from playing Morr.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Elder Scrolls - Jan 27, 2006 23:05
I did not like morrowind at all,i was to confused...
Anyway,im getting oblivion look to amazing to not to.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.