Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ...

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 03:03
The article itself is the best way to understand so just go and Read :)

>>Sony is hesitating?<<
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 22 Jan 06 19:03:51 >

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 03:11
Wow, that Patrick Klepek sure gets around . From Gaming-Age to Gamespy and now 1up.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 03:34
Maybe he can' t hold a job.

I really hope they don' t lose focus of single player gaming. I am not a fan of online.

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 03:37
Plz dont charge us consumer every month/year as MS does if you include a Online system...
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 03:49

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Maybe he can' t hold a job.

I really hope they don' t lose focus of single player gaming. I am not a fan of online.

You' re showing your anit-social side Joe...

I think that they have to at least try it. They will have no doubt taken comments by developers like Kojima to heart and will be worried about the implications of not having an online service.

I would say a Sony Online service was a given eventually, but i would hope it' s not just centered around games. Microsoft have some very interesting plans for Xbox Live and 360 as a media hub, so hopefully Sony will attempt to counter that. I may sound like i' m starting to root for Sony here but i just want Microsoft to have a decent amount of competition so they need to upgrade and enhance their service.

If it does go ahead, i doubt it will be as successful for the PS3 as Xbox Live will be for 360, though that depends on how Sony price the thing. It won' t be free that' s for sure!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 03:52

Halo 2 clearly lost it' s single player focus and it seems that PDZ as well ...

I still think that 2 player VS in Fighting games (on one TV) , or 8 players (in one room or bar) mayhem in mario kart ds is the best way to play with people.

But online is getting better and better - I think it' s going to get awesome this new generation (Rev,PS3,X360).

It' s to PC for now...however still quite cool (Halo2)

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 22 Jan 06 20:14:55 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 04:13
One more thing I read - Nintendo WI-FI info for Revolution will be uncovered in March (GDC)

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 04:13
You' ll see an increase in traffic over Xbox Live (like there wasn' t already 1000' s of people playing at any time already...) once Ghost Recon 3 and Gears of War are launched.

Pretty much every 360 game in development has some sort of Xbox Live component. It' s nice to know that once you' ve finished with the main game you still haven' t experienced the whole thing yet. The ability to challege somebody, somewhere else in the world at any time (say in the early hours), then chat to them using the (horrible) headset is pretty cool.

Live will really show it' s colours when games like Huxley are released. Still, i think that if they' re serious about giving gamers what they want Sony will have to put something in place!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 23, 2006 05:44
Cant see why Halo 2 lost its single player touch. i thought it was a great game, but hell, i even liked Doom 3, so maybe im the crazy one.

I mean Halo 2 got rid of most of CE' s repetative envirioments annoyance! i had fun through and through, i didnt in CE, i almost died of boredom in the Library. The cure for halo would be to leave the flood out of the game!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s Live version considered? check it out ... - Jan 25, 2006 21:10

Cant see why Halo 2 lost its single player touch. i thought it was a great game, but hell, i even liked Doom 3, so maybe im the crazy one.

It was a good game but not as good as hype was :)

God I so totally agree about Flood :)
Still I consider Halo' s single player experience to be better than H2.

Both games are really great but not as huge as most people make them to be - many of those guys just didn' t play great games before I guess.

Maybe it depends on what you like I don' t know :)