Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Project Offset
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Project Offset - Feb 16, 2006 17:08
Im not saying console games arent good, but sticking a PC style to glitchy console game is wrong and over generalisation, most pc gamers add " console like" , to games with a glitchy control scheme.

If you look at the PS2 library, there are a million of bad titles, that should never have left the drawing board, as does the PC, but atleast you arent charged full price for most of them!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Project Offset - Feb 16, 2006 21:37

You must' ve had a really bad time with your PC Gangsta! You' re constantly saying that about PC games.

It' s not entirely like that - it' s that I often see games that are ruined by some stupid details and could' ve been so much more - I don' t like your avarage PC platform , but I love Apple computers for instance (quiet , stylish and incredible OS on them).

What I hate about PC' s is that these are loud , ugly (mostly) , huge boxes - often frustrating to use - especially when you value your entertainment a lot(and I do all the stuff you said - I' m one of those guys who know how to treat windows and stuff , plus I do buy good hardware).

Even so I found myself full of envy when HL2 came out or WoW , or Warcraft 3 and so on.

I just think gaming doesn' t belong here ( PC' s ) in the first place , but surely it' s hard to survive in the console gaming industry so I can' t blame them (developers) :)

So not hard, but many wouldn' t think of reading the readme.

Not hard - but sucks that you had to bother instead of just sitting and playing the game you paid for.

All I can say is that, it' s one game that is really what PCs are all about, a true simulation

Totally agree - Flight Sims and stuff like that is missing from consoles , but games like Virtua Fighter and F355 are totally the same experience (learn for hours and feel great when you see the fruits of your work).

I' ve read some reviews on GTL and it seems to be a great driving sim - You should try Ferrari F355 if you like that kind of thing - it was actually used by ferrari drivers for training.

I' m not saying that GT4 is the ultimate realism out there , but it' s so much fun for me that I don' t need reality that much I guess (still I played f355 for years)

I asked about it cause I' m really into games like that (and graphics are not as much important to me).

As for games you' ve mentioned - I have a lot of fun with all the types - I love heavy hardcore sims like F355 and I love Outrun 2 for what it is , after that I play some PGR2 and it' s ok (I think they should actually decide wether it' s a sim or arcade since that MIX isn' t working that well)- next up is RR one of my favourite Arcade racer series :)

I think it' s not what you prefer - it' s more about how good it is and how open minded you are.

most pc gamers add " console like" , to games with a glitchy control scheme.

Hmm I would call those guys idiots - now I can' t argue when they say " psx has lower resolution!" or " You can' t play real online games on N64" but when someone tells me that the biggest strenght of console gaming is considered a flaw ...

You should be smart enough not to quote them man :)

next time they play Mortal Kombat on keyboard - tell them that
next time you play a racing game on your keyboard think just how stupid they are
next time you play a TPP game think to yourself " why do I have to press those " H" , " D" letters all the time?"

Then play some FPP and think to yourself " yeah that' s the way you should play FPP games" and like most PC gamers you will forget how painful it was to play any other game :)

You can get a racing wheel for PC ? nice only who cares - it costs a lot and console gamers have a great controller for every game as standard.

Choupolo - now I want you to understand that no matter how much my opinions may differ I really respect what you' re saying and I' m certainly going to read most of your posts cause you have enlightened me in many areas :)

If you look at the PS2 library, there are a million of bad titles, that should never have left the drawing board, as does the PC, but atleast you arent charged full price for most of them!

Yeah but I don' t care - I don' t buy them.And if someone does - means he should' ve checked some reviews.

Did you know that less than 20% of people who buy games read reviews? Sad isn' t it? that' s why bad games are still selling.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 16 Feb 06 13:48:16 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Project Offset - Feb 16, 2006 21:59

Yeah but I don' t care - I don' t buy them.And if someone does - means he should' ve checked some reviews.

Did you know that less than 20% of people who buy games read reviews? Sad isn' t it? that' s why bad games are still selling.

See right there, you pointed out all thats wrong with your generalisation, there are bad PC games, but there are as many bad PS2 games, even more of them in my eyes.

There are bad PC games, but i dont buy them, as do most picky PC gamers.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Project Offset - Feb 16, 2006 22:22
the only difference I see here is that I' m not talking about bad games when I say glitches , animation and shit - I haven' t even tried a " bad" PC game cause I read reviews - the things I' m saying are about those " great" PC games - and that' s my problem,

That' s why I say anyone who says these are perfect or the best or whatever is not picky at all.

Sure there are exceptions ...some exceptions
Vx Chemical

RE: Project Offset - Feb 17, 2006 00:40
And im sure there are as many glitches in the great console games. I still think its over generalisation. As in saying console games are gimmicky, neither are true, im both a console gamer and a PC gamer, mostly console now, since i cant afford a new pc, so its not that im biased, I just dont buy it.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Project Offset - Feb 17, 2006 00:44
Well there weren' t before MS and their famous Halo 2 glitches - it depends on what system you' re playing I guess - Xbox was a bridge between PC and a console - that' s why there are many people who played PC previously and now love Xbox brand.

Sometimes it' s hard for PC gamers to get directly into Console gaming I guess.

< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 16 Feb 06 16:44:39 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Project Offset - Feb 17, 2006 00:47
Iv only recently started to enjoy console games, and most of the titles i pick up for my xbox will resemble PC titles, i think a lot of console games are too focused on pleasing everyone, instead of just finding a niche and making the game they really want, ohh and i despise games like Ratchet and Clank, yuck.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message