Which is the best next-gen controller ?

bobbers
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 02:32
The controversial new design of the revolution' s controller has come as a surprise to me. I mean, it' s like a TV remote; how can u hold it properly ?
I think the ps3 and 360 contollers are probably more comfortable to hold, but the revolution one is more high-tech, and can be used 4 loads of things. Also, some people think that the 360 controller is way too big and is like holding a dinner plate. What do you guys think ?

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 02:33
I think ill wait till i have tried all 3. I think the Xbox360 controller is the best thing to grace the world of gaming

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 02:41
The Xbox 360 controller is absolutely gorgeous.. So far the greatness of that controller is second only to the Japanese Saturn controller which to me is the greatest controller of all time and one that is on godlike levels..

The Revolution controller has the potential to be absolutely amazing so I' ll have to wait till I get my hands on it to have a better idea..

Sony' s controllers will never be a favorite of mine as long as they hold onto that incredibly annoying d-pad design of theirs..

So far, from what has been shown of the three controllers, I like the d-pad on the Xbox 360 more than the ones on the PS3 and Revolution controllers.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Kannon
  • Total Posts : 205
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 03:01
I think how well they play the games they have makes a controller better.

And yes the 360 controller feels really good.

The one they showed of the PS3 has to be a place holder.
I look like the handles will make my hand hurt.

The Rev controller does seem to have the most potential for it' s games
due to the fact that the control will be very important and work on
more than usual.

I have yet to really test the 360 and the others are not yet released.

Based on the games that it had I pick the Japanese Saturn
controller as may favorite also.
< Message edited by Kannon -- 18 Jan 06 11:04:11 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 03:20
Since the PS3 controller displayed at E3 has since disappeared due to bad feedback, i think we can safely assume that i willl change somewhat.

As far as regular controllers go the 360 pad is the best yet, but it' s the Revolution pad that i' m most looking forward to. I can' t wait to be flicking that thing in the direction of the screen like a madman!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 04:14
Im digging the Mad Katz Gamepad Pro controller for the 360 so far altho the Guide Button and material make it look a lil cheap, still its quite nice. Obviously without the other controllers (REVs and PS3) I really cant comment on them.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 05:54
There' s only one Next Gen controller and that' s revolution controller

how can u hold it properly ?

Like you said - like a remote.

I' ve read that that nice shiny plastic is on top and below it' s some kind of mix with rubber that makes it very comfortable (report from presentation in Edge magazine ) and in reality they wrote it is extremely comfortable and intuitive for those demos however it takes some time getting used to more complex games like Metroid Demo.

I wouldn' t speculate on other controllers since PS3 doesn' t have one for now.
And everyone knows that Xbox360 has a great controller - I mean the press is in love with it.But it is not a next gen controller no matter how cool it is :)

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 06:00

But it is not a next gen controller no matter how cool it is :)

ehhhh?

Unless you are saying its not nextgen, because the console has been released, and there for is current gen, then i think you hot your head somewhere.

Maybe though, next gen to you means some added functionality, that will or will not prove to work.

Im sure though that with Xbox 720, Microsoft' s neural jackin' s will be considered next gen.

The controller is of a next gen console, there for its next gen, thats the only way to look at it. Its a great controller, thats combined the best of all the others (yes i know, except for the D-pad)

]GaNgStA[
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 06:15

Maybe though, next gen to you means some added functionality, that will or will not prove to work.

That' s exactly what I mean. You need to relax a bit man I didn' t say that totally serious (those " :)" prove it).

Check that Attitude man it sux.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 06:52
BURP!!!

The only next-gen controller we will get this time around will be for Revolution. Like with the analogue stick and rumbling pads before it, it will be copied for the next genereation (the one after this next one). Game pads evolve through Nintendo.

Wavebird was wireless, and wireless pads have been around for the PC for a while, so the 360 controller being wireless can' t be considered next-gen. It' s a big improvement on previous pads, for most things, but it' s not a next generation pad. Pads and consoles evolve seperately. Sony and Microsoft will keep the controllers the way we' ve been playing this past 5 years or so, and Nintendo will again change the way we play games!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Which is the best next-gen controller ? - Jan 18, 2006 06:54
AMEN to that brother :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 18 Jan 06 15:01:36 >