ps3 price. will it be worth it?

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 121 to 144 of 144
ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 03:31
It' s so small that I' d like to call it portable. Now you can really do what Nintendo wanted you to do with the GC (noticed the handle in the back?), take it to your friends. But maybe that' s not necessary since Nintendo seems to be putting lots of effort on online play.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 23 Jan 06 19:32:07 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 03:33
' im really looking forward to the Revolution, since its the only console i can play with my girlfriend.

ginjirou
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 03:36
What' s wrong with PS3/360?

Vx Chemical
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 03:40
Game choices, she isnt much into the types of games thats been released, mario kart and mario party ranks among our most played games.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 06:20
LOL!

My girlfriend kicks ass at KOF 2002/3. I' m ashamed to admit it, but she beats me on a regular basis, ...usually when i' m drunk!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 06:35

she isnt much into the types of games thats been released, mario kart and mario party ranks among our most played games
a good game is a good game, and who gives a rat' s behind what console it' s on. yeah certain consoles can do certain things different. centralized online play, fast load times, dvd drives, so i won' t try to convert anyone. Okay, and on an unrelated topic, take a look at the official Playstation 3 font, then look at the Spiderman movie font. Can anyone say marketing crossover?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Nov 07 1:37:51 >

Nitro
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 06:56
You' re plugging PS3? Dude!

PS3 will have longer load times that it' s competition, or at least it will at first. I guess it depends on what speed drives end up in the damn thing. At the moment it' s 1x, but they' re looking to do 8x soon enough, but an 8x drive would cost them more and a 1x drive already adds more than $100 to the price of the console...

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 24, 2006 19:39
My (ex)girlfriend could hang in a couple of games. She doesn' t like to play for very long, though. Only 30 minutes or so. The last game we played was DOA4. It' s interesting because before the game came out they were touting the fact that it' s a lot harder for button mashers to win in DOA4 than previous installments. I must say that I agree, because I had to go easy on her, whereas in DOA3 and Ultimate she would kick my ass sometimes. Weird! I wonder how they did that? The game doesn' t SEEM that different.

Vx Chemical
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 25, 2006 02:21
I hoping to get my GF to play DOA 4 with me, but she wont if i keep beating her, and she will kill me if i go easy on her.

Anything Mario is sure to be a hit!

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 25, 2006 07:48
Nah, i' m not pluggin anything, i changed my post to reflect what i really meant. i was just tryin to imply how much a little bit of money and leverage will get you.

Nitro
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 25, 2006 23:10
Ah right, i see what you meant now...lol!

PS3 doesn' t interest me at the moment, i' ve just checked out (report went online 24th Jan) the new build for GR3:AW over a IGN and it looks absolutley amaziong...

This is gonna be a must for anyone with a 360!!! Along with Gears of War, Oblivion and Dead Rising, this next couple of months is gonna be awesome!

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 26, 2006 07:00
gawd... that looks impressive, i' ll have to play that at my friends the day it comes out. I' ve enjoyed the first couple ghost recon' s so hopefully this one' s game mechanics will live up to the visuals. But i mean, holy buckets, those graphics are nice . When i look at graphics i don' t look at the overall, but the water effects were nice, the explosions in the trailer were choice. and if you look at the third pic, you can see the soldiers last name (Mitchell) etched in in sharpie like the real uniforms. little things like that make the game great for me. although, i' m a little worried that thats gonna end up like the battlefield modern combat and it' s red diamonds above the enemies. this is contrary to what i have heard but i hope that enemies don' t have the red sillouete.

Nitro
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 27, 2006 01:39
Nah, that' s not quite how it works. You get to control cyphers (actual military hardware that made it' s first game appearance in MGS2). Anyway, you control the drone and fly it by the area you want to move through and it allows you to pinpoint enemies on the ground, and as long as the thing doesn' t get shot down after you move back to controlling your team it tracks the enemies you highlighted.

The US military supposedly use these things. These are actual cyphers, not from the game...

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 27, 2006 04:42
Excellent! why didn' t someone think of that sooner? And now i can see that they' ve done away with the very cool looking, but not very effective helmet style crosshair, which is a bonus. and those AW pics bring up a whole new topic. We' ve seen the graphics for the not yet released 360 games, and we' ve seen one truly in game piece of footage, which was very dark, and relatively low-resolution, but where are all of the actual in game ps3 clips? they were spittin out left and right for the 360, which was in my opinion, one of the best moves that microsoft and it' s partners made in the 360 launch. because honestly. as much as i really want to believe that the graphics are gonna be amazing. i' ll opt out for a 360 (not sayin it' s second best or anything) if this sort of media coverage occurs up untill release.

Nitro
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 29, 2006 04:40
OK, back to the topic at hand and IGN have an article on their insiders channel that talks about the possible costs of PS3 at launch.

It starts off " Those lucky enough to have gotten their hands on a 360 will tell you that after the hardware, games, and other miscellaneous peripherals, controllers, etc., buying a next-gen system ' aint cheap. But as much as a 360 may have hurt your pockets, it' s looking like a PS3 will even more so. In fact, it' s fairly feasible to assume that the PlayStation 3 could retail at anywhere between $300-$800 at launch." but since i don' t subscribe to IGN i don' t know the articles full content. If any of you ARE IGN Insiders then posting the rest of the srticle here would certainly garner you much appreciation!

What i DO know is that in July last year PS3 was rumoured to be cost Sony $494 to make (leaked by Sony, and was the ' expected' cost since they haven' t even started producing them yet). The information was based on what we all know to be PS3' s hardware specs, but if Xbox 360 costs Microsoft $715 to make, then why is there such a gap? Especially considering that the Blu-Ray drive adds approx $101 to each PS3.

Would you buy Sony' s machine if it launched at $800???

ginjirou
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 29, 2006 04:49
But since July last year they have been removing and changing different parts to lower the production costs.
800$, man that' s a lot of cash. It' s hard to say if it' s worth it when you really don' t know so much about the PS3s capabilities. Also, it depends on the amount of good release titles. I' m not going to buy it for 800$ if there' s only 2 good titles out. If so I' ll probably wait until it' s library gets better and the price drops.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Jan 06 21:04:31 >

Nitro
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 29, 2006 05:08
The hardware has changed little since it was announced but since things like memory have fluctuations in prices every couple of months then it' s admittedly hard to tell.

Most people are speculating a $500-ish price tag and i don' t think that will be too far off. I would expect them to launch variations of the system in a similar fashion to what Microsoft did with 360 and i' d expect the cheaper version to retail for $450-$500 and the pricier model to go for about $600 or so, perhaps slightly more.

$600 is still a cheaper alternative to a $900-$1800 Blu-Ray player, i mean if you wanted Blu-Ray, why would you pay $1800?!

The Blu-Ray players prices are so high (yes so were DVD players when they were first released) to make PS3' s high price seem more affordable, or at least that' s my take.

If it' s launched in the UK at more than £400 ($709) then Sony are definately NOT getting my money and i' ll look into buying shares in Microsoft instead.

The Playstation launched here for about £399.99 and asking for more than that would be seriously taking the piss, especially given the certainty that it will suffer teething problems akin to 360s.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 30, 2006 01:16
yeah, i agree with you on the blu ray player thing. a blu-ray dvd player costs so much, and the drive in the ps3 is within the lower hundreds, someones makin big bucks.
i however, am in the buisness of fixing ps2' s so $600 U.S. isn' t alot to ask for, when you know it' ll go up for $1200+ on ebay. that way, i' ll have big money to drop on accessories, controllers, games, and possibly (depending on profit) a 360. which' s core system, i' ll take a guess will have dropped to $250 by release date. (insert happy squealing noises).
however, looking at it through the eyes of a consumer who isn' t making money off of sony malfunctions, i wouldn' t pay more than $450 for it on release night.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Dec 16, 2006 03:18
God this is oold, so was it worthhhh it guyys?

(ssorry again for thhe ddouble typee)

Dionysius
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Dec 16, 2006 03:36

It' s interesting because before the game came out they were touting the fact that it' s a lot harder for button mashers to win in DOA4 than previous installments. I must say that I agree, because I had to go easy on her, whereas in DOA3 and Ultimate she would kick my ass sometimes. Weird! I wonder how they did that? The game doesn' t SEEM that different.

I once came to the final boss in the game, playing with my eyes shut and only hitting one button! Ocassionaly though my friends woulld tell me to change button (if it was a throw type character)... It was funny as hell hearing them scream " Yellow button, Yellow button, YELLOW BUTTON!) then " Change of strategy! Red button, RED BUTTON!!!).

At the boss I had to open my eyes though.

Edit: Oh, and I' m talking ' bout DOA4
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 16 Dec 06 2:05:45 >

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Dec 16, 2006 04:00

God this is oold, so was it worthhhh it guyys?

(ssorry again for thhe ddouble typee)

nnnooo ppprrroobblleeemmm mmmaaannn!...

....hhhooopppeee yyyooouurrr iiinnnttteerrnneettt ccoonnneecctttiioonn iiisss sssooorrtteedd ssssoooonnn...
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Dec 16, 2006 10:59
oh my God, who brought this thread back from the dead?

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Dec 16, 2006 20:22
Ken Kutaragi...
There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Dec 17, 2006 02:14

Ken Kutaragi...

Who let him out of the janitors closet erm... I mean his new office?
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 121 to 144 of 144