Dragon Quest 8 hits Europe

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
Dragon Quest 8 hits Europe - Jan 12, 2006 11:43
the release date is on april, ubisoft will publish it and translation will made for some countries (french - spanish... )

i' m playing the game right now, it is old school and i love it that way except for one big difference , so far 6 hours of gameplay, i still can' t find an item to ressurect my buddies, if you die (your team) you' ll rstart from your saving point (keeping your experience but your money will be halved ...) believe me it is very frustrating and i hate it that way

another thing that i didn' t like is: your character doesn' t seem to evoluate along the game level, so far i had always to do some extra fights in order to make my level experience match my quest, otherwise a boss will beat the hell out of me... surelmy this happens in other rpg' s but not as often as this... may be i' m missing out something but yesterday i had the urge to throw my controler out of the window, a boss killed me 7 times and i had to restart from a saving a point that is in a town!!! yes no saving in a dungeon!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr developers when you want me to kill you !!!

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dragon Quest 8 hits Europe - Jan 12, 2006 13:50
What the fuck is this ? :)

I didn' t die not even once - when you' re close to dying just run away.

I have 10 h of gameplay and I spent a lot of time fighting -it is a real RPG and it' s great that it' s hard and rewards you for developing your team - when one of your teammates dies you just have to flee , use that teleporter that get' s you into towns and resurrect him for 60 G.

Fighting is cool cause you level up quickly and you see the difference.

Don' t fight first boss untill you' re at least level 6

And the enemies are much tougher at night.

This game is just so cool and gorgeous looking at times - and that music man I' m in luuuuv. :)

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Dragon Quest 8 hits Europe - Jan 17, 2006 05:50
I can' t wait until it' s released(UK)! I didn' t play many of the others, but I loved the " Monsters" series to bits!!! It' s a shame there won' t be the whole " collect ' em all" system that Nintendo ' stole' and made the " Monsters" games so great .

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Dragon Quest 8 hits Europe - Jan 17, 2006 08:50
MArink - in April you will hear one of the best soundtracks in videogames- with incredible audio quality and fantastic anime style cell-shading.

Just wait a bit longer :)

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Dragon Quest 8 hits Europe - Jan 17, 2006 23:49
*Almost wets pants in anticipation*