Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ...

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 12:44
I' m terribly dissapointed

I mean why do they always " innovate" things that people love so much.

I guess I' m more into oldschool (DQ8) formula of Japanese RPG' s.

Has anyone played it and actually liked it?

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 12:48
Havn' t and i miss he 4 players in battles...
But im sure the characters/Story will be worth enough to buy ff12 then cause of some lame battle system...tghats just ok
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 12:56
it' s not bad ...it just isn' t FF

I mean why would the greatest RPG company borrow system from suckers like Bioware who make buggy and lame RPG' s with poor story (except first KOTOR) and should actually learn from Square?

QuezcatoL
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 13:08
Tell us about the battle system then?
Sakaguchi himself said Lost Odyssey would have tradiontell and action features implanted...

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 14:25
I wish they would just go with the same formula they used for FFVII.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 17:40
Havn' t played the demo but this doesn' t sound good. I stopped enjoying FF when it got to FFX. Can you make a list of the major negatives from what you' ve seen so far? I' m a big fan of FF and regularly play the older versions.

QuezcatoL
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 17:44
Basically FF creator Sakaguchi was doing the FF movie and left kitase in charge in FF8 but got back and worked and made ff9,then left kitase alone again and kitase made FF10...
Im glad sakaguchi left square-enix,because kitase is really running the serie.
Glad that matsuno took over the director role in FF12 though,however he had to quit under dev cause of sickness,but FF12 look very good,its a ashame if the Battle system sucks,or is not so good,but i doesnt play FF for the battles to be honest...

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 18:12
i' ve been disapointed as well from the combat system, i' ve just seens video but i don' t like that change, well people sometimes are afraid of the change that' s why us gamers would like to preserve the old school way since we love it, DQ8 is really awesom, but i hope that this system is enjoyable as well and of course final fantasy has other strengths.

final fantasy 10 has a very very good combat system, one of the best in the series, the ability to change characters during the combat was awesom...
i think its problem was : linearity
bye bye the vast world where you can go wherever you want on the map, explore unknown locations and find out secrets, that' s how it was the serie before FFX, but anyway that game is still one if it' s not the best rpg of this curent gen .

QuezcatoL
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 18:22
Its saddens me when games like FF10 takes away the world map and the airships,and also the plot/story was weak to me tbh.
But yes the fighting system was good,but i wanted better armor/weapon stuff...
And characters.

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 06, 2006 18:30
yes about the characters :

what the fuuuuuuuu**********k is wrong with some developers
what' s with that " girly" look they gave to the main character in FF XII and to some main characters in general (Raiden MGS 2 anyone??) , can' t they do better ?? i want a real, classy hero, heck even Cloud at the time when he was made with few polygons look much more charismatic than tidus.
djidan isn' t that good either i hated that character
tidus naaaah not really

Cloud, squall, Terra (or celes?), those are the best in the series

]GaNgStA[
RE: Have you played FF XII Demo? I did and ... - Jan 07, 2006 03:48
OK

So I ' ll tell you what it' s like.

1st let me tell you that I completely agree with " Its saddens me when games like FF10 takes away the world map and the airships,and also the plot/story was weak to me tbh. "

I love FFVII , FFVIII and FFVI was great (haven' t played previous)

Demo is all about running around and fighting - It' s the first FF game that made me turn it of after 10 minutes.

Fighting starts when you see an enemy (like KOTOR) and you select attack and run towards your target.Your character will just attack until you change the command.It actually looks terrible and feels like some PC RPG.

Spells - you select a spell and it takes some time to cast it , but the ones I' ve seen are so lame - there' s the sound of a thunder in THUNDARA and some small particles around your enemy - FFVII had much better 1st level spells than FF XII' s level 2.

It doesn' t even feel like you control this fight - you set it to attack and they just slash the target untill it' s dead.

It is much better done than KOTOR mind you.But it really is a final blow for the FF series in my opinion.Even running around in full 3d (shimmering all over) feels like some TPP PC game.

Still it' s just a demo.But a very dissapointing one.FF9 lacked a complex story with sense but it did feel like FF and was great on other fronts.FFX was a huge step in the wrong direction (no map WTF?) and it had a really weak story (the main thing in any FF game that wants to be respected).

Now I don' t mind changing FFXI into a PC and online friendly game if it' s made for PC or X360.

But why for fucks sake would anyone make an OFFLINE ONLINE game ?
Why are the best Japanese devs trying to be so American/European?
Don' t they realise that we love them for their Japanese style?

Man what a waste - at least the FMV' s rock and the story seems to be great (but who knows)

I play Dragon Quest VIII and it' s really great and has that FFVII feel but lacks the great storytelling.

NEW
I' ve just finished the demo and there are terrible camera issues , Summons are good looking but not as cool to use.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 7 Jan 06 13:21:43 >