Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 R.I.P Solid Snake.....
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 05:08
..haven' t the last two MG games been the first and second parts in a trilogy which Kijioma-san plans to end with MGS4?....

...i have not played Snake Eater yet (waiting for Subwhatever) so i guess there' s a lot about the sub-plots and characters that i don' t know about...

....Kojima-san has said that people will love Raiden after MG4... .even that wolf in sheeps clothing, OptaviusX said:

" ..raiden is expected to become a huge fan favourite after mgs4."

...so how do people here think Kijoma could get most people to do a 180 in regards to Raiden?...

...and who would the father be if the baby is Olga' s? .. i doubt it' s Raiden & Rachel' s (is that her name?) because the child would be a toddler or older by the time of Gun' s story...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 3 Feb 06 21:11:35 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 05:19
Since the story flows from the original Metal Gear games in to the newer ones, how is it a trilogy?

The order of the story is:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

And it doesn' t matter who the father of Olga' s baby is, the Patriots kidnapped the child during MGS2 (have you even played it?)

And nobody knows how many years Guns is set after the Big Shell incident. Kojima hasn' t stated it yet...but IGN seem to think it' s 3 years later, so Raidens child would be younger than Olgas but not by much.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 3 Feb 06 21:24:17 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 06:28

No, Snake Eater is set before Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (in which you killed Big Boss)

that' s what I' m saying - they can do a prequel kind of thing anytime they want
Nitro

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 06:30
Oh, yeah, my bad, ...i misread!

Oops!
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 06:43
Just to get this out of the way,

Kojima also commented that as a game designer in his forties, the game' s storyline will be targeted to a much older audience, as reflected by the game' s older protagonist. He has also confirmed that Solid Snake will not, despite his age, die in this latest chapter in the series. -Wikipedia

Before you get on my case about using a quote from an open source encyclopedia, several people working together are collectively smarter than a concentrated group of experts.

P.S.- Sorry if I killed the topic.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 06:45
Sakaguchi with blue dragon,and shigeru with his mario games show that age doesnt mean anything :)

Long live Sakaguchi!
Nitro

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 06:49
WTF does that have to do with MGS?

Dumbass!

S' ok Hounder, i said he wouldn' t die. Still, the topics title could do with changing now...
QuezcatoL

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 07:00

Dumbass!

Well, or nvm,i wont fall to that level.
Nitro

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 09:32
Stoop. Stoop to that level. You' ll fall on your ass...

I' ve had enough of Mario for a while, ...Nintendo need some new Ip' s (and a new Pikmin game). Aren' t they doing something with a penguin?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 20:30
What?! A penguin? Bwahahahaha that would be hilarious!
Penguins can barely move... poor guys.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 4 Feb 06 12:31:14 >
Bishonen

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 22:39
...excuse my inaccuracy, but if i remember correctly, MG Solid Snake was part one, Sons of Liberty was part two, with Gun' s Of The Patriots being the final instalment in a central story arc.....

And nobody knows how many years Guns is set after the Big Shell incident. Kojima hasn' t stated it yet...but IGN seem to think it' s 3 years later, so Raidens child would be younger than Olgas but not by much.

...ok first off, I' ve read that MGS4 takes place at least 10 years after Sons of Liberty... ...you might wanna check the trailer again, because Otocon has clearly aged as well (not as much as snake ofc) ....

...also, snakes digital eye, Otocon' s battlefield robot, ' Lady Leg' tanks etc... quite a technological advancement in a mere three years don' t you think?....

Die_Hounderdoggen Kojima also commented that as a game designer in his forties, the game' s storyline will be targeted to a much older audience, as reflected by the game' s older protagonist. He has also confirmed that Solid Snake will not, despite his age, die in this latest chapter in the series. -Wikipedia

... the fact that Wikwatever don' t even know that MGS4 is not the last in the series makes me dismissive immediately... ...please direct me to when and were Kojima confirmed snake' s fate exactly...

..and I' d still like to know how people here think Raiden could be turned from an object of ridicule to a " Fan favourite" ...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 4 Feb 06 14:52:55 >
QuezcatoL

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 22:44
Raiden himself wasn' t probably the reason so many hated him,i think it was more of the reason that snake had to go cause of him,that pissed off the fans.
Bishonen

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 23:10
...Kojima-san has stated that whilst Raiden will be in Gun' s, he will not be a playable central character....

...i guess Hideo knows not to pi$$-off Snake fans for a second time...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 4 Feb 06 15:11:03 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 23:20
I don' t think so - If he weren' t such a pussy boy with long blond hair ...THAT DOES IT I HATE THIS BITCH :)
Nitro

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 05, 2006 00:08
We DON' T know how long after the Big Shell incident MGS4 is set. It' s not been made official. The 10 year think came from the trailer that said " X years after Big Shell" (X being the Roman numeral for 10), while the voice over in Japan said " a number of years" . It' s not 10 years, that' s certain.

Otacon will look older since the visuals on the PS2 didn' t exactly portray characters ages very well. Exactly who' s baby do you think it is? If Rose was pregnant at the end of MGS2 and Olgas child was kidnapped (she was pregnant too during the tanker part), you REALLY think there will be a 3rd child in it?

The timeline and story arc continues though the games exactly as i showed it. If there are Metal Gear SOLIDs 1, 2, 3 and 4 then it' s not a trilogy even if 3 was set before everything else.

The order of the story is:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Trust me, i know this series inside out.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 05, 2006 01:52

..and I' d still like to know how people here think Raiden could be turned from an object of ridicule to a " Fan favourite" ...

It happens in Wrestling all the time
Bishonen

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 05, 2006 01:55
...i don' t pretend to know the series inside-out, but i have defiantly heard that the current story is a trilogy.... ...and Snake Eater' s protagonist is supposedly not Pliskin anyway right?... ....so wouldn' t that automatically negate Snake Eater from the current ethos??

...but it is called Metal Gear SOLID 3 as you have highlighted... ...so i can see the confusion.....

....i have also read that Kojima-san sates Guns of the Patriots to take place " roughly 10 years" after Sons of Liberty, in his last Game Informer interview... ...as i am not a subscriber to this site, i have been unable to confirm this.... ...but 10 years seems more credible to me...
Nitro

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 05, 2006 02:20
You play Big Boss in Snake Eater, ...it' s set in the 60' s.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 05, 2006 10:50
Well, Bishonen, you wanted evidence so here it is.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?id=cw433692f7ef437&pic=GEN

Unfortunately, the site' s in Spanish, but I managed to roughly translate the second half or so of the second paragraph below.

...Also, he is reflecting on the causes of combat and the relevance of a life of combat."
Although our hero needs medication to maintain his health, which we see from the video is injectible, Snake doesn' t die in this chapter of the saga.

Post if I' m wrong...again.
Nitro

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 05, 2006 11:11
NO, he hasn' t said " roughly 10 years" at all. He said a number of years!

The 10 years think came from the trailers " X years after Big Shell" lark, and people took X to mean 10 (Roman numeral). We don' t know how many years after the Big Shell incident it' s set (10 seems way too long, 3 seem about right).
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message