Finally a current gen game getting more then a face lift for next-gen!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
Finally a current gen game getting more then a face lift for next-gen! - Nov 30, 2005 18:03
Gamespot

Burnout Revenge' s new features sound quite interesting. And it has somthing that I think should be a must for most action intense games - Savable(sp?) Replays! It' s nothing amazing but it certainly is enjoyable...to me at least. So many moments in games that I just wish I could see over and over again and show others.

And the new online feature giving you a bigger purpose in the races aside form just driving. Giving you a target a focus prior to the race just sounds like a cool additon.

I cant wait to see the first crash video.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Finally a current gen game getting more then a face lift for next-gen! - Nov 30, 2005 18:21
I' m impressed. The game is coming along in leaps and bounds from the first pictures I' ve seen (posted there on gamespot july 14th) Funnily it' s looking at it' s best the more the cars get recked. I don' t know i the replay feature is enough to warrent me bying this version for 360... I' ve a feeling a new truly next gen Burnout will be worth waiting for.

It does seem though that you can count on those Criterion chaps.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Finally a current gen game getting more then a face lift for next-gen! - Nov 30, 2005 18:21
Burnout Revenge will be the first Xbox360 game actually worth owning, I think. I don' t care about replays. In fact I hate it when games automatically try to show me a replay after every race I finish, like I WANT to see it or some such nonsense. I like how Mario Kart DS does not force this upon you, yet you can still watch a replay by selecting it if you want.

Could just be Japanese vs American programmers, whereas Japanese are better.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Finally a current gen game getting more then a face lift for next-gen! - Dec 14, 2005 15:01
I hate those fucks from EA - all their games take most ideas from either Burnout or SSX.I luv SSX , but OutRun 2 is way cooler as an Arcade racer for me - I' ll go for quality over quantity.

Mario Karts - It' s unbelievable how precise and cool the contol is considering that DS lacks the analog stick.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Finally a current gen game getting more then a face lift for next-gen! - Dec 14, 2005 16:09
To be fair EA do have some good games and they can make sure the Burnout games reach the widest audiance. They are vastly superior to the NFS games. From what I can tell Most Wanted steals some of Burnout' s ideas... featuring some takedown action and crashes and stuff.

Even though I own and have played through most of Revenge for my Xbox I might have to pick up the 360 version.