check this out

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:11
the canadian website said that according to 1up, hideo kojima confessed that the video of metal gear solid 4 shown at TGS2005 could run on the xbox360... this is a serious hit to sony and all its fans (me included) and of course the fanboys :pp
many thought that this video was revealing the true power of PS3 or the demo show of what PS3 can do and what 360 can' t... i think we were so wrong...

1) this might be another evidence that both consoles have almost equal power

2) or simply the PS3 can still do better...

i believe teh first one to be correct

http://www.lelezard.com/actu/3039/mgs4-de-qualite-egale-au-xbox-360.aspx

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:17
If anyone honestly thought that that game couldn' t run on the 360, you' d have to be fairly dilusional. There is no way at this point to utilize enough power on either system to out do the other. We don' t know the full potential of any of the next gen consoles. There is no way a first gen game could possibly come close to fully taking advantage of the console. We won' t really know which can pull off the most insane graphics for at least 3 years.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:18
However the demo did not use any A.I or pshyic and so on,so basically it would even be able to run on our pc' s i think...however it would lagg MUCH.

" EDIT"
Btw,i think too that mgs4 could be run on a xbox360,i dont know if they would had to scale down something sometimes or not,but i do think when they understand the whole xbox360 and its power mgs4 would not be a problem to run.
Ofc when you understand cell...well you have a lot of power
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 18 Nov 05 20:21:54 >
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Rampage99
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:25
Depends on the PC. That game could run on the newest Alienware ALX systems that are equipped with the new nVidia graphics card (which is almost the same thing as the card in the PS3. The PS3 version is just basically overclocked). I can' t garentee it but for the most part it without AI and physics it wouldn' t be that hard.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Abasoufiane
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:27
rampage99 i know you are a huge fan of microsoft and dare i say you hate sony' s guts, but what i said is true many and many and oooh so many people though that MGS4 " most probably" (just to be more correct) cannot run on the xbox360 with that smoothness... but i agree with what you said first gen games won' t really use any console to its full potential, you know it' s just weird that MGS4 is considered as first gen, and who said it wil be after all, may be the game will be released in early 2008, you know how kojima is!!

Rampage99
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:29

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

" EDIT"
Btw,i think too that mgs4 could be run on a xbox360,i dont know if they would had to scale down something sometimes or not,but i do think when they understand the whole xbox360 and its power mgs4 would not be a problem to run.
Ofc when you understand cell...well you have a lot of power

MGS4 could run on the 360 right now without any downgrades. There would probably have to be some change in code and such since the architecture the CPU is so different and the consoles have different graphics cards. I think it' s funny that people are still putting so much behind the Cell. that thins is as overhyped as the emotion engine.

Rampage99
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:32

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

rampage99 i know you are a huge fan of microsoft and dare i say you hate sony' s guts, but what i said is true many and many and oooh so many people though that MGS4 " most probably" (just to be more correct) cannot run on the xbox360 with that smoothness... but i agree with what you said first gen games won' t really use any console to its full potential, you know it' s just weird that MGS4 is considered as first gen, and who said it wil be after all, may be the game will be released in early 2008, you know how kojima is!!

I already said I wanted a PS3 for MGS4. I' m not against the Playstation I' m just against all this BS about how powerful the PS3 is compared to the 360 and the fact that you are buying into it. The 360 could handle that game no problem if not better than the PS3 just because the 360 is easier to program for.

QuezcatoL
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:32
I think they said it would be playable at next tgs,basically 2006 september,so i would guess its coming 2007...
Basically,its ps3' s " gears of war" btw,when ps3 come ff12 comes out,and mayby soon even ff13?
Also,FF12 will work on your ps3 and TBH i would choose ff12 over a lot of new xbox360 games.

Rampage99
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:41
Are you trying to get into a console arguement. What does FF have anything to do with this. You posted a topic about the 360 being able to handle MGS4 and now yo defend the PS3 you are talking about how it can play FF12. Wow... that' s pretty sad.

QuezcatoL
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:48
Yes,im a very sad person i admit it.

Abasoufiane
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 12:51
what are u saying rampage , please open your eyes next time, it' s not quezcatol who started the thread and it' s not me who talked about FF12

Rampage99
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 13:03
My bad. I didn' t realize you started the thread. I thought Quez and I were the only two in this.

QuezcatoL
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 13:11
To rampage defend,i used abas Avatar for like 2 months...

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 14:09
I think a lot of die hard Sony fans wont admit that the Xbox might be as good as the PS3, its a blow now that the xbox has be superior this generation. I dont think MGS4 looks much better than Gears of War, where we have seen real in game play, MGS has only been hand animated, which gives more control of animation and where the camera points, so not add too much detail, so they can bump up the parts that are shown.

QuezcatoL
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 14:21
I agree,and heck i even think the best good looking games at NR will be in the topp 10 of this next gen in terms of graphic,without doubt.
I think its more up to the player in terms of Artistic world/details to whats look best.
If you ever dreamt of a hyrule in the most amazing biggest world with a amazing kick ass looking Link you might think that game will be the best looking in next gen,even if it has lesser graphic in terms of power and so on.

My dream is a FF7remake,just the thought about replaying " worlds best game ever" with that kind of graphic would melt me.
However know we know that kind of graphic will be usen in ff13,and im already melting,and if ff13 wont be multiformat,im buying ps3 as fast as i can.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 15:30
Sometimes reading " praise" of FF titles makes me want to play them, but i simply despise the random encounter system found in FF7 and FF8, i dont knoiw if they changed it in the newer titles.

But put that aside, remakes is a dangerous thing, and sometimes it spoils the " magic" . They are great for people who never got around to it, but most of the time remakes end up being critiziced by fans of the original, for the subtle changes the developers has made.

If FF does indeed come to Xbox360, i think i might give it a try!

QuezcatoL
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 15:46
You must be joking...
Whats so wrong with random encounter?
you run up from a worldmap to a new town,and when you run on the big field to the town,sometimes you might end up in a easy fight,jesus what a pain in the ass.
and when in a dungeon it might happend to.
AND BTW DUNGEONS IN FF serie is basically jus trunning in a straight line,its nothing like zelda.
basically you meet as much enemies as in zelda,but at random.
And its not like you can meet a new enemy after ifghting one for a lot of seconds,and if you want to fight for getting exp run back and fourth in adunegon/worldfield untill meeting enemies,take like 15-20 sec max.
Oh btw ff12 has no random encouter.
But people overexaggretaing about the problem with random encounter.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 16:06
It' s just a matter of personal preference. I am a huge RPG fan and have played pretty much every RPG I could get my hands on since 1992. While I don' t mind random encounters (if they' re properly implemented), if given a choice I would go with enemies I can see. I love the FF series but after a while, the usual grind of random enemies and not being able to avoid them can get a little annoying. Especially when you need to go to a past town and end up encountering enemies that give 10xp each. I find that random encounters are fine if you want to advance forward in a game' s main story but are frustrating for pretty much everything else like side quests, backtracing steps, exploring, trying to figure out complex puzzles, unlocking secrets, etc.
< Message edited by Unluckyone -- 19 Nov 05 0:07:45 >

QuezcatoL
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 16:20
" Tales of" serie is great in that way...when you run in the worldmap suddendly a enemy monster appears on the screen and try to run into you,and if it does,you start a fight.
Basically you can also avoid them by running at the side of them,but not always,if they run to fast towards you and so on...

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 17:23
In my opinion the absolute best implementation of encountering monsters was done in Lufia 2. That game was fun from beginning to end and not once did I feel like it was the usual grind. Enemy encounters are random on the world map, but in dungeons, enemies are visible. In a dungeon, a battle occurs when an enemy character is next to Maxim. Battles with normal monsters are fairly hard, and there are even some regular enemies that can kill off your entire team if you are careless or if you underestimate them. Lufia 2 was designed so that individual fights are hard, but not tiresome. It' s a little hard to explain unless you' ve really played the game.

KiLLeR
  • Total Posts : 314
RE: check this out - Nov 18, 2005 19:34
Hiedo Kojima has said this, about x360 and ps3, a while ago and I posted a link in one of the topics, so for me it' s not anything new. Quezcatol, ur obsessed with FF series huh? LoL, I don' t know what u like about that game, it' s so boring. anyways, MGS4 I' m sure would run in the 360 even after it comes out for the ps3, they just need to rewrite the code, since the architecture of the consoles is different.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: check this out - Dec 13, 2005 14:50
Yeah Kojima told 1up that MGS4 could' ve been made for 360 but he prefers PS3.

Abasoufiane
RE: check this out - Dec 13, 2005 15:04
good morning Gangsta!!!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: check this out - Dec 13, 2005 15:13
I also read in Edge as well as saw in the interview on this site, that Kojima-san doesnt intend on using the full power of the PS3 for just graphics (altho from that video it looks as tho he can just produce amazing visuals as a by-product!), instead he said he wants to make a game that looks good enough to sell but use the rest of the power to create original aspects to the game world that bring it to life. Have no idea at all what specific aspects he meant by this, but this would indicate that the PS3 is capable of even better graphics (if thats all it was doing)!

So more of reason number 2 in the original post as to why the trailer would run on the x360. (not saying that its less powerful or anything...)

Rampage99
RE: check this out - Dec 14, 2005 07:29
My guess is there will be some extremely interactive enviroments with some hardcore physics in this game. It would be awesome to finally have the game world in MGS to feel more alive by having an ever changing enviorment.being able to create your own cover and stuff would rule.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: check this out - Dec 14, 2005 14:48
Oh good morning Abasoufiane :)
What a beautiful day wouldn' t you say?

How come people refer to MGS3 as first wave of PS3 games?

Guys do you remember MGS2 for PS2? That was the first truly next-gen visual experience - looks fantastic even today - they know what they are doing.

If Kojima says that 360 is capable of displaying that thing just like PS3 - it means that:

A)It' s at least as powerful
B)The hardware may not be as powerful but easy programing makes it even (but I doubt it' s the reason - since Kojima' s team isn' t affraid of tough programming)