Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New drawing...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:00
Numero uno

Raven, I' ll send you a blown up pick so you can see all the small details.

The second is still loading.
Rampage99

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:07
...and the second. Just some doodles.

RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:10
Awesome, thanks alot
So you use the line method? Like making all the circles and then erasing?

I find I am a good mimic. I can look at your pictures and totally replicate them (without tracing haha ) but set me out on my own and I have troubles. This should help though.
I drew a couple of pictures two nights ago - two of FF7 Cloud and something I came up with. The clouds came out alright but the other was kinda eh

Thanks again for this though
Rampage99

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:14
Heh, I might as weel throw in I just won $6,200 from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale. I won first place in in a scholorship competition based on the best art submitted. The judges were people that actually work for gaming companies. I came in first out of all the applying students and students currently attending the college. I' m still in shock. I don' t feel I deserved to win any of the prizes, but first place above all. Sh*t, I' ve never thought of myself as drawing that good and I still don' t believe it. Oh well, I can' t complain walking away with over six grand by sending in four pics(which I even get back).
Rampage99

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:17

ORIGINAL: RavenShadow

So you use the line method? Like making all the circles and then erasing?

Not a problem man, sorry they came so late. I actually just got into using the wire frame method. I like it in some cases but I' m already starting to stray from it again. It' s a good way to get proportion right though. A nice way to start out. I only used it for the stuff on the right of the first page. All the stuff on the left and the second page is just freehand. I normally don' t erase the wire fram if I use it.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 4/29/2004 3:18:55 AM >
RavenShadow

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:18
That' s pretty awesome
You definatly have a lot going for you
I really like all the pictures that I have seen of yours
Congrats man !
Rampage99

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:19
Thanks
RavenShadow

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:19
I would prefer to do freehand but the wire is better for proportions as you said.
It' s going to take some practice. I used to be able to draw really good when I was younger but I just stopped and lost it
Im trying though haha
Rampage99

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:23
If you have a scanner I' d really like to see how your attempts turn out.
RavenShadow

RE: New drawing... - Apr 29, 2004 03:31
I don' t have one myself but I do have access to one so I will scan some of my stuff when I can
Call911

• Total Posts : 51
RE: New drawing... - Apr 30, 2004 15:42
i have the same problem with my drawings Raven, i can copy really good but set me loose on my own and i dont know what to do. Ramp just comes up with stuff from his head and its perfect, his friggen doodles are better than my actual pictures. is it wrong to hate your best friend because he can draw better than you? j/k.

Ramp: i told you that picture would win, how could it not win?! the judges would have to be blind to give that first place. anyway congrats
Rampage99

RE: New drawing... - May 01, 2004 14:26
Call, you' re damn good at drawing. I don' t know why you act like you aren' t. Some of the stuff you come up with is just awesome. You' re stuff has often become the main inspiration for the things I draw.

I still don' t understand how that drawing won. Dude, people that go to the conceptart.org go to that school! You' ve seen their stuff! F*ck, my stuff doesn' t even come close to that level.
Call911

• Total Posts : 51
RE: New drawing... - May 06, 2004 16:18
your stuff come fairly close to some of their drawings and your at that level with out any higher level art training (i know we took high school art classes but what did you really learn in those classes? nothing, thats right) once you get through college your gonna own all those people in the face. you will go to conceptart.org and post a pic there and go " what do you guys think? good?" and they will flee in terror from the great awesomeness of your artwork. and ill still be doodling put of proportion oddly shaped lanky people saying " look mommy can we put it on the fridge?" and she' ll go " oh sweety your half neked gangly mutant man is so cute! of course we can put it on the fridge." and thus having fullfilment in my life ill go eat me crayons.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 53 of 53

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message