Resident evil 4 PS2

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 30, 2005 07:38
i finaly had my hands on resident evil 4 on my PS2, the game is truly awesom but i would like to highlight some slight issues though. first of all i' m a bit disapointed because of the controls, Leon is kinda slow and when enemies throw at your face explosives what you have to do is pulling back fast and i mean fast, instead your option is to make first 180° and then run, it takes time and your fate is death. secondly the aiming is not really precise it took me some time to get used to it, i think gamecube controler is better to solve this issue. finaly cutscenes are better than the in game graphics, i mean you can notice the difference when it turns back to the cutscenes which is a little bit annoying. other than that and so far , the game is fantastic and the graphics are amazing for a PS2 and may be for any console or pc, i can' t believe that PLAYSATION 2 made it...

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 30, 2005 09:46
Never underestimate the Emotion Engine
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 30, 2005 10:07
Yeah! It' s strange. The Xbox and GC are more powerful by numbers but when you play a PS2 game that has been carefully developed by people who know the PS2 technology, you feel that the the games often looks as good or even better than GC/Xbox games. They are more... emotional :P hehe get it?
Transformers, Tekken 5, RE4, MGS2/3, Gran Turismo, they all look incredible. That' s why I am expecting the PS3 to be superior to 360 in graphics. It' s already better by numbers and once the games have reached their full visual potential, moahahaha then it' s judgement day!

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 30, 2005 10:17
BUT The PlayStation 3 doesn' t have an Emotion Engine, so I remain skeptical
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

ginjirou
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 30, 2005 10:36
Hmm perhaps. But I bet they will have something that resembles it. Like Emotion Engine 2.
But then Microsoft will call their Engine the Emotion engine 260 :P

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 30, 2005 16:27
I have played Resident Evil 4 on the PS2, and thanks to the Emotion Engine it comes pretty close to the GC version. It is a bit brighter though with washed out contrast. But the Emotion Engine brings through the full range of engineered emotions just like it does for each and every PS2 game. Who would have thought that a videogame system could run the gamut of all engineered human emotions? Excuse me... I' m getting emotional...

...All hail the emotion engine, a gift from GOD in the highest!

Twist
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 31, 2005 05:10
As for 180 degree turns, press the Sqaure (equivilent of the B button) and tap the stick down.
Shenmue...

It' ll be back....

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 31, 2005 07:48
Monsieur Twist!!! i thought it' s obvious that' s why i didn' t mention the detail but i' ve already done that and it' s still slow, notghing is better than a fast pull back , a jump backward or something to dodge the ennemy attack. 180 is slow and the camera make it worse but that' s not really an issue anyway it just could be better...

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 31, 2005 08:02

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

Yeah! It' s strange. The Xbox and GC are more powerful by numbers but when you play a PS2 game that has been carefully developed by people who know the PS2 technology, you feel that the the games often looks as good or even better than GC/Xbox games. They are more... emotional :P hehe get it?

No...

That' s why I am expecting the PS3 to be superior to 360 in graphics. It' s already better by numbers and once the games have reached their full visual potential, moahahaha then it' s judgement day!

Again, no...
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 31 Oct 05 16:02:45 >
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

ginjirou
RE: Resident evil 4 PS2 - Oct 31, 2005 10:57
Hmm. No. That' s a short answer. Still it says so much so you' re probably right!