Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 where is the Yuzo Koshiro Interview ???
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: where is the Yuzo Koshiro Interview ??? - Oct 14, 2005 18:57
Great interview! I like it when you really talk to the individuals instead of just e-mailing them questions like some sites do. I found it interesting to discover that the Playstation used an ATRAC compression scheme (like MiniDisc) which is somewhere around a 5:1 compression ratio. That is very logical yet it never even occurred to me. Sony also used ATRAC in their theatrical SDDS (Sony Dynamic Digital Sound) format, which failed miserably by the way.

I was hoping that Yuzo would have perhaps a bit more Sega bias like I do. Everyone needs a healthy dose of Sega bias. But he does like the music on those older cartridge systems a lot, as do I. They were so distinctive and fun to listen to. What really knocked me off of my feet in those days was the amount of bass that came from games like Streets of Rage 1 and 2. There were two songs in Streets of Rage 1 that had low, rumbling bass lines that literally shook my whole room (beginning of stage 6' s theme and end of stage 8' s theme). The Super Nintendo never was able to do that, though it did have some good bass in select games. Or maybe it did do that, but I just ignored it since I am biased towards Sega.

Everyone needs to listen to Wangan Midnight 2. Now.

So was this a phone interview or a in-person interview?
Ryoh

• Total Posts : 8
RE: where is the Yuzo Koshiro Interview ??? - Oct 15, 2005 02:53
Thank you Kikizo for having so many exclusive interviews and thank you Yuzo for the beautiful musics of Shenmue !
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
RE: where is the Yuzo Koshiro Interview ??? - Oct 15, 2005 03:38
Can' t say i remember you adny2 but i used to post on Segaweb back in 99 wooo sega! =b
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: where is the Yuzo Koshiro Interview ??? - Oct 15, 2005 15:31
Nevermind Adam. I answered one of my own questions. The interview was conducted at the Ancient offices in August. Source = Yuzo.

I demand more people read the interview and reply about it!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message