If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them?

Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 04:04
that' s my case here in morocco, there are no legal games here because there is piracy everywhere and the few people who once sold Legal Games are out of business a long time ago... now let me tell you that sometimes you feel it' s a bless from heaven, I bought Fable: The lost Chapters for 2$ (it was not even Out yet in the U.S market and i don' t know how those people got it, same thing happened for halo 2 And San andreas) .... i think that game worths much much more but anyway there is no legal version here in the market... but how about if it did exist would i still buy it ? yes if it does not exceed 30$ and if it was a new final fantasy i' ll go up to 50$...
Unfortuantly Few games worth my money .... let' s face it people games are really expensive, only few games worth the bucks you' ll drop because there are games that suck soooo much that you won' t even dare touch it for free!!
i' ll add that the power consumption in morocco is low and 50$ for a game people think that it' s " extremly" expensive ... so here is my question again, if you find the same game that costs 50$ in a nearby store costs only 2$ , would you go get it ???

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 05:30
Good luck with ps3.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 08:49
no

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 11:25
I would not purchase ANY pirated games.

If I am going to bother with pirated games, I will have them for free.

Naked Snake
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 14:04
Yeah. Me too, Joe.

Abasoufiane
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 15:47
that' s amazing guys i mean are they people that honest in the world ?? so many tourists from USa or europe who come to the area where these games are sold, and they buy a lot and lot of games ... those same people look like they can afford buying legal games at ease hmmm are they just greedy or not stupid enough to buy Area51 or another mediocre game for a $50...

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 16:28
you see the thing your forgeting is the price, who cares if you get no manual,box or decent disc just the game is what you want. Buying these games at such a low price allows people to exparemint with newer or odder games which they would have never paid 60quid for, but 30cents is a different story. Games are overpriced, and if you are into them [much like ourselfs] you cannot afford to buy all the ones you want without taking out a loan or turning to priacy. Its a shame really, i dont approve of priacy but hell if somebody came to me and offered me a copy of say The Movies a month before lanuch, I' d take it without as second thought.

At least one thing that comes out of priacy is a larger fanbase.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Abasoufiane
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 16:40
Finaly somebody being realistic lol

QuezcatoL
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 16:47
Me and my friends here in sweden buy all our games for the over priced amount of 80 dollars each,so dont talk about greedy.
95% of the people here can get broadband,in fact almost every house here has 1-8mb min internet.
We can dl a game/movie in 20-30 min so why havn' t we chipped our xbox/ps2?
Cause we like supporting the developers and know that what we pays also help the stores get new games,and make gaming more mainstream then to just have some geeks dl all games.

I couldn' t afford games when i was younger,so what did i do?
I didn' t buy games k?
If i just go to a movie and see it and dont pay for the ticket,has i hurt the movie company?
Even if i did not take with me the movie itself?
Ofc i did,i got their work for a free price,and if everyone did that there would not be any gaming/movies companies left.

I dont get much money feel sorry for me who buy illegal games.
Is that what you wanna hear?
You gonna feel better then?
A lot of people here who have a small economy too and get it.
Its all about priority.

But i cant say for sure i would deny a copy of halo3/lost odyssey working 1 month before release.
But i would buy the game when it came out for sure.

And to the question about tourist that buy illegal games,well the country should stop those shops,like in thailand,they even advs for those kind of stores to tourism,and the police/gov is fine with it,so who is wrong here?
The people who do illegal stuff available or the ones who buy them?

The answere would be,if you take away tourism who buying them would they still be selling? yes they would so the gov/police need to stop them.

ANyway its hard to speak for you,when i dont know how much or little money you have over there,and if the only way to get games is by illegal means i support it thou...
Its like dl anime from japan,if its not out here then dl it.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 18 Sep 05 0:54:15 >

Abasoufiane
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 17:10
that' s what i am saying, there are no legal games here and when they are available like gran turismo 4 ( because there was a period where they could not find out how to burn it ) then some feeew stores brought teh legal version and guess the price ? $100 oh you can bargain and you' ll get it for $90 and that' s ugly...

i am for buying legal games that are worth it (at their offcial price or near it), God of war , Final fantasy series, MGS you know names like that just name the game you love... however there are games that i won' t buy anyway so why not go get it and give it a try.. just for little fun, just for your experience, just to see some graphics that your graphc card can display even if the game suck soooo much .... i am not poor but i am not rich enough to buy every single game ... so if i had a choice i would buy games that i love and just pick the cracked ones for a little fun (if it' s not a misery after all) ...

QuezcatoL
RE: If you find cracked Games that would cost only 2 bucks, would you buy them? - Sep 17, 2005 17:15
Well as i said,i cant promise if i would buy a game for 2 dollar like halo3/lost odyssey if i saw it 1 month before release.
I hope i wont,but that is not the case here in sweden,and btw that game fable lost chapters my friend finished it for like 10 days ago.
He dl in 20 min O_o yes he did not pay and help piracy but he still does it so he is not better,and yes i watched him play on his lan. [:' (]
it run great and did not even req a cd key,you could write wtf u want.