Where are the Samurai?

Gawst_Smeva
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
Where are the Samurai? - Sep 15, 2005 10:23
Games with Samurai are indeed an amazing look into beautiful martial arts styles and feudal Japanese culture, but what has happened to them? Games like Bushido Blade (aren' t exactly historical games) are few and far between in the US and Europe, yet in Japan they are plentiful. Kengo was amazing, yet they didn' t release any of the sequels in the US. I went as far as to contact Genki, only they refered me to keep on checking their webpage for US releases of games Fu-un Shinsengumi and Kengo 3. Then they release games like Samurai 20XX, which did shame to such an incredible movie by Akira Kurosawa. Then you have Onimusha 1-3, which were fun games but lacked the true nature of an epic Samurai title. Samurai Warriors or shall I say Dynasty Warriors with katanas... Kabuki Warriors (hahahahaha). True Genji is coming to the US, but that is not a traditional Samurai Sim game like Way of the Samurai 1 and 2 (Samurai Western was just horrible) or the amazing Kengo Series. I guess Samurai lovers out there will have to either forgo playing such awesome games or learn Japanese and play them as imports.
< Message edited by Gawst_Smeva -- 15 Sep 05 18:24:17 >
Gawst_Smeva
Professional Sith Garbage Man
" Riiise (in Creepy Sith Voiceover)."
-A Now Deformed Palpatine