What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen?

alimn
  • Total Posts : 145
  • Reward points : 30415
What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 03, 2005 14:40
We want to see Shenmue games on next best console in next gen...

What' s your choice...?

1-Microsoft XBOX 360
2-Sony Playtation 3
3-Nintendo Revolution
4-Sega-Sammy' s next gen console(Mybe)

In my oponion Xbox 360 has the best chance but we can' t say it' s the best choice for Shenmue III or All Shenmue games sooner than 2007...
& Your view?

< Message edited by alimn -- 4 Sep 05 1:52:25 >
NW' s Shenmue, Yakuza and VF5 site!
http://www.novinworks.com/shenmue.htm

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 03, 2005 14:52
The best choice to me would be PlayStation 3. I' m no Sony fan but I' m tired of Sega losing money, if they want wider market penetration for the series then the PlayStation 3 is as good as it' s gonna get I believe. I' ve also never been a fan of Sony' s controllers but with Shenmue 3 I' ll live..
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 03, 2005 21:08
Personally I think it should be multiplatform. that would let it have the largest chance of making money. Also, everyone should have the chance to enjoy the greatness that is Shenmue.

If it were to go to one console though, I hope it would be the 360. Mainly because I plan on getting the 360 right off the bat. The PS3 probably won' come into my possesion until a couple years after it' s released. Same goes for the Rev(well... hopefully not that long after it/s released).

I guess it doesn' t matter too much though. I' ll buy whatever console I have to just to play the game.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 04, 2005 01:36
xbox360,you got a lot of dc fans moving to xbox and shenmue2 came to xbox with 2 dvd' s and sega said themself the 3rd would come to xbox.

The only reason why it could come to ps3 would be that it has more people to sell to,and if they gonna put in the whole story/game they dont have to go 2 dvd' s like xbox360 they could just go 1 blu-ray.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 04, 2005 03:46
Nokia N-Gage. Fo shizzle my dizzle and that that dumbass talk!

alimn
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 04, 2005 04:57
In NEXT GEN mybe X360 be the winner...

Because this time Microsoft has more support from game developers...

I love to see Shenmue on NEXT winner...

Ryoh
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 04, 2005 07:27
Just wait and release on the console winner. Don' t repeate what they did on this generation!

ps : hehe I meet the guy from Shenmue Dojo that gave me his boxart

< Message edited by Ryoh -- 4 Sep 05 15:41:26 >

Jason Zeidan
  • Total Posts : 308
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 04, 2005 14:47
I do think it should get multiplatform, but in order for Sega to spare time and money, I think they should release it on the Xbox 360. It will sell the most copies on that platform, I believe. And didn' t a Shenmue game already come out for Xbox? Then there you go. They can port it to the PS3, it doesn' t matter. As for the Revolution, I don' t think the game would bode well for Nintendo' s core demographic. But if it would be released as a Revolution launch title, which I doubt will happen, then that' s okay. So 360 for me.
" Nintendo' s an innovator,
Sony' s an imitator."

Yet, for some reason, it' s Sony that gets all the credit.

alimn
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 05, 2005 15:53
Visit http://www.charminshoe.com/shenmue3.htm for daily hot & fresh Shenmue newssss

Rampage99
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 05, 2005 15:59
Holy Sh*t! After reading their newest article not only was Shenmue 3 apparently confirmed for the 360 but so was FFXII!

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

QuezcatoL
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 05, 2005 16:38
Lol thats not true,Wada(president of square-enix) said Final Fantasy might go multiformat next gen-but at how it looks now it wont.
And what did he meant? Another game like FF crystall was that came to gc? or a real FF like FF13.

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 05, 2005 19:37

RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen?

Dreamcast II

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 05, 2005 19:44
I really want sega to bring itself up and I know the only way to guarentee that is to go with PS3, however being that I most likly wont have that I hope it goes multi-platform.

Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 07, 2005 18:37

but so was FFXII!

Rampage are you sure it wasn' t FFVI? anyways I firmly believe that Shenmue will come out on both ps3 and 360. If Shenmue is anything like its previous entrys it will be very expensive to produce and Sega will want to maximize the audiance.

As a side note someone said they were tired of seeing Sega loose money, but infact they are one of the most successful publishers right now, they have the best buisness model produce low cost games (low quality too) every two weeks and slap one of the most famous video game mascots on every box. Sega is rolling in it. Actually if they wanted to they could buy enough Nintendo stocks to take it over (hows that for irony?). Nintendo' s been at risk of takover for a while now by the way I was shoked to find out that they only have control of less then 9% of the shares, soon to be 13%.

QuezcatoL
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 07, 2005 18:54

Rampage are you sure it wasn' t FFVI?

And are you not sure you meant FFVII that was shown as tech demo,that also get psp game/mobile phone game and a movie comes out with it,what has been heard of ff6 in over 10 years?

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 07, 2005 19:03

As a side note someone said they were tired of seeing Sega loose money, but infact they are one of the most successful publishers right now, they have the best buisness model produce low cost games (low quality too) every two weeks and slap one of the most famous video game mascots on every box. Sega is rolling in it. Actually if they wanted to they could buy enough Nintendo stocks to take it over (hows that for irony?). Nintendo' s been at risk of takover for a while now by the way I was shoked to find out that they only have control of less then 9% of the shares, soon to be 13%.

All that info sounds horrible wrong. You' re gonna have to provide some links for that.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 08, 2005 13:02
I agree with lotusson, If it wasn' t for the Sammy merger I don' t think Sega would be rolling in anything other than losses right now. They haven' t had a major HIT in the console sector in quite a while, although their " Beetle King Mushiking: Greatest Champion" game for the Gameboy Advance sold VERY nicely in Japan (500,000+ copies). And they' ve had some sports stuff on the European charts, but nothing that would really have them rolling in the dough on their own. The Sammy side has probably been carrying much of the slack.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 8 Sep 05 21:03:02 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Rampage99
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 08, 2005 13:58

ORIGINAL: Game Junkie

but so was FFXII!

Rampage are you sure it wasn' t FFVI? anyways I firmly believe that Shenmue will come out on both ps3 and 360.

According to XBM both FFXI and FFXII are confirmed.

QuezcatoL
RE: What' s the best choice for Shenmue on next gen? - Sep 08, 2005 14:54
FFXII isn' t confirmed...
IF MS doesnt have some kind of secret deal with WADA...ofc he said he thought about making FF serie multiplattform so i wont completly ignore that its been said coming...