Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution??
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 05:50

pre-rendered or not, those vids were amazing...But it wasn' t just those demos that got me all warm n fuzzy on the ol' inside...Listen to the speaker at the conference - " its going to be twice as fast as the 360" And by any chance did you see the fight night round 3 demo...goodness gracious....and that WAS 4 sure Real time. as were the insane Unreal demo(s) for the console,but not just all that goodness(thats right I can go on and on)Im exicted to see this new " Blue ray" technology they have. I can' t wait.

I hate ignorant people. I' m not going to bother typing up another post to explain why you' re so wrong. I' ll just quote.

We all hear about how the PS3 cell processor has twice the power of the XBOX 360 processor right? We all saw Ken Kutaragi get up there and say it. Why shouldn' t we believe him? Well what Sony didn' t tell you is that the cell processor is only twice as powerful as the XBOX 360 processor when it comes down to floating point calculations. Now games these days are about 20% floating point calculations and 80% general purpose processing. The XBOX 360 processor is three times as fast as the PS3 cell processor when it comes to general purpose processing. (The XBOX 360 has three general purpose cores, cell has just one)

Another interesting fact is that 90% of floating point calculations are handled by the GPU anyway. Both GPU' s on the XBOX 360 and PS3 are very impressive. Arguably the XBOX 360 GPU is indeed more advanced and powerful than the PS3 GPU (unified shader architecture sounds very powerful and versatile indeed). But this is yet to be proven.

So what have we learned from this? Sony is good with smoke and mirrors. They are very adept at getting people to see only what they want them to see. But when you look a bit harder - you can really see that all is not what it seems.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 07:30
Wow, you guys covered that quick, lol! Oh and just to throw out some more stuff-

-The Unreal Engine has been running on the 360 a lot longer than on the PS3. Gears of War anyone?

-Fight Night does look incredible... and it' s also coming to the 360.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 11:04
UnluckyOne: " I hate ignorant people."

Woah. That' s what wrong with you guys. You think you know everything, and then when there' s somebody who could possibly, just possibly (I' m not pin-pointing) not know as much on the subject as yourselves, you bash them, calling them ' ignorant' . Try correcting them with manners, so that they can actually respect you.

Just something to think about UnluckyOne (and a few others I won' t mention )
Rampage99

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 12:42
No offence bt there is no need for a manner leason.
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
. - Aug 04, 2005 13:37
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:35>
Rampage99

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 13:43
The black 360 looks awesome!I saw it a while ago.
L.Kennedy

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 15:45
Im sure the Xbox 360 is gonna be great , Im just sayin , the PS3 is comin out long after the 360 does and that alone would make one think that the PS3 would be more Advanced.I can' t wait to see Sony' s new " Cell chip" in action.But im not gonna argue about system stats.What matters to me in making my decision on getting a PS3 is the games. Sony has the rights to my faves: Metal gear solid 4,Tekken 6,Kill zone 2 looks great.Don' t they have some Square-Enix rights as well?

And same here, I haven' t seen much on the Revolutions game roster either.When do you all think they' ll release some more info on them?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 16:12
The PS3 is launching four months after the 360. That' s not very long. Definitely not long enough for Sony to double the power of the PS3 by launch.
UnluckyOne

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 17:29

Woah. That' s what wrong with you guys. You think you know everything, and then when there' s somebody who could possibly, just possibly (I' m not pin-pointing) not know as much on the subject as yourselves, you bash them, calling them ' ignorant' . Try correcting them with manners, so that they can actually respect you.

Just something to think about UnluckyOne (and a few others I won' t mention

Sorry if I came across as being a hot head. I didn' t have a very good day. [:' (]

I don' t think I know everything. Far from it. But I try and find out the most I can about something before I post an opinion about it. Kennedy I don' t think you' re stupid or anything like that. It wasn' t a personal attack. I' ll try and refrain from posting after a bad day

I also respect the fact that you' re buying the PS3 because of the games. You' re not just one of those blind fanboys who buy it just because it is Sony and has the Cell processor.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 5 Aug 05 1:43:27 >
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 19:06
Nah, I really like the white Xbox 360, with that sexy white controller. But, come to think of it, that black 360 is really nice...

And UnluckyOne, I' m afraid I had a bad day yesterday too. I didn' t mean to " give a manners lesson" , ' coz that' s not my intention. Sorry about that angry post..

And P.S: As for me, I probably won' t buy the PS3 . I don' t hate Sony at all, in fact I admire many of their business decisions. But the only way I' d even get a PS3 is if it was affordable. But I really want those awesome PS exclusives. Sigh... what to do, what to do.
< Message edited by Jason Zeidan -- 5 Aug 05 3:07:40 >
cpsethgt

• Total Posts : 57
. - Aug 04, 2005 21:02
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:33>
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 04, 2005 22:04
You' re right, and I think most of it has to do with disorginization and panic. It' s too early to reveal much, for Sony, so they just slapped features and trailers to play catch up. And I do believe many Sony ' exclusives' will change and become Microsoft' s. And hopefully Nintendo! Right? Yeah? Nintendo!!
TXSPheonix

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 09, 2005 20:09
Why can' t the morons that are allowed to grace the floor of E3 think like us?

Can they not see that those PS3 " Tech" videos were coming from a PC!

THIER WAS NO PS3 ON THE FLOOR!!

Not even behind closed doors, nothing.

It' s sad really...

After the PS2, I absolutly hate a company the lies to me...

(Though I do like my PSP...)
< Message edited by TXSPheonix -- 10 Aug 05 4:10:36 >
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 09, 2005 21:15
Man, you just loooove your PSP. Maybe you should marry it!! -

Anyway, the PS3' s gonna blow. I read this great article that justifies that very theory. I' ll have to find it before linking it, though..

The 360 is just going to own it, mark my words. This is just like the PS/N64 cycle. N64 being PS3, a symbol of arrogance, and over-dependence with consumer loyalty. Loyalty is a myth.
TXSPheonix

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 10, 2005 09:42

Man, you just loooove your PSP. Maybe you should marry it!!

Huh? Me? Nah...Idon' t like it that much LOL

The new interface that the 360 has is simply amazing.

Have you guys seen em??

They are great, not to mention xbox live!

The titles will rapeanything the PS3 can put out, seriously.

Perfect Dark Zero, Elder Scrolls, PGR3,and so many more.

Even if the games do suck, they will still make aprofit.

I once heard it said best, the PS2 makes so muchmore money because it realses so many more titles that suck, but they make a profit.

Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 10, 2005 13:11
Nah, Microsoft still won' t make an easy profit of 360 until the games pick up, which could take a while. Plus, I don' t like the idea that Microsoft and Sony are using HD to promote their consoles. Especially when about 10 percent of Americans have an HDTV.. people' ll think that the 360 and PS3 won' t work with SD TVs. So brilliant, so brilliant. But it' s true, I think 360' s game library in the longrun will shun that of Sony' s, because I think third parties are going to be praising 360 for it' s DVD format and developer-friendliness. I mean, FF, Ridge Racer and Rumble Roses coming to Xbox isn' t a coincidence!!
L.Kennedy

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 10, 2005 14:01

I once heard it said best, the PS2 makes so muchmore money because it realses so many more titles that suck, but they make a profit.

What!?!? I disagree. The majority of the games I own are PS2,Im not saying the PS2 is the best. Those just happen to be my favorite games. That theory is also ridiculous,take a look at the Dreamcast buddy,Sega released so much garbage on that system that now they are barely even a third party developer. You have to make good games to make a profit(duh), people can be stupid but not that stupid you know?
TXSPheonix

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 10, 2005 14:08

What!?!? I disagree. The majority of the games I own are PS2,Im not saying the PS2 is the best. Those just happen to be my favorite games. That theory is also ridiculous,take a look at the Dreamcast buddy,Sega released so much garbage on that system that now they are barely even a third party developer. You have to make good games to make a profit(duh), people can be stupid but not that stupid you know?

Right, I understand.

I kinda should' ve said that better.

I was told by someone, who said it better than me, that the PS2 has so many titles that look appealing, but suck, people buy them.

Unlike say, the Xbox, there are HALF the games, which doesn' t make as big of a profit.

Plus, I don' t like the idea that Microsoft and Sony are using HD to promote their consoles. Especially when about 10 percent of Americans have an HDTV

Right, but they don' t HAVE to play in HD, it' s just a bonus feature.
< Message edited by TXSPheonix -- 10 Aug 05 22:10:04 >
Jason Zeidan

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 10, 2005 16:42

Right, but they don' t HAVE to play in HD, it' s just a bonus feature.

Yeah, I know, but M$ and $ony are marketing their systems as " HD systems" . They' re saying that HD is a priority, and they brag about it all the time. I know you don' t have to play it in HD, but that' s not what the average consumer' ll think when they' d hear the infamous " We' ve entered the HD era" quote by Allard.

UnluckyOne

RE: Will you buy the Xbox 360 or Revolution?? - Aug 10, 2005 18:13
I don' t see what' s so bad about wanting to push technology forward. I' m all for this HD era. HDTV' s are getting into the price range of mortal people now and will continue to become cheaper as demand grows. Promoting HD games will increase demand for HDTV' s and make the prices cheaper for everyone.

Why resist progression?
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread