favorite controller

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 46
tbonejg24
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 17:11
what system had your favorite controller?

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 17:12
By VERY VERY far and away was the Japanese Sega Saturn. There' s just no competition to that controller in my opinion.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

tbonejg24
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 17:16
mine was the n64 controller it was the first to have the joystick and had more buttons to do more things and it sat well in the hands

residentevil327
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 18:14
my favorite controller is the gamecube one.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 18:57
The original big Xbox controller. I' ve never got to use the japanese saturn controller so I don' t know about that one.
The controller I can' t stand using is the game cube one. I also hate the PS2 controller.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

MikeK
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 19:21
Mines the Gamecube and the Big Xbox one.

Terry Bogard
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 20:02
I absolutely LOATHE the PS2 controller, mainly because I' m a D-pad man and Sony' s Dual shocks have the worst d-pads in existence!

And by process of elimination that makes me automatically loathe the PSP' s d-pad as well.

As far as current generation controllers go, I love the GameCube controller the most. And the Nintendo Wavebird and I are gettin married!! I love that thing.

Most disappointing controller of all-time to me was the Dreamcast controller by far. To go from the almost god-like Saturn controller to THAT was incredibly disheartening to me.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 31 Jul 05 4:25:30 >

Rikka
  • Total Posts : 933
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 20:23
the original NES? I dunno, it was simple, I liked it. I also like the wavebird.... it is genious, absolute genious.

Terry, can I be the flower girl at your wedding?

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 21:05

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Most disappointing controller of all-time to me was the Dreamcast controller by far. To go from the almost god-like Saturn controller to THAT was incredibly disheartening to me.

What?! The Dreamcast controller was amazingly comfortable. It still is one of the best contollers ever. If it' s weren' t for the lack of buttons I' d put it above the Xbox Controller S. I' ve never actually seen the Japanese Saturn controller mcuh less actually tried one. Still though, the DC controller was imaculate.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Terry Bogard
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 21:16
The grip of the Dreamcast controller was nice, but I felt that the buttons were a bit too small (Playing Virtua Fighter 3 was a little tough), the D-pad was hard as a rock and became a little uncomfortable to use with extended play. The L and R triggers could' ve used just a little more work as well. On top of that, whoever designed the controller short changed us two buttons! The Saturn controller had 6 face buttons that were more prominent than the Dreamcastro' s 4 ;). To me the most appealing aspect of the controller was the VMS slot (VMU slot in the U.S.).

I would have MUCH preferred Sega adding an analog stick and VMS slot to the Japanese Saturn pad and calling it a day instead of going the route they went with the final Dreamcast controller design.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 31 Jul 05 5:21:30 >

Jason Zeidan
  • Total Posts : 308
RE: favorite controller - Jul 30, 2005 21:17
I loved the Dreamcast controller, because it' s simple to pick up and use, especially in the face of that threatening PS/PS2 dualshock. Shudder... I also like the liitle gizmo you put in it that has to apparent use. As well as that, I liked the original, huge Xbox controller; you know, the one that looked like a frisbee on steroids. It wasn' t any comfortable, but it looked so damn impressive! And I also liked the gamecube controller because it' s so comfortable compared to the controller S and the Dual Shock.
" Nintendo' s an innovator,
Sony' s an imitator."

Yet, for some reason, it' s Sony that gets all the credit.

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 00:03
I was always partial to the Genesis controller.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 02:35
The 2nd version of the US Sega Saturn controller was identical to the Japanese Saturn controller. It is by far my most favorite ever!

A close 2nd was the Genesis 6-button controller. The d-pad was GODLY! It' s biggest fault was the lack of L and R buttons, otherwise it was perfection.

My least favorite controllers are the Neo Geo (joystick AND pad... why arrange the pad buttons like the SNES buttons? They should have had a row of 4). Also the Playstation brand controllers for the reasons Terry mentioned as well as the 4 shoulder buttons. I just don' t like that. It makes me think that I need to learn too many button functions for each game. The Dreamcast pad was asstastic and has horrible analog. The controller felt cheap and very thin (as if it wasn' t durable).
The Dreamcast design was obviously stolen from the saturn analog pad design, but with an emphasis on making it much crappier. See comparison pic below:

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 31 Jul 05 10:35:50 >

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 04:36
I guess I never really think about the good controllers! I guess that' s the point. If it' s good, you don' t really notice it! Well, for comfort, I' m kinda fond of the Logitech wireless controllers for the Xbox and PS2. I play the Xbox WAY more than the PS, and unfortunately, the precision of the Xbox one is vastly inferior! Maybe I got it too early in it' s production or something! I don' t know.

As far as craptacular controllers, I' ve got to give it to the PS2. I mean, we' ve put men on the moon for chrissakes!! What the hell is up with that COMPLETELY uncomfortable piece of garbage. I' d rather play video games with the original Sega Master System controller; with the JOYSTICK SCREWED IN!! And you know that was one uncomfortable gob of plastic!

Terry Bogard
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 10:45
DEAR GAWD I couldn' t stand the Neo-Geo Joystick included with the console, talk about a hollow, cheaply made piece of $hitte! lol. I had some of the most frustrating of times trying to get it to properly recognize my directional inputs.

I also hated the 3D0 controllers as well.

Auron
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 12:05
I' m very comfortable with the PS2 pad, probably because I' ve used it in two generations of consoles, the two being of course the PS1 and Ps2, duh.
< Message edited by Auron -- 31 Jul 05 20:07:16 >

Joe Redifer
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 16:36

I also hated the 3D0 controllers as well.

I always try to forget the fact that I once owned a 3DO and spent $700 for it, but it keeps coming back to haunt me. The 3DO had the worst controllers ever. It refused to recognize diagonals. You had to loosen the screws on the back of the controller and that helped, but it still would rarely see diagonal movements because the sensors were too far apart on the board and two of them couldn' t be pressed at the same time. The PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 is another controller that required the rear screws to be loosened because the thing was just too damned tight. It could do diagonals most of the time, though.

Sal
  • Total Posts : 38
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 17:28
The gamecube wavebird. I could set up mirrors and play from my bathroom(mirrors so I could see, not so the signal would reach)......I lived on the 3rd floor of my apartment and I could still conrol it from the front lawn. Durring the long cold winter months you could easily play with the controller tucked snugly under a blanket with you. And the best part is...it is the only controller that allows you to comfortably have a smoke while you play...any other controllers and your cigarette always gets in the way. oh and 2 AA batteries last about 100 hours. Well worth the $50.00 each I paid for em.

Joe Redifer
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 17:37

oh and 2 AA batteries last about 100 hours. Well worth the $50.00 each I paid for em.
Boy, you sure are getting ripped off on batteries!

Sal
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 17:45
Heh...ummm...Yeah. Things really cost alot more here in Canada. It is because our dollar is worth less than pesos right now....gah! I am starting to hate paying $74.83 for a Big Mac, $23.00 for a bus ride.....Gas is even up to $5.26 a litre.....man things better turn around soon or this country is gonna go broke!

(ummm...I paid $50.00 for the wavebird)

Terry Bogard
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 17:55
A 7-11 Slurpy is about $79.95? And a piece of Bazooka Joe bubblegum is $500 up there??

Sal
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 18:00
Yup. Pretty soon I won' t be able to afford to feed my sled dogs...then I won' t be able to get to my job at the whaleskin tanning factory. then My wife and 13 children will frezze to death out on the cold Canadian Tundra.

Jason Zeidan
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 21:09
I despise the Dual Shock. Four shoulder buttons? Are you kidding me? I have enough trouble with two! Pressing R2, then quickly switching to L1... it' s so frustrating. And I think the fact that the PS' s buttons are represented by shapes means they really ran out of ideas...

Square! Triangle! R2, L1, then R1 simultaneously with Circle, Square, and L2...

[:' (]
Sony' s an imitator."

Joe Redifer
RE: favorite controller - Jul 31, 2005 21:54
I have finally, after 10 years, memorized where the Triangle, X, Square, and Circle buttons are on the PS2 pad! Before recently, I never played the Playstation brand that much to care. I looked at the controller and I saw heiroglyphics. I still have trouble with Nintendo controllers since they label them BACKWARDS! I wish Nintendo had taken the time to learn the order of our alphabet. This is honestly one of the first things I hated about Nintendo. I remember seeing the NES controllers with its B and A buttons (in that order) and thinking to myself " Are they like, retarded or something?"

So I got Sega, who could count.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 1 Aug 05 5:57:32 >

Jason Zeidan
RE: favorite controller - Aug 01, 2005 14:30
The reason the NES controller had the ' B, A' order was because your thumb would be closer to the A button, which is a more important button than B.

I' ve had trouble with the PS controller too, as you' ve seen in my last post. I still can' t get it right. Shapes just don' t cut it for me. Nor do numbers. I like letters.

I prefer A,B,X and Y to 1,2,3,4 and X,O,Triangle and Square.
Sony' s an imitator."

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: favorite controller - Aug 01, 2005 16:35

ORIGINAL: Jason Zeidan

The reason the NES controller had the ' B, A' order was because your thumb would be closer to the A button, which is a more important button than B.

ROFLMAO!! Okay, that' s just silly! I hope you' re not serious!

Naked Snake
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: favorite controller - Aug 01, 2005 17:14
mine is the XBox controller " S" . It is perfect.

Jason Zeidan
RE: favorite controller - Aug 01, 2005 17:43
I don' t know!! I might have a point.... it makes sense in a way. And what the hell does ROFLMAO stand for?? I' m new with this ' saving space lingo' .
Sony' s an imitator."

Joe Redifer
RE: favorite controller - Aug 01, 2005 19:34
Rolling On Floor Laughing My Ass Off

cpsethgt
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 34595
. - Aug 01, 2005 20:42
<message edited by cpsethgt on Apr 30, 2012 05:36>

Jason Zeidan
RE: favorite controller - Aug 01, 2005 21:23
Oh. Fun..
Sony' s an imitator."

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: favorite controller - Aug 02, 2005 13:36
Gamecube controller for me, although I agree the z button sucks. After that it' s probably the PS2 controller. I like all the shoulder buttons, a game like SSX tricky is better on the PS2 simply because of that fact.(over the gamecube version I' m saying)

daytonadav
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: favorite controller - Aug 03, 2005 18:41
the original S controller on Xbox.

Jason Zeidan
RE: favorite controller - Aug 03, 2005 21:24
Wait... Do you like the Original Xbox controller, or the controller S? Mmm.

And yeah, I do agree that the Z-button sucks on the GC. But it' s a whole lot better than those FOUR shoulder buttons on the PS2! It' s just so nightmarishly confusing to input a command with R1, 2 and L1 and 2.
Sony' s an imitator."

L.Kennedy
  • Total Posts : 28
RE: favorite controller - Aug 04, 2005 01:20
I like the Playstation controllers the best,Gamecube controller gives me carpel tunnel syn heh ,the uglyest controller(s) certainly go to Xbox lol, the first one would make quite a good weapon tho.

videogamesruleme
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: favorite controller - Aug 14, 2005 06:01
I just wanted to write and say that all of you live very interesting lives, and must have super hot g/f' s. Dont any of you think its kinda sad that your sitting and sending messages about fav. game controllers? Thats like holding a conversation on the biggest peice of lint youve ever pulled out of your pocket, and I know damn well everyone in this forum got picked on in school.
< Message edited by videogamesruleme -- 14 Aug 05 14:04:16 >

Rampage99
RE: favorite controller - Aug 14, 2005 08:39
Muhahahaha. " Videogamesruleme" you are a dumbass. You just posted in a videogame forum which already proves you are a nerd. To pick on people in an internet forum and making fun of them for not having girlfriends and such makes you even more of a nerd. Trying to act like you are better than us puts the icing on the cake. You probably more of a nerd than any of us here. You' ll probably come up with a comeback like- " Yeah right, I play sports all the time and sleep with a different chick every night. I' m sexay!" Then you' ll never post a pic of yourself to prove it.

Go look in the picture thread in the Everything Else section. Find my picture. As you' ll be able to tell I' m good looking(that' s what the ladies tell me), and athletic. I run daily and lift wieghts daily. I play sports regularly ranging from water sports, to basketball, to 5k races. I' ll post pics of myself doing all these activities if you need proof.

Picking on people at game forums and stereotypng gamers these days is just retarted. I have no problem admitting I' m a nerd and I love games an I am interested in hearing what type of controllers/consoles/games people are interested in. That doesn' t mean I don' t have a life outside of my computer and consoles. That goes the same for everybody else here. They have lives. You' re the only one I question since you decide to take time out of your day to make fun of people on an internet board.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 14 Aug 05 16:41:27 >

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: favorite controller - Aug 15, 2005 01:12
Whoever told you you were good looking was lieing.

Rampage99
RE: favorite controller - Aug 15, 2005 05:38

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Okay... thanks for that tidbit.

Terry Bogard
RE: favorite controller - Aug 15, 2005 10:34

Actually Rampage is a pretty good looking fella. And yes, a totally hetero male CAN say that about another dude and not have there be some hidden meaning and whatnot.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Aug 05 18:36:06 >

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 46