Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference - May 16, 2005 20:18
Can anyone actually watch this? Microsoft sucks so much at the internet that it keeps needing to rebuffer and stop and restart. I get about 1 frame every 5 or 10 seconds on my Windows PC. I' ve seen Apple streams from their expo that I' m sure had more people connected than this and it didn' t drop once.

Of course, Mac users aren' t allowed to watch the video stream, even though all of the Xbox360 games are currently running on Macs and not the 360 itself.

I wish they would have streamed it through Quicktime, as Quicktime is way better than Windows Media Player in every way possible (this is FACT, not opinion, by the way).

Once again, Microsoft is a low quality company. I don' t know why you poeple support their OS so much.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference - May 16, 2005 20:30

I get about 1 frame every 5 or 10 seconds on my Windows PC.

Actually I believe your PC ran the frames correctly cause I heard that after Sony unveiled the specs of the PS3 and showcased some of its games, Microsoft' s gathering were in such tremendous shock that they started moving around at the equivalent of 1 frame every 5-10 seconds...;)
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference - May 16, 2005 20:33
I ran it from gametrailers.com it worked fine form there. Altho 16 minutes in i was reminded of what I ate for dinner so in a panicked rush I hit the stop button realizing that I cant go back to where I left off...
< Message edited by Mass X -- 17 May 05 4:35:34 >

gmasterluis
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference - May 16, 2005 20:48
This is unforgivable and disgusting. Microsoft should have just let Gamespot stream it instead of being fucking idiots and trying to do it themselves. Their update servers only run at about 20kb/s, and with the hundreds of thousands of gamers all trying to watch this one press conference right now, you can' t tell me that their upload speed (your download speed) isnt gonna drop to 4kb/s or less.

They' ve always had slow servers, and they' ve always been idiots. I planned on buying an Xbox 360 (after the Revolution, most definitely) but since they couldn' t even get an internet connection capable of handling something they were attempting to distribute to millions at once, they' ve lost their credibility with me about the Xbox 360.

Just for the record, though, I' m not getting a PS3. I' ll wait for it to drop in price, or be so late in its lifetime that it won' t really help Sony to sell it.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference - May 16, 2005 22:55
Speaking of streaming video, has Nintendo had their press conference yet? If not, when will it be? Will it be streamed? Anybody have a URL? Will Reggie read us his list of the names he has taken?

evangelion
  • Total Posts : 91
RE: Microsoft LIVE streaming E3 Press Conference - May 17, 2005 00:13
the nintendo conference is wednesday i think? day after MS and Sony...

i' m in the uk so i' m confused as to what day it is over there at the moment...

i' m assuming the conf will be going on at about 1am time here?!