REvolution Ship date.

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
  • Reward points : 0
REvolution Ship date. - May 10, 2005 18:23
[link=]Revolution to ship mid 2006[/link]

This is a bit of an interesting read. Interesting though that it says mid 2006 and PS3 in early 2006. Last I knew they were both scheduled for late 2006. I' ll have to get out of my cave more often. I have to say this is bad news though. Nintendo said that no matter what they weren' t going to be last out of the gate this time, and it appears very much that they will be. Unless Developers are hiding their dev kits better than a nasty family secret like having cousins for parents, theres no way they' ll have launch games ready any earlier than mid 2006. Mayb Nintendo is planning on launching only with 1st party titles. Oh well, I guess I' ll just jump straight into fantasy world, and hope that the big N will launch in sprin 06 along PS3 with Mario 128 as a launch title, and the top secret Final Fantasy Tactics 2 developed by the original team as well.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 10, 2005 19:40
I don' t remember but how big was the gap between the GameCube' s launch and the Xbox?

At the very least they should have beaten the PS3 to the market with the Revolution. By coming in last they may be setting themselves up for a continuation of their current-gen console woes.
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

mxpx182
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 10, 2005 19:45
It was only 2 or 3 weeks between cube and x-box, and I don' t remember which was first. I agree though, Nintendo cannot let this happen if they want to compete in the North American Market.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 10, 2005 19:54
Xbox was first and it launched on a Thursday or Friday (in the US). The Gamecube launched on a Saturday or Sunday (that' s right, only a few days later). I remember this because I was in line with my friend to pick up his launch day Gamecube and we were looking at the Xbox for the first time (running Halo) and I thought it was pretty decent graphically.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 10, 2005 19:56
Wow only 2 - 3 weeks?? And the Xbox360 is gonna have at least a 6 month lead on the Revolution? YIKES Nintendo, all I can say is YIKES!

The Xbox has already established Microsoft as a player in the game so there' s no doubt that the Revolution is gonna come in a distant 3rd right out of the gates. Nintendo' s gonna need to pull out all the stops in hopes of closing that gap, but sadly with the way things are going I can' t really see that happening. I' m in their cheering section though, just hope I don' t wind up being the only one there, lol..
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

dismiss
  • Total Posts : 90
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 03:54
They need something really, really, big at launch, that' s all I can say. Nothing short of a Mario 128/256 or a photorealistic Zelda will suffice. Furthermore, they have to offer something to tempt older/mainstream gamers. I think it' s time for a completely new franchise with western audiences in mind. Eternal Darkness was a nice start, it' s a shame that Silicon Knights weren' t allowed to build on this fantastic game.
Artistic merit is more important than technical excellence

mxpx182
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 07:21

Eternal Darkness was a nice start, it' s a shame that Silicon Knights weren' t allowed to build on this fantastic game.

It was more than a nice start, it was a fantastic start. I' m still holding out hope there' s a sequel in developement. Silicon Knights didn' t say they wouldn' t make games for Nintendo any more, just that they wouldn' t make games exclusivley for Nintendo. So even if it' s multi-platform I can' t imagine it not happening, the game was just too well loved by all who had it.

Gossi_the_dog
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 10:40
Silicon Knights are now making games for Sega.

Anyhow I would have hoped for the Revolution to come to market slightly earlier. As a number of you have mentioned it will need a strong 1st party lineup. Proper sequels to Super Mario World and Super Mario 64 would be a nice start :)

mxpx182
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 10:56
Well Sega did a great job with f-zero, so I' ve got a lot of faith in them working with Nintendo.

Joe Redifer
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 14:10
Nobody could have made F-Zero better than Sega did!

Gossi_the_dog
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 15:51
I prefer F-Zero X to GX

Joe Redifer
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 12, 2005 16:43
GX too hard for you?

mxpx182
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 13, 2005 07:40
ahhh, a gentle nudge to thegaming ego, nothing more satisfying.

mxpx182
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 13, 2005 08:21

and the top secret Final Fantasy Tactics 2 developed by the original team as well.

HAHAHAHHAHA My rumor is spreading!!! Soon the developers will bow to my influence and make the full announcement!!!

oh yeah, the link

Mwuhahahahahaha!!!!

dismiss
  • Total Posts : 90
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 16, 2005 02:07

ORIGINAL: mxpx182

It was more than a nice start, it was a fantastic start. I' m still holding out hope there' s a sequel in developement. Silicon Knights didn' t say they wouldn' t make games for Nintendo any more, just that they wouldn' t make games exclusivley for Nintendo. So even if it' s multi-platform I can' t imagine it not happening, the game was just too well loved by all who had it.

I don' t know, assigning one of your top western teams to a port of a ps1 hit, while they had their own blossoming franchise to work on seems like a huge mistake to me. I mean, wasn' t there another team available that could take over the Twin Snakes project?
Artistic merit is more important than technical excellence

mxpx182
RE: REvolution Ship date. - May 16, 2005 07:26
I' m not talking about MGS twin snakes, I' m talking about Eternal Darkness.