WTH?!! Why does this happen?

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
  • Reward points : 0
WTH?!! Why does this happen? - Nov 23, 2003 03:53
When I' m browsing the main page and I click on a link to an article, I get an advertisement pop-up, but instead of staying a pop-up, it merges with my current and becomes one. After that I have no access to any of my buttons in the toolbar and have to close the window.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: WTH?!! Why does this happen? - Nov 24, 2003 00:39
I haven' t had that happen but that pop up that is on the screen does get annoying.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Spacepiston
  • Total Posts : 164
  • Reward points : 46595
RE: WTH?!! Why does this happen? - Nov 26, 2003 22:09
yea it was some strange advertising thing that became the explorer tool bar buttons and stuff. You could " opt out" permanently I believe. I did, it was annoying, it actually hinders your ability to browse the site.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: WTH?!! Why does this happen? - Nov 26, 2003 23:26
Oh, THAT one. Yeah, it got a little annoying. I put up with it for about a week and then opted out permanently.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "