I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
  • Reward points : 0
I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 02, 2005 17:56
The game has finally been realeased, and quite frankly all I could mutter during my first two hours of gameplay was " wow" . After that attempted the new co-op feature with my best friend and I simply went speechless and drool began to drip steadily from my mouth.

Now the majority of people here know I' m a huge SC fan, but this game has taken it to a new level. This imo is the definative game of this generation. I never dreamed these graphics would be possible on a current gen system. I never thought a game would take such advantage the the 5.1 surround sound feature. I never dreamed it would be possible that there would be a game that would quite literally make me laugh when when someone said Halo 2 or Half-Life 2 were the greatest games of all time.

Simply put, MC and Gordon just got severly pwned in the face. Doom3' s graphics were just spit on, and every other game as a whole looks outdated.This game has vrought me to gaming nirvana. I have been playing it on a HD projector giving me a good 9 foot screen at a crystal clear resolution. On top off that I have my Spherex 5.1 system hooked up as well. It is total sensory overload.

I can' t stop thinking about this game. It is so perfectly crafted that I feel the urge to crap myself while typing this. Every level in the single player has been the greatest level I have ever seen. Then after finishing each one it is beaten by the next level. Sam' s new moves and updated gadgets just take it to a whole new level and open up the gameplay like never before. Then the co-op and versus modes are there too and just make this game almost too much to handle. It' s like three perfect games in one.

I won' t go too in depth here because I have alreaddy started a review for the website so I' ll put more into that. I' ll just leave you now with my initial thought- Wow.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

GodOfWar
  • Total Posts : 49
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 02, 2005 19:21
yea i played it at my freinds house . It was cool ... hmm yea just cool i liked the graph' s but the people looked like plastic
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/buchan/gowunionsigbypeo00.jpg[/img]

Rampage99
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 02, 2005 21:01
That' s probably because they were wet and had the different mapping applied giving it that reflective look. They don' t look like plastic when they are dry.

It is much more than cool, btw. Far more than cool as pretty much the entire reviewing world would agree, along with everyone I know that has played it.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

GodOfWar
  • Total Posts : 49
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 02, 2005 21:26
no it was overall they had this crystal look that i thought wasent coo .
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/buchan/gowunionsigbypeo00.jpg[/img]

Rampage99
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 03, 2005 08:07
No...

jars
  • Total Posts : 148
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 03, 2005 08:18
Well then if they look like photorealistic toys running around in a photorealistic world then i' m still gonna get this game, darn it! :))

Fragus_Maximus
  • Total Posts : 156
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 03, 2005 13:17

:))

Ure smiley has a double chin LOL (oh sorry...off topic)
Tyler " Frag Master" Bealmear

jars
  • Total Posts : 148
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 05, 2005 23:27

Ure smiley has a double chin LOL (oh sorry...off topic)

no that means " i am like sooo smiling!" haha. Actually it' s supposed to be the laughing smiley, it works in Yahoo Messenger.. anyway...

Fragus_Maximus
  • Total Posts : 156
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 06, 2005 16:38
oh k, didnt know that my bad
Tyler " Frag Master" Bealmear

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 07, 2005 14:45
Got this for my PC and I love it. It plays well but it' s not just the great graphics. Its little things like the way Sam’s feet actually sick to the ground, how he walks, now he skulks about in the shadow and how you can throw people from the top of cliffs all the way to their doom.

I accidentally saved the game while being spotted though, screwing up my ranking and chances of surviving in the second level. I’ll probably have to start the level over again.

Rampage99
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 08, 2005 22:26
Beat it and am working on a review. Adam, anyone already claim this review yet?

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 10, 2005 16:51
i never like Sam fisher from the word, ' Splinter' . its just not my cup of tea. But Mgs, that is a game i love. pity i havent played 3 yet! i really want that!
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Rampage99
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 10, 2005 17:00
SC imo is far superior to MGS. I can' t get enough of The series. I love MGS too but I don' t even consider MGS a stealth title. It has stealth elements but it is much more of a shooter and relies on cinematics to convey the story. SC on the other hand is hard core stealth though the newest one is a bit more open to shooter fans. Still, it is a stealth title and offers more of the story and climactic events through gameplay where you actually have control while all the cool stuff is happening.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 10, 2005 18:38
Well then wrap up the review in the next 15 minutes! I wanna read!

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 10, 2005 21:13
I rented this game four days ago and have yet to play it.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 11, 2005 10:48
Sounds like me, lol.. I rented a game once and didn' t play it until 5 minutes before I had to leave and return the stuff to Blockbuster!

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Apr 11, 2005 15:46
My friend kept pushing and pushing me to rent it. Luckily it was a free rental so it' s not as if I got screwed. But after playing WoW for so long the stealth genre just doesn' t interest me at the moment.

kombatfighter
  • Total Posts : 428
RE: I have found the greatest drug of all... I call it Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - May 15, 2005 06:35
Did you know?

It defeats the purpose but it' s really challenging! Yes, that' s right folks. You can beat Co-op mode by yourself!! My recommendations are 2 of the new xbox controllers (small ones). 1 liter of coke, 3 bags of popcorn and 2-3 days of dedication off and on. You must have a complete undivided patience to complete the objectives and a lot of saves. Save saave saaavee!! It' s actually really fun and you can get 100% easily on each stage. Word of advice, refrain from using a gun, knife only unless you need to take out a light. Have fun ppl. If I can do it, so can you!