GBA2 this year? *groan*

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
GBA2 this year? *groan* - Mar 04, 2005 09:58
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200503/004.asp

QUICK, someone send the memo to Nintendo of how Sega screwed themselves by oversaturating the market with too much hardware within a short time span of each other!!

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
RE: GBA2 this year? *groan* - Mar 04, 2005 10:22
DEJA VU?

I' m starting to think Nintendo will go the way of Sega soon...

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: GBA2 this year? *groan* - Mar 04, 2005 12:46
I read an interesting bit about this, and I don' t think it' ll happen. No matter how hard Nintendo wants to cling to this whole 3 pillar thing, they have to see that the DS is pretty much the new GB right now. The things backwards compatible with it! Some of the specs on this new GB list it as being as powerful or more than the PSP. And with a price point of a 100 bucks, they' d simply kill the DS and piss off a bunch of loyal fans. I don' t doubt they' ll release it soon, but my bet' s a summer or fall launch of 06.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: GBA2 this year? *groan* - Mar 04, 2005 13:36
My main point throughout the whole ordeal is that with a new more powerful successor to the Gameboy Advance looming over the horizon Nintendo should have NEVER released the DS...

Whether they like it or not the DS cannibalized alot of the GBA sales in Japan and in turn the PSP ate away at DS sales, so that' s like a double ouch!! They' ve got a lead with the GBA that the PSP won' t be able to catch up to anytime soon, I have no bloody idea why they just didn' t ride the GBA out until unleashing its successor next year..

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: GBA2 this year? *groan* - Mar 04, 2005 13:55
I agree with you largely Terry. This whole 3 pillars things sounds stupid. They whould have went with a 2 legs policy instead. They are going to compete with themselves, and that' s never good. Maybe Nintendo just figures people have a tonne more money to throw around than we think. My most sincere hope is that this report is false and that the next GBA hit' s at the earliest x-mas 2006, and rather 2007. But again as I said before, I still think we' ll see it summer 2006. ahhhhh E3 why won' t you just hurry up and get here and clear this all up.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: GBA2 this year? *groan* - Mar 04, 2005 15:12
i sometimes think nintendo just follow in the footsteps of other companys success now, like the psp, they used to be more ' orginall' takeing new ideas and bringing them to a uncertain market,..but now, what shall we play? mario baseball or Marie party 6? or even pokemon red,blue,green,yellow,gold,silver,elrlad,clossium [1+2] and some others [and the two new ones to add to that list]. Oh nintendo, where did it all go wrong?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!