Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 12:18
Outwalk

Developer: Sega-AM2
Publisher: SEGA
Players: 1 - 2

This would be the prequel to Outrun! This game would chronicle the life of Outrun' s driver before he got his hands on the Ferrari.. You can have the Outrun guy walking cross country and needs to reach check points before the time runs out. Roadways would split in two in normal Outrun fashion and some paths taken would be more dangerous than others. He can make occasional pit stops at gas stations and diners along the way to use their restrooms and recharge his batteries before taking to the road again. In one of the diners he' ll meet a blonde waitress that would later end up in the Ferrari with him in the sequel, Outrun.. The game would take hours to complete because the final Check Point is about several miles away and of course walking is MUCH slower than driving ;)

Cross country Jaywalking across the entire USA! Hell yeah!!

**Most Useless thread of the week quota fulfilled**

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46250
OutRun Prequel: First Review! - Feb 07, 2005 13:13
World exclusive first review! - OutWalk

Graphics - 8/10 (similar to OR2 engine souped up on Xenon)
Sound - 5/10 (shit voice acting, boo!)
Presentation - 9/10 (there' s a Sega logo on the box)
Gameplay - 6/10 (there' s a Sega logo on the box) j/k

OVERALL - 10/10 - (there' s a Sega logo on the box) n/j/k -- you get to meet all the OutRun girls and impress them before they became too shallow to care about 360 Spiders.

Terry Bogard
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 13:25
LOL!!!

It would be hilarious if some other site visited here and RAN with it, reporting it as a news story of some sort or as a legitimate rumor!! Hasn' t stuff like that ever happened before?

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
  • Reward points : 0
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 13:58
I really enjoyed the solid mechanics of this game. I thought that the career mode was interesting as you worked yourself up from second hand garage sale shoes all the way to a sweet pair of Nike' s. One gripe I did have with it though was the " on rails" gameplay. I would have like more freedom to be able to walk wherever I liked rather than always along the sidewalk. I' m hoping that in the upcoming sequel " Outjog" they will adress this issue.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 15:36
do you what would be a great ending, a real twist, if you got run over at the end of the game just before the finshing line...

dont cry.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Adam Doree
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 16:59
Tragically, totalvideogames.com has been known to fall for spoof articles and emails " tip offs" and run them as fact. Which never seemed to surprise me personally... ;-)

Enjoyed reading about the upcoming " OutJog" sequel, mxpx!

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 17:50
I have always been curious about the deep and complex backstory behind Out Run. As engaging as the characters are in Out Run and Out Run 2, I just want to know more about them and how the struggles and hardships in their lives led them to racing in the red Ferarri. Out Walk and Out Jog really help fill in the stories, but it still just isn' t complete. Fortunately the just-announced 3rd prequel called " Out Sprint" promises to fill in that gap and make you feel at one with the unique personalities of the Out Run universe.

Hopefully soon they will make an Out Run movie.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 8 Feb 05 1:51:37 >

Terry Bogard
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 18:27
Lol, kickass ideas here!

Would it matter whether the game ran, err walked at 30 fps or 60 fps seeing how the Outrun guy is just walking??

As for music I guess there' s be an onscreen discman or walkman interface allowing us to choose 1 of three songs (Magical Sound Shower, Passing Breeze, Splash Wave)..

residentevil327
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 18:54
thats cool

Adam Doree
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 20:44
It HAS to be 60fps!
It' ll be like Shenmue in California.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 07, 2005 20:51
No it won' t because Shenmue is only 30fps. It' ll be like Shenmue is Super-fluid Adventure Land in California.

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 08, 2005 06:14

Would it matter whether the game ran, err walked at 30 fps or 60 fps seeing how the Outrun guy is just walking??

Ahhh, now that made me laugh. nothing like some good tongue in cheek humor. I' m not too sure though, overall the game just sounds a little too pedestrian for me.

http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/pedestrian+%28not+interesting%29

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 14, 2005 04:59
Well, after OutSprint should be a title called either " OutRider" or " OutCycler" - a bicycling game.

Maybe it can be like the others, but add a little bit of the ' Paperboy' and ' Road Rash' games scenarios for some added excitement.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 14 Feb 05 12:59:25 >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 14, 2005 05:22
No no no noooo it' s OutSk8r (Spelt like that cuz they are ' hip' with the young crowd Yo!) I think they are in talks with Tony Hawk and the guys over at Neversoft but thats mostly rumor.

O god remember that knockoff adult version that somehow managed to become a cult classic ' OutF---' I' m not gonna even go into the details and mechanics behind that game.
[:' (]

...Ya so what if I got it...it' s a hard to find collector' s item these days!

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: The prequel to Outrun! - Feb 14, 2005 08:28
Well, that later version wouldn' t really look all that impressive without the current, or future, hardware. With that in mind, it would be better to keep that as a future, rather than a past title...or incorporate it into a soon-to-be-released title...
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.