Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What are your online interests?
What are your online interests? - Sep 08, 2003 23:15
Hi,
I' m David South. My reason for being online is...

1. PS3 stuff. (Including all parts of corporate & semicoductor technology)
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Gran Turismo

I own a SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, and Xbox.
I' ve played Neo-Geo, TurboGraphics 16 & portable, All Sega (nomad etc), All Nintendo (GB etc).
I may be buying a Gamecube when MGS: Twin Snakes is released.

My Bias is towards companies, not consoles. But I do enjoy my PS2 a lot.
Basically I like technology and love learning what people have to share.
< Message edited by David_South -- 10/4/2003 9:05:32 PM >
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: What are your online interests? - Sep 17, 2003 03:27
You ask about online interests...but list your favorite video games and what consoles you own? heh..confusing.

Well my online interests are:

www.overclockers.com
Ahh I luv my 1.2gig overclock..and my watercooling...and my eluminx keyboard.

www.ebay.com
The online market place.

www.creditorscollectors.com
A shameless plug for my mom' s business. Yea crappy web design thanks..

www.kazaalite.tk
Long Live P2P! Yea Funimation can thank P2P for that Box set of Blue Gender I have pre-ordered. Amazing how even though i could download them all I still plan on buying it..not to mention that I would never have ordered it if I hadnt downloaded some episodes to get me hooked.

I can appreciate the RIAA' s greedy scare tactics. They have droppped the average 24/7 users online from about 6 million to 4 million. But with Kazaalite we have auto-updated IP blocking, no ability to check all files being shared by a particular user, the same username as hunders of thousands of other klite users...participation hack which puts you at 1000 no matter what...hmm..no ads..no spy ware..the list goes on and on. Its peace of mind. Anyway...I hardly ever use Kazaalite for " illegal downloading" Its my personal radio and thats it. My fiance works in the music industry, and I used to. If you do your homework you will see that the 30% decrease in music sales is not just because of P2P..as a matter of face non-p2p' ers arent buying the music either..and I hate to break it to you but file sharing has not effected the fact that I wont pay 15 bucks for a CD.. I guess thats why Universal is lowering the prices on all of their CDs to about 10-12 bucks. In the end the greed of the RIAA who are the ones who profit of record sales (not the artists who make their bread n butter in the live shows) will end up alienating millions of people who use P2P to help them discover new music, and then go out and buy it. Thats my opinion..bitch.

www.billorielly.com
Because fair and balanced news can be found on Fox News..and Bill is great. The spin stops here. And it does!

www.desertcombat.com
Battlefield 1942..but better. Well the same game..but a mod ..which is better!

www.dslreports.com
Because the site is nice, and under tools you can use the speed-test which is very accurate when you need to see numbers up and down.
RE: What are your online interests? - Oct 04, 2003 21:13
Good stuff all. Bill isn' t my favorite :P But I still listen. (He has improved.)

Well to you they are games and consoles.
To me there are my motivation to search around the web.
Otherwise I would stick to my same old sites and never have found this place. ;)

But really it' s just an introduction. A little about me for you.

By the way.
It' s because of my good impression from you that I am now trying my first P2P.
I have had concerns over the legitemacy of it. But recently I tried bit torrent.
GTO (my first series) and other foreign entertainment (Naruto) are really enjoyable.
Also they are fan subbed and recorded from public broadcast so I don' t feel too guilty. (Thank God.)

The internet is pretty cool. I look forward to learning & enjoying more thanks to it.
< Message edited by David_South -- 10/4/2003 9:14:40 PM >
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: What are your online interests? - Oct 07, 2003 20:05
In Recent News:

Universal decides NOT to drop their prices! Apparently the media giant was expecting the rest of the industry to follow their lead in lowering prices, which just did not happen.

Other major media companies were taking a " wait and see" approach to the lower prices. But its hard to " wait and see" when Universal gets cold feet before even attempting a price drop.

In the end it boils down to greed, and the upcoming holiday season. Why lower prices right before your biggest sales quarter? Perhaps we will see lower prices in the spring when sales are slumping again.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: What are your online interests? - Oct 08, 2003 21:28

The internet is pretty cool. I look forward to learning & enjoying more thanks to it.

Well, the only way to learn more is to post more.
JRock79

• Total Posts : 20
RE: What are your online interests? - Oct 31, 2003 15:57
Here are my reasons.

www.macrossworld.com

This is the site for fans of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross and all of its sequels. Everything Macross related is in this site. If you watched Robotech as a kid, and have an open mind, you' ll find the differences between the two and the neverending struggle to get more Macross goods legally released in the West

www.animeondvd.com

The name says it all. Reviews of just about every Asian animated feature released on DVD. Not to mention they post discounts from retailers

www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

This is a site that discusses Mainly Asian cinema. The site hasn' t been updated in ages, but the forums are very entertaining.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll