::FATHOMS:: The Poll

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 43
Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:00
A valued asset to Kikizo or a deadly plague?

The Counter -randomly updated-
Asset: 3 (Fathoms, RavenShadow, Daroosh65, ...)
Plague: 6 (Lotusson, Rampage99, Don Killuminati, PresAgent, Anonymous**, Skurf, ...)

Highstake Bets so far: None

--In an attempt to keep this poll fair I will review posts from accused members. If sufficient evdience stacks up against them then I will have to debunk voters from list. That will go for both sides of the argument.

In a side note, if you can' t tell, I' m having a lil fun with this. Feeling a little bit professional ya know?

*reviewed and cleared
**in review

On the Don' s behalf, a battle between Don and Fathoms was clean until Fathoms popped in with " Any particular reason you have to respond like a whiny bitch?" Since that was the first harsh remark stated in the argument, Don stays. However, I am a bit suspicious about somthing.

It seems Ive received an Anonymous vote. I do know who the person is from the PM they sent and I am still debating on if I should keep it or not. But for fairness on the voters part I will include everyone...deja vu
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/21/2004 1:53:47 AM >

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:04

It' s nice to see my words can drive people to take action.

So if I may ask Mass X, what side do you stand on?

Heck, I don' t even remember seeing you in the thread where this all got started.

lotusson
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:06
< Message edited by lotusson -- 12/20/2004 4:07:20 AM >

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:08
Ah, it' s about time.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:11
Plague, nearly every thread in the gaming thread he enters turns into a system war. He' s the only one here bashing systems, and he has admitted in several threads he bashes the Xbox because nobody talks bad about it. How is that a good reason?Why not just leave it at that nobody system bashes. Apparently he wants to flame. He' s a fanboy plain and simple.

Whatever. I' ll be playing my PS2, GC, and Xbox if you need me.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:13

Substitute GBA and PC for the GC, and so will I.

Of course, your words are actually truth, and mine aren' t.

Oh yeah, and check out my thread on the 2004 GoY awards. Four of my top five of this year are on Xbox. Heh...let' s see your list.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 12/20/2004 4:14:12 AM >
Kikizo Staff Writer

lotusson
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:15

Final Challenge: I' m a plague? Take the poll. I know a LOT of forumites in here, and don' t even think I' d offer if I wasn' t supremely confident. You' re gonna have about 3, maybe 4, in your camp. You' re gonna get ass-fu**** about 25-4. Give it a shot, though. You seem to think I' m the problem. Here' s your chance to prove it.

So lets see if we get um.... a** f***** 25-4.

You know what' s the perfect way to place this question into context?

Well, if you had to ask........

< Message edited by lotusson -- 12/20/2004 4:15:47 AM >

RavenShadow
  • Total Posts : 680
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:21
Well I haven' t really had any negative encounters with anyone (either " side" I guess is what is going around now)
Fathoms has provided help and info for me on various occassions and I have had nothing but friendly chat from all parties involved.
To choose between the two, I do not think he is a plague, so the other one is my choice
I do not wish to be considered as anything other than one who is making a choice solely on what I have encountered.

Personally, I just think everyone maybe needs to chill a bit

Rampage99
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:23

ORIGINAL: fathoms

Substitute GBA and PC for the GC, and so will I.

Of course, your words are actually truth, and mine aren' t.

Oh yeah, and check out my thread on the 2004 GoY awards. Four of my top five of this year are on Xbox. Heh...let' s see your list.

Wow sure prooved you were unbiased with that statement.

My list-

Halo2
Half-Life2
GTA:SA
NFSU:2
PoP:WW

So... only one game I listed was exclusive to the Xbox. One exclusive to PS2, one to the PC and the others were cross platform. Hmm... I' m one biased son of a b*tch. If you say my list doesn' t mean crap and I' m still biased, then your four out of five doesn' t mean crap either.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Don Killuminati
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:26
Plague

lotusson
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:28
And if you guys want a quick taste of the trouble fathoms has caused over the months.

and of course

I didn’t bother looking for any other members fathom has danced with since it’s easier to look for my post than to search randomly.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 12/20/2004 4:30:38 AM >

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:29
Rampage: You keep accusing me of being a PS2 fanboy. I post lists like in that thread, and then feel the need to defend yourself rather than just ADMIT that you' re wrong. Why is that?
Kikizo Staff Writer

PresAgent
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:29
Plague. And here I was, thinking kikizo was free of loser fanboys, how sad indeed.

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:31
lotusson: You are in ALL of those. YOU are as bad off as ME.

Is there any LOGICAL reason as to why you think you' re completely innocent? Look at those threads! They' re more incriminating for you! What' s WRONG with you?

Btw, #1 there ended quite well. Do you have a problem with that too?
Kikizo Staff Writer

Rampage99
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:32

Rampage: You keep accusing me of being a PS2 fanboy. I post lists like in that thread, and then feel the need to defend yourself rather than just ADMIT that you' re wrong. Why is that?

You asked me for my list, I gave it. Are you saying you don' t want me to listen to you now? Okay.

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:33
Oh yeah, and fools who have only flaming posts against me, BROUGHT HERE to flame me and NEVER contributing anything else, DON' T COUNT. They' re not even members. You want to start that, getting a bunch of people to sign up and vote won' t be hard.

Don and PresAgent don' t count, unless you can find more than one post by them in these forums that wasn' t for the sole purpose of flaming me.
Kikizo Staff Writer

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:34

You asked me for my list, I gave it. Are you saying you don' t want me to listen to you now? Okay.

I want you to admit your mistake. You keep up your accusations, and I just continue to prove them wrong. I want a response to that.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Rampage99
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:35
Oh, now you' re making rules on who counts and who doesn' t. These guys have been around and have posted on things other than you. You just seem to always get in the way and that' s why they get pissed.

lotusson
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:36

lotusson: You are in ALL of those. YOU are as bad off as ME.

Is there any LOGICAL reason as to why you think you' re completely innocent? Look at those threads! They' re more incriminating for you! What' s WRONG with you?

Btw, #1 there ended quite well. Do you have a problem with that too?

Yes, all those threads are me vs you (guess that would be logical since that was what I was searching for.........)

But look at the question at hand.

::FATHOMS:: The Poll

Note how the thread IS NOT entitled

::LOTUSSON:: The Poll

Because -- oh my gosh -- could it be no one at Kikizo has a major problem with me unlike you?

In fact...... give me a second.

PresAgent

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:41
PresAgent: Wow...six? Seven? Great.

That makes you a veteran, all right. You have a clue.
Kikizo Staff Writer

PresAgent
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:44

PresAgent: Wow...six? Seven? Great.

That makes you a veteran, all right. You have a clue.

Wow, that alone makes you sound like a complete moron. Are you one of those people who think post count is the only measure of someone' s worth? I guess that means you' ve never heard of the term " lurking" before. Not that it matters, because you' ll come up with some crappy comeback and act like you' re right. Amazing...so predictable, yet so ignorant.

EDIT:

Don and PresAgent don' t count, unless you can find more than one post by them in these forums that wasn' t for the sole purpose of flaming me.

See, the funny thing is, I could have simply used one of those links to prove you wrong. You just said yourself I posted 6 or 7 links/threads I have posted in and contributed to the forums. But, by the looks of this quote above, I clearly count, because that is far more than just one post. Damn, you really are a fool.
< Message edited by PresAgent -- 12/20/2004 4:47:12 AM >

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:49
PresAgent: You know what' s REALLY funny? For all the reasons you THINK you dislike me, none of them are actually true. You think I' m a fanboy, but ignore my favorite games of this generation (about half are on Xbox or PC). Anything else you' d like to offer?
Kikizo Staff Writer

Rampage99
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:51
...you' re a biased sony fanboy.

I took care of it for you Pres.

PresAgent
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:52

PresAgent: You know what' s REALLY funny? For all the reasons you THINK you dislike me, none of them are actually true. You think I' m a fanboy, but ignore my favorite games of this generation (about half are on Xbox or PC). Anything else you' d like to offer?

Holy crap, you really are dense. Do you really think the reasons for you NOT being a fanboy are accurate? You like systems on Xbox and PC, good for you. However, that doesn' t prove a thing. The fact of the matter is, you repeatedly bash the Xbox, yet never the Playstation 2. Even more, you defend the Playstation 2 anytime somebody else says something bad about it, yet you don' t do the same thing for the Xbox or any other system. So what it boils down to is, you defend and praise the Playstation 2 at any chance you get, but when given the opportunity (or not, as is obvious in the GT4 Delayed! thread), you bash the Xbox. Game, set, and match. You' re through.

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:52
Rampage: Good. Explain that now. You know, based on my favorite games of this year and this generation.

' pssst' Ignore this too. Otherwise, you' ll look like a fool.
Kikizo Staff Writer

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:53

The fact of the matter is, you repeatedly bash the Xbox, yet never the Playstation 2. Even more, you defend the Playstation 2 anytime somebody else says something bad about it,

Now, all you have to do is find the posts and threads (you can even use the GT4 one, if you want), that support that accusation.

Shouldn' t be too hard, right?
Kikizo Staff Writer

Mass X
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 04:57
Pres and Don have been counted due too a sufficient amount of non flaming posts and lesser hostile intent withing flaming posts, however I am still taking note of a strange accurance, that I' ll state at a later time.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/20/2004 4:58:20 AM >

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 05:00

however I am still taking note of a strange accurance, that I' ll state at a later time.

I think I already know what it is...
Kikizo Staff Writer

Rampage99
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 05:01

Rampage: Good. Explain that now. You know, based on my favorite games of this year and this generation.

' pssst' Ignore this too. Otherwise, you' ll look like a fool.

You' re track record is all anyone needs to look at in order to see you are a fanboy. ever since I first encountered you at GW you' ve been a fanboy. yet you always pull this crap about " oh look at the list of games I like" , " hey, I play all the systems" , and " I' m older and smarter" . Pssh... anyone that reads into your posts sees you are a fanboy. Not to mention has trouble maintaining a decent I.Q. I feel like I have to read the dictionary arfter I see you' re pitiful dribble.

PresAgent
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 05:12

Now, all you have to do is find the posts and threads (you can even use the GT4 one, if you want), that support that accusation.

Shouldn' t be too hard, right?

In a whole 2 minutes of searching (because I actually do have a life and things to take care of outside of the internet), I found this nice little thread in which you basically flame the Xbox for it' s Hard Drive and Memory Card, yet you praise the PS2' s memory card, not saying a single bad thing about it. Here ya go.

https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=2789&p=33&tmode=1&smode=1

Mass X
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 05:12
Do you think Adam is gonna spank us all for this?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 12/20/2004 5:12:52 AM >

lotusson
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 05:26
I hope so!

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 06:07

You' re track record is all anyone needs to look at in order to see you are a fanboy. ever since I first encountered you at GW you' ve been a fanboy. yet you always pull this crap about " oh look at the list of games I like" , " hey, I play all the systems" , and " I' m older and smarter" . Pssh... anyone that reads into your posts sees you are a fanboy. Not to mention has trouble maintaining a decent I.Q. I feel like I have to read the dictionary arfter I see you' re pitiful dribble.

Yeah, and your track record is a LOT better. You don' t spend any time praising the Xbox and defending, nah, you don' t do that. At least I don' t let personal feelings get in the way of my reviews. Your Xbox reviews are a freakin' joke. Could you over-inflate your scores any more?

And I will offer an easy guarantee: as ridiculous as the test is, as impractical and illogical as it is in comparison to modern-day society, as flawed as its been proven to be, your I.Q. wouldn' t touch mine.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 07:09
First of all I' d like to say that I have barely read any of the posts in this thread. But I will put in my 2 cents.

First of all, Fathoms is not an idiot. Sure, he doesn' t capitalize his membername and he writes it in the plural, but that means nothing. If it were written in 1337 speak, I' d have to count it against him. He can make positive contributions to threads and whatnot, and I don' t think that he jumps to conclusions about if a game is good or not.

However...
...Fathoms can be quite argumentive (or " argumentative" if you prefer to say it that way) whenever anyone disagrees with him for just about any reason. When in arguments he really likes to throw out personal insults on a fairly consistant basis, calling people idiots or children or whathaveyou. Resorting to such name-calling lessens the strength of his argument and overall just becomes annoying. When people read Fathoms' posts, the name-calling is what stands out and not Fathom' s point, and that' s why I think a lot of people take issue. Fathoms rarely refuses a chance to respond to any comment directed towards him, even if such a response would be counterproductive.

This is not to say that every other member here besides Fathoms is perfect and writes eloquent and loving posts. But this thread is about Fathoms so here you go.

Like I said before, Fathoms is a fairly smart guy and could be much more of an asset if he tried, I have no doubt. But being incredibly argumentive and tossing out the insults makes my opinion of him skew more towards the negative for now.

*Opinions subject to change*

As for Adam coming in and kicking everyone' s asses, I wouldn' t mind.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 12/20/2004 7:11:07 AM >

Don Killuminati
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 16:50
LMAO!!! The whole reason I don' t post much here is b/c of you. You are suppose to be representing this site...Yet your lack of neutrality to all games and consoles prevent you from being a reliable source to this site. Adam must keep you here to keep the forums lively, and amuzing. I love it how you can just came out and said that opinions from members of this site don' t count. That in itself explains how you are...
< Message edited by Don Killuminati -- 12/20/2004 6:45:36 PM >

fathoms
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 17:37
Joe: I' d agree. Now all you have to do is some research. If you HONESTLY believe that I' m the first one to begin the name-calling every time, think again. Check it out, if you will.
Kikizo Staff Writer

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 17:40
Do I even need to post where I stand?

In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

Mass X
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 20, 2004 17:44
For record purposes

See I' m proffesional with this discussion

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: ::FATHOMS:: The Poll - Dec 21, 2004 01:45
Sounds like fathoms is taking an unnecessary beating here...

Though I have only been a member since 17 August 2004, fathoms and I have come to respect each other for speaking from knowledge and experience. We are both veteran gamers who experienced videogaming pretty much from its inception.

Even when we were in somewhat intense discussions, we kept our the discussion both respectable and courteous. Even if we disagreed on a specific subject, we still honored each other' s beliefs and feelings.

I have watched fathoms in amazement as he caught other members in outright lies on subject matter that they clearly tried to pass off as legit.

To say fathoms is anything other than an asset to Kikizo (or any other website) would be an admittance that you know nothing about him...

I am proud to say that I know and respect fathoms!!!
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 43