RE4 not just for gamecube

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 01, 2004 16:17
Capcom announced today that Resident Evil 4 will be release near the end of 2005 for the PS2. The gamecube date is still set for Janurary for US and Japan with a later springtime release for Europe.

Still no capcom love for Xbox.[:' (]

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 02, 2004 03:38
Aww that' s not right... now it' s not just GC exclusive. Darn Oh well I still be picking this up! I love Resident Evil so much so much that if I were to become rich I would build and exact replica of the Mansion with all the traps and puzzles but nothing deadly though.

RavenShadow
  • Total Posts : 680
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 02, 2004 14:40
WA Hoo!
Sweet, I hated that it was only coming out for GC

Vincent Cook
  • Total Posts : 152
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 08, 2004 20:11
What? Sony are going to mess it up big time. Look at Resident Evil Outbreak. That was meant to be online in the Uk till sony decided it was a load of rubbish and noone bought it. Thanks for the false pretenses guys. Anyway sony are probably going to make a big change to it in which it will be worse.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 08, 2004 20:18
I' ll get it for my Gamecube thanks, it' ll probably look better.

Vincent Cook
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 08, 2004 20:23
I' ll do the same too. The gamecube has far superior graphics than the Ps2 (but not xbox) as it has an aTi Radeon card in it whereas sony just use a crummy toshiba one is it? I don' t know but one thing for certain is that I' m getting it for the cube!

Starman Anthony
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 08, 2004 20:52
Like I was saying I love Resident Evil so much, so much that if I were to become rich I would build and exact replica of the Mansion with all the traps and puzzles but nothing deadly though. Hehe just kidding. I am still worried about the option of not being able to turn off the widescreen format why with my little 13" TV it will be even smaller now... *Sigh*

IORI YAGAMI1211
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 08, 2004 22:47
that is so bad ass. i only have a PS2 and Gamecube so i would have got it regardless. but now that you said that it is coming out for the PS2 then it will be better (For me anyway). i just like the PS2 better for some reason.

Vincent Cook
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 09, 2004 05:26
Bad luck Starman. I have a 15' ' . Lol. I think Sony are trying too hard to be the best console, but...it isn' t working somehow. Gamecube has games designed for it for that console only if you know what I mean. It doesn' t really work if another console takes that idea (I hope you know what I am going on about). Anyway it' s going to be a brilliant game! Amen

ElectronicsJunkie
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 15, 2004 06:56
Is it just me or is the Gamecube simply faster than the PS2? I mean, load times are always quicker than a greased monkey down Everest, and there' s hardly any lagging, whereas PS2 load times are on par with a 1 gig game download running a 28.8k modem. If you get the chance, play Spyro Enter the Dragonfly (not my game) on both systems, or at least games of similar graphic intensity. Spyro for PS2 loads in just under a week, and the actual gameplay is horribly laggy. And yes, laggy is a word. Now.

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 16, 2004 02:47
It' s coming to Xbox as well.

Starman Anthony
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 16, 2004 04:41
Oh ElectronicsJunkie yeah the Gamecube reads faster because of the small disks. For example The Pac-Man World 2 game like it doesnt even let the loading screen show the animation because it' s sooo fast. Where as the Ps2 Load screen you can see short animations.

Vincent Cook
RE: RE4 not just for gamecube - Nov 16, 2004 18:22
Adam I didn' t know that! Thanks. I' m getting it for Xbox now. Xbox has the best graphics and loading times for any console. Yayyy. Xbox is going to make the Resi experience a whole lot better!