Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review - Oct 26, 2004 04:45
Gamespot Reveiw Here

IGN Review here

--This is what made me think abotu whether I should finally just give in and get a PS2, there are a few other games on there that appeal to me as well.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 10/26/2004 4:52:07 AM >

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
RE: Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review - Oct 26, 2004 06:18
I' ll be getting this game soon, that' s for DAMN sure.
Kikizo Staff Writer

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review - Oct 26, 2004 12:16
I knew this was going to happen. Gamespot' s score is ok but IGN' s is totally out there somewhere, though in my opinion IGN actually wrote a better review. It' s come to the point where it' s unbelievable for the game to be ' that good' . I' ve been a fan of GTA games since the first but I' ve never felt they were the ' best games ever' . In fact GTA 3 bored be and Vice City was the same after a bit (Though Vice City was the game GTA 3 should have been)

It seems San Andreas has seen the biggest improvement since the series went 3D I just hope I don' t get bored with it. I have to sell some pretty good games to get hold of this so it better be worth it.

fathoms
RE: Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review - Oct 26, 2004 19:24
The scores seem about right. Neither review said it was " the greatest game ever," and neither implies that the franchise is the greatest franchise ever. The four games that got a perfect 10 from GameSpot? Zelda: OoT, Tony Hawk 3, Soul Calibur, and Chrono Cross. Not a one is perfect, but that' s not necessarily what the score means.

GTA III marked a revolution, VC was MUCH better in just about every way, and SA, according to just about everyone, is even better. Why shouldn' t it get those scores?
Kikizo Staff Writer

Peter Skerritt
  • Total Posts : 11
RE: Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review - Oct 26, 2004 19:42
I keep hearing that the targeting system has been tweaked again... although I' ve never been a big fan of GTA games in the past (there' s a rarity), I might have to give this one a look for my personal enjoyment.
Peter J. Skerritt, Jr.
Freelance Writer (Video Games)
Multiple World Record Holder: Sea Wolf (10,800 pts on 5/31/2001) and Mania Challenge (1.24 million pts on 6/1/2002)

" A winner is you!"

fathoms
RE: Gamespot' s and IGN' s GTA:SA review - Oct 26, 2004 20:17
Hey Peter, long time no see.

Glad you found your way over here. So what' s been going on?
Kikizo Staff Writer