Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Flight of the Phoenix
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Flight of the Phoenix - Oct 12, 2004 03:43
Release Date: December 22, 2004

--When a C-119 cargo plane full of oil workers crashes in Mongolia' s Gobi Desert during a sandstorm, the survivors attempt to build a new plane from the parts they find in the wreckage to escape. The plane was piloted by Captain Frank Towns, an employee of oil company Geodel, whose job it is to go to remote oil rigs and shut them down when their productivity has decreased. Having accomplished his job with one such rig, his plane crashes with all of the employees aboard on the way back to Beijing.

Starring: Dennis Quaid, Giovanni Ribisi, Miranda Otto, Hugh Laurie, Jared Padalecki

Directed by: John Moore
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Some current thoughts

Nothin much at the moment...it seems like an average movie, nothin amazing or new really.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Flight of the Phoenix - Oct 12, 2004 05:20
I dream of an original movie from Hollywood. They are too few and far between these days...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Flight of the Phoenix - Oct 12, 2004 11:42
Sounds like a fairly original plot...but wasn' t there a movie where the plane crashes and the crew members try to make a plane out of the wreckage?

They crashed in the desert, though, not the jungle...

It was a movie from the black and white era (color movies had not come out yet).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll