Halo 2 reaches one million presales

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
  • Reward points : 0
Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 06, 2004 19:21
...so lets see 1 million X $50 (avg)....spent on a game that hasn' t even come out yet. Add in games that will sell after release. um hurray Bungie...

Now imagine tho if the game just totally sucked in every way except visually since we pretty much seen the visual look of it. Thatd be 1 million for sure sad ppl in this world.

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 06, 2004 20:18
Even if Halo 2 is no better (play-wise) than the original Halo, it will still be a most excellent game!!!

Just the fact that the player will travel to multiple locations (planets, moons, another halo ring) is awesome in itself...

Halo 2 is already a classic...and getting my copy on November 9th (at midnight) will prove those 1 million pre-order customers were right. Halo 2 will not disappoint...

Viva la Halo 2!!!
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 960
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 06, 2004 21:55
I agree with you DaRoosh

Mass X
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 00:12
Indeed, which is why I too will be there in the vast line of gamers picking up my pre-order.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 00:26
I had to play Halo 1 the other day to verify the sounds that come out of the center channel in Dolby Digital for someone who thought their home theater setup was messed up (the game barely sends anything to the center channel). Anyway it was the first time I' d played the game in a looong time. The graphics were really poor compared to what we are used to today, but you know what? I had fun.

So now I am actually looking forward to Halo 2. They will sell 1 more copy of the game because of me.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 00:43
I got into Halo late compared to other X-Box owners but really enjoyed the game. The only thing that annoyed me was the ' Libary' bit but the rest was good sheer fun. Halo 2 is looking quite shibby and I' ll be picking it up for sure.

1 million in pre-orders hmm... I wonder how many more people besides that are going to buy it? 1 million in sales is pretty damn spectacular for a game anyway.

Mikey G
  • Total Posts : 70
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 01:22

I got into Halo late compared to other X-Box owners but really enjoyed the game.

Same here Paul.

I reserved a regular edition.
" Life' s a garden, dig it."

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 01:30
Since it already has 1 million in sales, does that mean that they' ll release the $20 " Greatest Hits" version the next day?

Mass X
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 01:54
DAMMIT! That wouldnt surprise me. Then again has the price for the origional Halo gone down yet, isnt it set at $30 (US)?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 10/7/2004 1:55:21 AM >

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 03:43
It' s amazing what a gazillion-dollar hype campaign can do for a game, isn' t it?
Kikizo Staff Writer

whatabout_paul
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 13:04
It helps when the game is basically guaranteed to be great too, fathoms.

fathoms
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 14:20

It helps when the game is basically guaranteed to be great too, fathoms.

Ain' t nothing guaranteed in this industry, pal. It' s something you learn after 21 years of gaming.
Kikizo Staff Writer

DaRoosh65
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 14:37

Since it already has 1 million in sales, does that mean that they' ll release the $20 " Greatest Hits" version the next day?

Nice try, Joe, but I think they will wait until the initial hype fades plus about 1 year.

You' re right, fathoms...nothing is guaranteed. But that doesn' t mean that we should be too worried about Bungie making Halo 2 so much different that it will not be enjoyable. Bungie has come forward about almost every aspect of the development thus far, with the exception of the single-player mode, and they have shown me (at least) that they intend for Halo 2 to be at least as enjoyable as the original.

And, the only reason they held back on the single-player mode was to leave SOMETHING for player' s to look forward to...I play mostly the single-player experience on Halo, and I would be disappointed if Bungie revealed the entire single-player set up to me prior to my playin' the game.

Anything else that Bungie did not reveal was held back to make the game more exciting...it' s kinda like being a little kid and waiting to see what Santa has brought you for Xmas. You know it will be good...you just don' t know WHAT it is yet.

fathoms
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 14:40
DaRoosh: Oh, I' m about 99% sure it will be great. I just wanted to point out that nothing is ever guaranteed when it comes to these things.

I' m not as big of a Halo freak as other people are, either.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Xtreme
  • Total Posts : 272
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 07, 2004 19:45
I couldn' t agree more DaRoosh....with your first comment in this thread. And make that preorder total....2,000,001.

I' m officially on board...this and Godzilla: STE just got preordered last night.....woohooo!!!!

whatabout_paul
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 08, 2004 09:00
There' s hardily any point pre-ordering games in the UK so I won' t be. Exceptions occur though if you get demo' s or bonus DVD' s if you pre-order ^_^

The only game in recent memory I remember selling out most everywhere was GTA Vice City. Though most stores were cheeky and began selling it on Thursday, a day early. Skip forwards to Friday when I actually had money to buy the game and it was like gold to find. Two desperate mothers and I teamed up and eventually found a sparse number of copes remaining in a music shop.

Russian Mobster
  • Total Posts : 357
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 10, 2004 04:25
Original Halo sold alot of copies and they didnt drop the price.

Why because it was #6 on NPD top 10 chart 2 years after the game came out.

Bungie and Microsoft know it will sell good at $50, 2 years after release,
so dont be surprised if halo 2 wont drop to $20, 2 years after release.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 10/10/2004 7:36:49 PM >
XBL Gamertag:RUSSIAN mobster
XBL Games:Splinter Cell:PT,PGR2,Mech Assault, Crimson Skies, MM3, DDR, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, NFL2k3, Moto GP, Tetris,RalliSport Challenge 2,HALO 2.

PS2Poodoo
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 10, 2004 23:57
I' m not the biggest halo fan, I thought the first one was awesome but I' m not really going crazy over halo 2.

One million pre-orders tho?? That is seriously amazing. Most companies would feel lucky to sell a million over a period of months. This is a million sales BEFORE THE GAME IS EVEN OUT

I may just have to pick up an xbox with the next price drop, whenever that will be-- b/c there has to be a reason a million people don' t want to wait to play this game

whatabout_paul
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 11, 2004 00:47
Me-thinks the X-Box is about to start selling very well, in the UK anyway. It' s down to a measly £99 and with Halo 2 generating a lot of attention an X-Box could well be on quite a few people' s christmas lists.

DaRoosh65
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 11, 2004 02:57
Actually, I saw a news story the other day that mentioned that Halo 2 was already at the 2 million pre-order mark...

If that' s true, then Halo 2 will definitely break all previous pre-order and sales records!

I will try to locate that news article and post it here...

MachineGunMac
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Halo 2 reaches one million presales - Oct 11, 2004 05:59
I saw an article on Halo.Bungie.Org that it was a lie that it had reached 1 000 000 in pre-orders, its actually only at 750 000. Still pretty good though.