Has Anyone Else Heard This Story About Bungie Buying The Steel Batallion Franchise?

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Has Anyone Else Heard This Story About Bungie Buying The Steel Batallion Franchise? - Oct 06, 2004 17:39
This is a story that I keep coming across on other websites. Has anyone else heard this story and whether it is actually substantiated or is pure bullsh**?

Here' s the story...

Looks like heavy rumors are floating around from the http://www.steelbattalion.org co-founder:

I just received the second independent confirmation that Bungie will be making an announcement after the release of Halo2 that they will be releasing a " Steelbattalion" game using the S.B. controller.

Evidently the reason past attempts to secure licience rights or outright purchase of S.B. and controller by interested parties was not responded to by Capcom was because MS was already in negotiation.

The word out is that MS/Bungie (the selected developer/publisher) had their online debug contractor do the recent ' Patch" to improve the online performance until the re-write with new maps (blood gulch without towers is already finished) is released.

Bungie' s proven performance should make LoC the shining star it should have been.

STEELBATTALION IS NOT DEAD!

On a related note, Capcom is reported to have sold off many of their cash cows in order to stabilize their financial position - Steelbattalion being only one of them.

At the time of the Los Vegas show, Bungie is reported to have completed about 37% of the new material planned for the ' new' S.B. release.

If this is true (as I have foreseen it), this is the best news we could have received. The finest game concept produced by the best developer/publisher. I can' t wait.

And those trying to set up 5X5 LAN systems WILL have the game to play it without hickups.

Don
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/6/2004 5:42:08 PM >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.