Wanna use your XBOX to get in shape? ...details inside.

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Wanna use your XBOX to get in shape? ...details inside. - Oct 06, 2004 17:06
This would work for me, as I have just enough time each day to play one game and workout for a bit...

Read the article and tell us all your thoughts...

Get Your Fat Butt in Shape - Xbox Style

by Chad

In October, everyone in North America will have access to what Rosemary Ellis, Editorial Director, Prevention Magazine has called " An innovative, customizable fitness program that keeps pace with you like a personal trainer would."

Yourself!Fitness is combination of existing technology and the current body of knowledge surrounding physical fitness creating a new game genre: Interactive Home Fitness with a Virtual Personal Trainer. The content is dynamic and fully interactive with a complete fitness analysis, personalized goal setting, customized meal planner, fitness calendar, multiple workout environments, multiple music options, over 200 health and fitness tips from Prevention Magazine, and a responsive trainer. responDESIGN has defined the concept of " Fitness Gaming" as a system of motivations and rewards built into Yourself!Fitness which helps users achieve their personal health and fitness goals.

" Yourself!Fitness represents a new and innovative direction in the home fitness market. It delivers features that are unmatched by anything else in the home fitness industry," said Stephanie Montgomery, Director of Reebok University. " I believe Yourself!Fitness gives women a reason to care about the Xbox and opens the door to video games in general."

The current list of retailers that will carry Yourself!Fitness, the first in a planned family of game titles responDESIGN describes as " Games That Are Good For You," include: Nordstrom, Best Buy, Best Buy Canada, Brandsmart, Circuit City, Comp USA, EB Canada, Electronics Boutique, Fry' s, Gamecrazy, Gamestop, Hastings, Kmart, Meijer, Target.com, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and Walmart.com. Customers will also be able to purchase the game online as well as sign-up for newsletters, promotions and tips from Maya, the Yourself!Fitness personal trainer.

Yourself!Fitness represents an evolution in home fitness moving beyond one-dimensional fitness videos and self-help books as it is truly personalized and fully interactive. It represents a revolution in the gaming industry as it is focused on a long neglected market segment: women.

Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Wanna use your XBOX to get in shape? ...details inside. - Oct 06, 2004 17:54
Ummm...thanks. I' ll stick to lifting and playing tennis.

All this is is an interactive Jane Fonda workout tape. Honestly, I think you' d get a better workout with DDR. See, you actually have to be MOVING for the whole exercise thing to work.
Kikizo Staff Writer