Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone like the regular Controller?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31
Rek

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Feb 26, 2003 02:50
I prefer the original (big) controller for first person shooters like Halo and UC or other games that make use of the same control scheme (i.e. Mechassault, Enclave, etc). I simply cannot use the S-controller for these kinda games, the analog sticks feel to close together and I don' t like the hollowed tips, I like how the original analog sticks are rounded outward (like a mushroom) on top, feels better for grip, IMO.

However I prefer using the S-controller for all other types of games such as fighters, racers, sports and just about anything and everything else.
WKD

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Feb 26, 2003 20:05
When I first got my Box, I didn' t mind using the regular controller. I adapted to it well, and I thought it was great for Halo, but when I went to play Splinter Cell, I had trouble reaching the B&W butons. My hands aren' t huge, but they aint exactly dainty either.
After using the S I just could not go back to the regular controller.

IMO, the S is the best controller I' ve ever used......After the Wavebird of course.
Foxhound109

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Feb 27, 2003 20:16
I certainly prefer the Original Xbox controller to the S-Type. The S controller is for Final Fantasy playing sissies *cough*eyerule*cough*. The original is perfect and it feels really solid, while the S-type feels hollow and cheap IMO.

P.S. LMAO@Eyerule! J/K dude !
Kabuki Magnifico

• Total Posts : 24
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Feb 28, 2003 01:32
the original is better..
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Feb 28, 2003 02:19
It doesn' t really matter to me...I like them each for different games. For Halo, I use the original cause that' s what I learned with, but other than that game, I use the S. So I guess I like the S better. Yeah, the S, cause its better you know, has less resistance in the trigger springs so that' s a good thing-racing games anyone? My A button on the original is wearing out so yeah, definetly like the S better.
eyerule

• Total Posts : 50
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Mar 01, 2003 03:53

I certainly prefer the Original Xbox controller to the S-Type. The S controller is for Final Fantasy playing sissies *cough*eyerule*cough*. The original is perfect and it feels really solid, while the S-type feels hollow and cheap IMO.

P.S. LMAO@Eyerule! J/K dude !

How...How...how...could you!?!?!?! YOU KNOW FINAL FANTASY IS MY WHORE AND I CAN' T HELP IT!!! [:' (]

heh
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Mar 01, 2003 14:01
So we' re " final fantasy playing sissies" are we? Do not even say a word Eyerule...Yoshi shall do what once cost a fee for free...
Sonikles

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Mar 02, 2003 17:32
I like the regular controller but the S controller fits way better in my hand . i just love the S-controller.
Foxhound109

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Mar 02, 2003 18:31

How...How...how...could you!?!?!?! YOU KNOW FINAL FANTASY IS MY WHORE AND I CAN' T HELP IT!!! [:' (]

heh

Better not tell that to Aya, she' ll get jelous and go on a Rampage. The last thing you' d want is for her to give STDs to the people at Squaresoft .

LMAO!
Alkyne

• Total Posts : 39
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Mar 07, 2003 19:24
I' m a fan of the original-there' s nothing I don' t like about it.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Anyone like the regular Controller? - Mar 08, 2003 15:35
I do like the orginal controller for most games but for 2D titles, MameX or beat' em ups you gotta use a stick. The digital D pad on the standard controller is arse!
Also with all buttons on the front of the controller feeling the same there is the odd occasion that the wrong button can be pressed.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 31 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message