Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception?

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 05, 2004 18:13
It appears that MK:D has hit the store shelves...who' s gonna get it? Or, who already has it?

When I get the money, I will be getting this title.

Mortal Kombat Deception Hits The Shelves
by UtahSaint

Midway announced today that Mortal Kombat: Deception has shipped for Xbox.

“Midway, along with the millions of MK fans around the globe, is extremely excited about the release of Mortal Kombat: Deception,” said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. “The Deception team has worked diligently over the past two years to ensure that this MK title will be the best yet. Not only will it be the first ever 3D fighter to be playable online via both the PlayStation 2 and Xbox Live, but the team has also succeeded in meeting a goal that some thought wasn’t going to be possible…they made a fighting game that plays as responsive online as it does offline. To support these ambitious efforts and hefty accomplishments, we are backing Mortal Kombat: Deception with the most extensive marketing campaign in Midway’s company history.”

Mortal Kombat : Deception pushes martial arts-style fighting and the Mortal Kombat franchise to new heights with an innovative fighting system, unparalleled depth and brutally intense action that will appeal to long-time Mortal Kombat fans as well as next-generation gamers. The game features lightning-fast, hand-to-hand and special weapons combat, secret and returning characters, new moves and combinations with death-dealing battles and all-new life-threatening environments.

< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 10/5/2004 6:14:13 PM >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

vanswa garbutt
  • Total Posts : 412
  • Reward points : 19020
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 05, 2004 18:28
I' am going to get mortal kombat deception ( i think)

To me this is great, because i' ve played all the mortal kombats their were and when it first came out it was a fun game to play. but as the other one came out i complete stoped playing the first and so on and so. now here is the problem once deception comes out am afraid that i' ll stop playing the last one. the last one to me was the best and i dont wont to let it go. but i really want the next one so am kinda stuck on whether i play the best one so and not get the other or go ahead and get the next one which will probaly have me forget about the other one what should i do. help me daroosh
< Message edited by vanswa garbutt -- 10/5/2004 1:32:51 PM >

DaRoosh65
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 05, 2004 20:17
Well, your dilemma seems to be that you like anything Mortal Kombat.

So, why can' t you keep both?

Why do you have to stop playing one to play the other?

Don' t despair...this can be worked out.

Reznor
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 05, 2004 21:57
I can' t wait to get this game.

When is it out in the UK?

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 05, 2004 22:21
I' ll get it eventually. I snapped up Deadly Alliance for an old skool kick and really enjoyed it. Well, for the most part. The gawd damn giant ogre thing was just a complete pain in the ass. It seems the Dragon King is going to be as annoying if not more so in Deception but the other modes should keep the game fun. Chess Kombat has the potential to be an ace multiplayer game. It' s all practice for when i get my X-Box online too so I can kick some human asses.

vanswa garbutt
  • Total Posts : 412
  • Reward points : 19020
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 05, 2004 23:22
daroosh if i buy the next i know for sure i' am going to forget about the other one.

DaRoosh65
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 06, 2004 02:47
Well, then get the new one and play it like there' s no tomorrow...

Just keep the first one until you decide to stop playin' the new one...this may be years, but it will eventually happen.

You might as well keep both, as they are different enough to enjoy both.

Regret in 2010
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 06, 2004 05:02
im not that interested.

teenage income requires me to pick and choose, and mkd is not my choice.

DaRoosh65
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 06, 2004 14:12
Well, then get the newer one...it' s got both a chess and puzzle mode to make things even more interesting.

Regret in 2010
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 07, 2004 01:55
didnt you already say to get the newer one?

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 07, 2004 01:57
I dunno whetehr I want this or not. I mean DOA:Ultimate is around the corner and all.

PS2Poodoo
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 11, 2004 00:05
Well I rented it, here are my impressions:

If you are anything like me, you thought Deadly Alliance didn' t really feel like mortal kombat. Deception brings back the feeling of the old school MK' s, but with the newer interface we' ve come to expect. The fighting system is awesome. There are certain levels that have say a grinder or a cliff that you can knock someone into mid-round. So, you have to be careful not to get stuck there-- or if you are low on health, try to get your oponent there for a quick round win.

The Konquest mode is pretty much a training course, but that' s good b/c some people need that kind of thing to get all the small details down.

The online mode is outstanding. If you just want to fight an actual other person and talk some trash while you do it, this is the way to go. It is literally as lag-free as you are going to find(and I' m playing the PS2 version). I still haven' t been disconnected or seen a single moment of lag. You can choose in a lobby who you want to challenge, and you can do so based on latency. So, you really do not have to worry about lag--and I only stress this b/c that is very important in a fighting game.

Sorry, that got a bit long lol

MachineGunMac
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Who' s Gonna Get Mortal Kombat Deception? - Oct 11, 2004 06:12
I' m usually not into fighters, but I' m gonna give this one a rent.