What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In?

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 03:26
For me, I traded in Wings of War and ESPN NFL 2005 for the money.

Things were tight, and I needed every dollar...

I will be getting ESPN NFL 2005 back, but Wings of War is not expected to make a return to my collection.

What about you? What was and/or were the last game(s) you traded in?
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 03:36
Games and System is what I traded in. I traded all my N64 games and the system just to get Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour and Wario World. I kinda regret but it' s like Out with the old and in with the new.

NukeouT
  • Total Posts : 40
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 05:06
We just had a city wide garage sale this weekend and I pawned off Breed, Project Eden, Toxin, and some other worthless gerberferble. Overall I think 3$ a peice was more than couple % over its current worth...

Now what to cash in that money.. ?

Anyone know good keyboard or mice that are under 30$?

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 05:49
It' s been many, many years since I got rid of a game. I don' t do that anymore. Way back when I was a moron, I sold my Sega Master System when the Genesis came out in order to get a couple more 16-bit games. Dumb! I also sold a lot of games that I wish I hadn' t for other systems and I spend a lot of time trying to reacquire them. A friend of mine sold his NES and all it' s games for a Sega Genesis, and then sold the Genesis and all of its games for the SNES. He has spent a TON of time and money trying to reacquire everything he used to have. He no longer sells games either, especially with the pathetic prices that places like EB and Gamestop buy them for (and then sell for only $5 less than new). EB and Gamestop are incredibly sleazy.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 10/5/2004 5:50:36 AM >

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 06:24
Only sold one game in my life and I need to reacquire that suck azz game just to have it again.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 11:43
I wasn' t one for trading in my games and amassed a huge collection of PS2 games. But then I got my Gamecube and X-Box. I' ve been searching through my PS2 collection and trading in a load of games:

WWE Smackdown 3 & 4
Tony Hawks 3 & 4
Gran Turismo 3
Devil May Cry
Zone of Enders
GTA 3

There are a few more I' m sure. All of the games I had finished, in some cases a few times over. I would never have played any of them again. In return for trading those games in I got Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Burnout 3 for mere pennies. Next on the chopping block is GTA Vice City, a few Gamecube and Game Boy Advance games I' ll never play. All being part exchanged for Fable!

RavenShadow
  • Total Posts : 680
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 13:12
Last games I traded were Bloody Roar 4 and Hot Shots Golf 3 to pick up Hot Shots Golf Fore!
Before that I traded in many games:

Twisted Metal Black
NBA Live 2003
Tiger Woods 2002
SSX Tricky
Grandia
Onimusha 1 & 2
NBA Street Vol.2
and I think a couple more

I don' t trade my games in anymore unless I have to.

Russian Mobster
  • Total Posts : 357
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 22:17
I learned my lesson on trading in games.

I only traded about 1 game in and it was Star Wars Shadow of the Empire to FuncoLand and they only gave me $20 for it when it was still $70.

After that i never traded any of my games in.Its not worth it.
XBL Gamertag:RUSSIAN mobster
XBL Games:Splinter Cell:PT,PGR2,Mech Assault, Crimson Skies, MM3, DDR, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, NFL2k3, Moto GP, Tetris,RalliSport Challenge 2,HALO 2.

BiohazardSEGA
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 05, 2004 23:06
5 years ago I sold my PSX to get money for a Dreamcast.

Since then, I have never EVER traded or sold a system and only some duplicate games.

Reznor
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 06, 2004 00:14
I just sold Far Cry because i completed it and i' m never going to play it again. As for trading in games i' m never going to do that again because you get ripped off.

endlos
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 06, 2004 22:02
What I traded in in the last month:
Mace griffon: bounty hunter
Forgotton Realms: Demon Stone

What I' m Getting:

Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3
Devil may cry 3

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 06, 2004 23:08
I traded in NCAA 2005 to purchase Chronicles of Riddick...traded in Chronicles of Riddick to purchase Madden 2005...traded in Madden 2005 for the future purchase of Halo 2...I' m big on these trade ins, lol.
In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

dabears
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 06, 2004 23:49
well i traded in crismon skies, project gothom racing( the first one), rainbow 6 3 BA, and starwars clone wars; (since i hadn' t played them in so long) i traded them all in in order to get burnout 3, and by doing so i got the game for free

Gossi_the_dog
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 08, 2004 23:00
I' ve only traded in games to get another on one occasion and that was earlier this year when GAME decided to do a deal where if you traded in any 4 PS2, GC, Xbox or GBA games you could get any new title for £0.99. So I traded in Headhunter, the Mark of Kri, Maximo and Space Race to get Red Dead Revolver on the PS2. The best thing about the deal was that all 4 games that I traded in had originally cost me less than half the RRP of Red Dead Revolver.

I do sell the odd game though. Mostly through gaming forums but occasionally via eBay. The last game I sold was Winning Eleven 7 International which I sold earlier this week as the sequel is out next Friday.

Regret in 2010
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 08, 2004 23:06
I have traded in too many games to count. I couldn' t even remember all of them if i tried to. id have to guess about 10 to 20 games though.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 09, 2004 00:10
And today it was goodbye to Sonic Advance 2, GTA Vice City, Final Fantasy X (I got X-2 to tide me over now), WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth and Tekken Tag (the CD of which was horribly, horribly scratched and as a result will not load certain levels) And hello to Fable which I got for not a penny extra. Ohhh yes. Just as well too otherwise I wouldn' t have been able to afford to go to a few gigs I had my eye on.

Next up on the ' ol Games radar, GTA San Andreas.

MachineGunMac
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: What Were The Last Game(s) You Traded In? - Oct 10, 2004 04:05
Traded in Amped 2 and LOTR: ROTK for xbox to get Star Wars Battlefront a couple weeks ago, but im thinking of trading SW:BF in to get Men of Valor when it comes out later this month. After that I may trade in Counter-Strike (Xbox) for some dough so that i can cut Halo 2' s price down.