Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3?

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
  • Reward points : 0
Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3? - Oct 04, 2004 16:49
Whaaaaat? I never played Ape Escape, so maybe someone can tell me the concept for the game. But according to this news story on computerandvideogames.com there is an Ape Escape sub game in Metal Gear Solid 3.

Don' t believe me?

What on earth is going on?

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3? - Oct 04, 2004 17:15
I wonder in the future if/when Microsoft gets a port of this game will Konami include something special in the Xbox version since they can' t keep the Ape Escape theme in. Or maybe they' ll just do a straightforward port of the game with no extras?

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3? - Oct 04, 2004 22:18
Well I wasn' t gonna buy MGS3, but now with the apes in it I most definitely will! Kidding, of course. I think the goal of the Ape Escape game is to run around collecting little apes that have escaped. Then you put them in a blender or something, I dunno. My friend has the game and I got bored after about 2 seconds. But apparently they are Sony' s mascots.

Maybe the Xbox version will have a bunch of little, ummmm... hmmmmm. I don' t think the Xbox has any " mascots" or system exclusive characters.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3? - Oct 05, 2004 00:07
If there is truly a god out there you' ll have to capture the Dead or Alive girls in the X-Box version

IORI YAGAMI1211
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3? - Oct 11, 2004 16:24
Ape Escape is a really good game. the game is tuffer than it leads ppl to belive. the part with the monkeys in MGS, it says " Gotcha" to imply that is was a joke. the Ape Escape game takes place in the future so that goes that idea of the monkeys. it is just a joke.

Gossi_the_dog
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Ape' s escape and appear in Metal Gear Solid 3? - Oct 11, 2004 23:33
I take it that this is just a joke. However whoever said Ape Escape was rubbish really needs to play the game especially the sequel which is home to one of the best English translations I' ve come across. An absolutely awesome game.