GENJI A GO GO, BABY!

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
GENJI A GO GO, BABY! - Sep 27, 2004 12:57
GENJI A GO GO, BABY!

Historical Japanese slash ' em up from ex-Capcom bods gets official website

12:06 Remember when Sony announced they would be announcing two " awesome" PS2 titles a few weeks back? Wanda & the Colossus, which we showed you on Friday, is one of them.
The other is Genji. It may not be the sequel to a cult classic like Ico, but it' s worth a look on its own merit. For a start it' s developed by Game Republic, a new studio founded by ex-Capcom producer Yoshiki Okamoto (he' s credited on Resi 2, Resi 3, Resi: CODE: Veronica, Devil May Cry 2 and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter).

It' s a third-person hack and slasher where you guide three characters - one a samurai wielding twin kitanas, one an ultra-fast girl, and one a big lunk with a huge stone club - through a historically and mythically referenced 12 Century Japan.

It looks stunning, too. The game' s website is up and although there' s plenty of text to wade through, there' s also plenty of screens, artwork, and a trailer.

Prepare to drool. Think the sublime cinematic beauty of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Hero meeting the furious but stylish slash ' em up elements of Otogi and Devil May Cry.

Head on over and check it out at the official Japanese website then keep it here for the latest Genji news.

Graeme Boyd
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

IORI YAGAMI1211
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: GENJI A GO GO, BABY! - Nov 10, 2004 23:13
sounds to good to be true. i will really have to do my homework to see if this is as good as it sounds. i played ' Way of the Samurai" and was very disapointed. i will see what is up with this one.

Vincent Cook
  • Total Posts : 152
RE: GENJI A GO GO, BABY! - Nov 11, 2004 05:29
Wasn' t " Genji a go go baby" a phrase used in Viewtiful Joe? Lol