X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo?

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 22, 2004 05:49
Sony recently introduced the PStwo, which is wafer thin and can be snapped in half by a two year old. You can' t play Final Fantasy XI on it and I guess a few other games are incompatible as well.

Do you think Nintendo and Microsoft will follow suit with a smaller Gamecube Nintendo and Xbox? I think we would all like to see a smaller Xbox. Smaller is better. Everyone (yes, everyone on the planet) HATES the Xbox for no other reason other than its size. Or at least that' s what people seem to make fun of the most about it. A smaller Xbox, reduced to about, say, 2 or 3 times the size of the current original PS2, would be great. It might prompt an extra 2 or 3 people who would not have purchased an Xbox to finally break down and get one.

But what about the Gamecube Nintendo? Could it get any smaller? Should it? I have already seen posts on forums saying they hope that they do make the Gamecube Nintendo smaller. I don[' t think they will. Nintendo has already made changes to the Gamecube Nintendo, removing its component output (they should have instead removed the analog output, as the compnent output could easily export composite, S-video, and analog audio).

What do y' all think?

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 22, 2004 05:59

Everyone (yes, everyone on the planet) HATES the Xbox for no other reason other than its size. Or at least that' s what people seem to make fun of the most about it.

I myself have never made fun of the Xbox' s size. When I purchased my Xbox, they had to load it onto a flatbed truck to transport it to my home as the Xbox just wouldn' t fit into the empty caravan. Once home, a crane was used to lower it into my living room. Once it was secure in the living, I was able to sit the 32 inch TV on top of it and get ready for some long gaming sessions.

Anyways, getting back to my point, I have yet to see anyone make fun of the Xbucket.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
  • Reward points : 0
RE: X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 22, 2004 11:59
LOL

Er, well. I don' t think there' s any need for a smaller Gamecube. The thing is tiny enough as it is, pretty light too. I like how it has that handle so you can swing it around if needs be.

The X-Box on the other hand is huge and heavy. I' m not expert on the matter but think it' s got something (or everything) to do with the hard drive. It' s not like it' s size is off putting though. In fact it looks quite at home on my desk with my Cube sat atop it.

I don' t really see the need for a smaller PS2. It seems a bit of a money making gimmick. It' s a PS2 and it' s smaller and... er... you can' t use the multi tap with it (so I heard. A new one has to be brought out for it).

I suppose it' d be nice for those three people left on earth without a PS2 mind.

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
RE: X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 22, 2004 16:49
M$ had talked about a smaller XBOX, but nothing has been released about it since then.

Gamecube doesn' t really need to be smaller...but if they do go smaller, maybe they could make it a handheld.

Most people are just fine with the size of the current PS2, and with the PSP coming out, why go smaller with the home console?
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 22, 2004 16:53
Man I thought the PSTWO would be white and look kinda the same of a PSONE. I dont like black nomore. I wish it was white. I dont think I will by a PSTWO cause it' s really just a waste of money. PS2 is small as it is cause you can stand it up vertically and slided it into a small space.

RavenShadow
  • Total Posts : 680
RE: X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 23, 2004 15:54
I don' t really think the size changes of the systems are all that necessary.
Maybe some, but not many people will be all " Oh they FINALLY reduced the size of the PS2! Now I can finally go by it because I didn' t have room for the normal sized one"
Just trying to make some more money of the system before they go down and get traded in for the next generation.

toxicavenger
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: X-Boxtwo? Gamecube Nintendotwo? - Sep 23, 2004 16:41
if the gamecube was any smaller, people would lose it (oops! mom i lost my game... errr... xbox! buy me a new one) or oops i washed my gamecube in my pants pocket. if the xbox was anysmaller, it wouldn' t make a differense to me. i would rather have a big console that is sturdy and can take some impact, as aposed to a smaller condensed box that would take a hit and all the electronics would get mashed.
febreZe fabric refresher EXTRA STRENGTH origianl scent