Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing?

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 14, 2004 03:08
There were times, especially when I owned my Sega Genesis, when I threw a few games to keep my friend from leaving.

Those were the days when I had a winning record in the 95+ percentile range, so my friend was lucky to win or tie the remaining games.

The games we played were Madden Football, NBA Live, NHL Hockey, World Series Baseball, and Arnold Palmer Golf.

Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? If so, what games were involved?
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 14, 2004 03:13
Not really...I like kicking ass and if they quit then they get a healthy dose of smack talk.
In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 14, 2004 12:36
Only when playing my cosine Daniel, before he started getting good at games anyway. He was only about 8 when I started playing him and he didn' t really know what he was doing, so I' d loose just to keep him interested.

Of course now he' s 11 going on 12 and is more than a match for me.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 14, 2004 23:54
Id never actually throw a game but ill give them a lil hope to make' m think they starting to par up with me

Regret in 2010
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 15, 2004 02:29
no, not really...im usually at their house playing their games, so its usually them kicking my ass...

Soviet635
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 15, 2004 12:11
I' ll never let anyone win when me and a friend plays..if they cant take a few losses,they shouldnt be playing..and besides..why would you wanna let them win anyway..then they think you suck

DaRoosh65
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 15, 2004 12:36
You never let them win that much!

Only once in a while...just enough to keep ' em interested.

Sometimes a friend may be having a bad day, and they are not really wanting to continue playing - especially if they' re losing on a bad day, so you give them a little something to look forward to. It usually makes my friend feel better, and he ends up in a better mood than when he first started.

I don' t mind playing games that have AI controlled characters, but playing against humans is so much better.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/15/2004 12:38:32 PM >

PS2Poodoo
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 15, 2004 15:41
I had to throw many fights in mortal kombat 2 to keep my friends interested. I played that game like it was my job, and none of them could ever stop me. Since then I haven' t thrown any games, my friends are good enough at sports games to beat me and that' s all that they play

toxicavenger
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 15, 2004 18:37
halo baby... all the time. blood gulch, wizard, everything. as soon as i got xbc, i never was beat again (by my friends)
febreZe fabric refresher EXTRA STRENGTH origianl scent

DaRoosh65
RE: Have You Ever Thrown A Game To Keep Your Friend Playing? - Sep 19, 2004 05:18
I will admit, though, that my friend has gotten better as time has gone by. What this means is that he kicks my a** more now than before, so I don' t have to worry about him being upset and leaving if he' s losing.