Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Games you' re gettin or gotten...
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Nov 29, 2004 19:22
All of my games are for the XBOX game console.

Recent Acquisitions:
Legends of Wrestling ($5)
Armed and Dangerous ($5)
Ultra Bust-A-Move ($20 - finally found a copy!)
Soul Calibur II (15$)
Sonic Collection ($15)

My free game (from Kikizo):
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Nov 29, 2004 21:11
Games Gotten
Fable
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Games Getting
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Half Life 2
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory
Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness (still!)
WWE Wrestlemania 21.
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 11/29/2004 9:14:50 PM >
DaRoosh65

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Dec 16, 2004 18:06
My birthday just passed, and my in-laws sent $$!!!

I was able to get the XBOX game, Bard' s Tale.

This is one awesome game! I don' t know how it passed by me so easily...
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Dec 16, 2004 20:04
I was seriously looking at that Bard' s tale, but it recieved lackluster reviews. Let me know how it is once you play it Daroosh.
whatabout_paul

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Dec 16, 2004 22:12
Gotten
Max Payne
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes.

Bloody eck, I' d forgotten how hard MGS was. Number 2 was a breeze after a while but having not played it for about 2 years I was having my ass handed to me for about an hour. I got so far on MGS for PC but the Twin Snakes re-make is how the game *should* look. There are some ace little added bits to cut scenes giving the game more of an ' action film' flavour; and a utterly hilarious scene involving the Arms-tech president not being able to remember a codec number... Snake' s reaction is priceless.

It’s worth picking up the game alone just to see what the characters of the game look like without cardboard faces
< Message edited by whatabout_paul -- 12/16/2004 10:14:40 PM >
jabronibasher

• Total Posts : 119
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Dec 16, 2004 22:53
GAMES I WANT VERY MUCH though most arent out yet

PC
Guild wars ( current beta player, and am loving this game)
Republic commando
Battlefield series
KOTOR2

PS2
San ANdreas
NFS underground 2
MGS2 ( thx for reminding me paul, i forgot how much fun the series was )
MGS 3
FFXII
Jak and daxter

thats about it, since i dont have the xbox anymore and my cube got fried a while ago.

GAMES IVE GOTTEN Recently
Far cry
Doom3
Half life 2
LOTR:BFME
< Message edited by jabronibasher -- 12/16/2004 10:55:55 PM >
silverspade14

• Total Posts : 10
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Dec 25, 2004 19:05
gotten for xbox:halo 2, ghost recon 2, xbox live

gotten for pc: half life 2 , rome total war.

getting for xbox: splinter cell : chaos theory, the movies,mercinaries,brothers in arms

getting for pc: black and white 2, battlefield 2, lotr:bfme
< Message edited by silverspade14 -- 12/26/2004 2:40:45 PM >
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Dec 26, 2004 12:32
You aren' t going to find anything more funny than a Bard' s Tale. I only played about 5 hours of the game but it seemed to ALWAYS be funny. And the combat and stuff isn' t too bad either...it' s pretty funny summoning a rat to fight for you anyways.

I' m going to use my Christmas money today to go and buy a couple of games I' ve been meaning to. I' m going to rebuy ESPN NFL 2k5 because the last copy got scratched really bad at a party and won' t play now. I' m also going to look into an RPG...possibly Star Ocean 3: Til the End of Time or whatever it' s name is.
whatabout_paul

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Jan 14, 2005 16:09
Gotten
Paper Mario 1000 Year Door
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Max Payne 2
Disgaea Hour Of Darkness

I' m stocking up on games to play, focusing on one then moving to another. I got them all for under £50 (Paper Mario free ^_^)

Getting Soon
WWE Smackdown VS Raw (ordered from e-bay for £15... thats $7)
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Mortal Kombat Deception
Need For Speed Underground 2

I wasn' t impressed with NFS1 but heard a bit about NFS2. If I can find it cheap I' ll see what the fuss is about.
DaRoosh65

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Feb 10, 2005 07:59

I was seriously looking at that Bard' s tale, but it recieved lackluster reviews. Let me know how it is once you play it Daroosh.

I' ll make this short, mxpx182...Bard' s Tale is the only RPG (other than Morrowind) that I have thoroughly enjoyed from the start of the game through my present game-position.

Bard' s Tale offers the usual equipment/items buying and acquisitioning. In place of magic spells, you learn/acquire the ability to play tunes that cause magical effects (i.e. playing the flute summons an electric spider that electrocutes anything it touches). Once you have summoned a creature/magical effect, you can command it to protect you or attack enemies.

One of the first things that really made me laugh was when my game character interrupted the game' s narrator to tell him something similar to " bloody well hurry up...I haven' t got all day" . That, and when my character met this well-endowed lady that he sort of liked - the screen was first-person during their conversation and my character was looking at her face, then began looking a little below that - at her ample chest.

Enemy encounters keep you fairly busy...between puzzle solving and re-equipping phases. As in most successful RPG' s, you need to keep an eye out for your health -to be sure not to perish mid-battle/prior to next save. You' ll level-up as expected in any standard RPG.

The graphics, sound, storyline, and over-all gameplay are well thought out, produced, and full of humor.

Easily, Bard' s tale is one of my all-time favorite RPG' s.

Now, on to the games that I have recently acquired (I really had some catching-up to do):

Mercenaries - Newly appointed ' All-Time Best Game Ever' award!!!
Mech Assault - Totally awesome gameplay!
Mech Assault 2 - Enough uniqueness from the first installment to make it seem like a totally different game!
Halo - If I didn' t need to eat (a while back), this one would never have been traded in.
Halo 2 - I cannot deny that this title is head & tails above most other games.
ESPN NFL 2K5 - Awesome football game (& I like ESPN over EA)!!!
ESPN NHL 2K5 - Best NHL game this, or any, year!!!
ESPN NBA 2K5 - Awesome basketball game (definitely better than EA' s offering)!!!
Links 2004 - Best all-around golf game to date (Even better than EA' s offering)!!!
Crimson Skies - Great storyline and gameplay...very addictive, in deed!
Outrun 2 - Thoroughly enjoy playing this title!
Serious Sam - One awesome FPS!!! ...and for less than $10!
Rallisport Challenge 2 - Best off-road racer out there!!!
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game Of The Year - I had the regular version and loved the free-play style with all those options to be or do just about anything. And, with the two extra scenarios, this is a no-brainer!!!
Dai Senryaku: Modern Military Tactics - Love those stategic military games!
Project Gotham Racing 2 - I played the first one and loved it...I am reading and hearing PGR2 is even better!
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time - I really like the premise of the game, its platformer-like stylings, and the awesome graphics! It definitely doesn' t hurt that POP:SOT gets an across-the-board high rating from every game review website!!!
Splashdown - Had this one before, and would like to return it to my collection. This is the one-and-only water-racing in my book!!!
Battlestar Galactica - While all of my friends were Star Wars fans, I was an avid BSG fan. I even got the board game made by FASA...can' t wait to play this one!
MLB 2K5 - Take 2 has done no wrong with their sports line. ' Nuff said...

Games I have purchased, but yet to receive (just ordered/pre-ordered):

None.

Most of these games were purchased for less than $15, with only three titles coming in at around $25. I cannot complain, as most people paid full price for these same titles.

Games that I have decided to get, but am awaiting their release:

Sid Meier' s Pirates! - I loved this one on the Genesis, and the [same]developer is creating this new one...' nuff said.

Games that I am still considering:

Super Monkeyball Deluxe - I played this on GC, and found it to be challenging, addictive and fun!
Fable - I had reservations about acquiring this title. But, after reading gamer reviews, I have added this RPG to my list.

Thanks goes to my recent financial consolidation, the few $$ from my tax refund, and all of those out there who were kind enough to provide reviews for these (and many other) games. My 2005 has really been brightened...thank you all!!!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 1 Mar 05 12:41:08 >
DaRoosh65

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Feb 23, 2005 06:33
I wish to add two to my ' Games that I am still considering' category...

America' s Army - Great looking and sounding FPS military title. Love the ability to change career paths!
Area 51 - Love those awesome FPS titles...especially the one' s with viruses and aliens involved!

Might just switch these two to my ' decided to get, but am awaiting their release' category.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 23 Feb 05 14:34:26 >
whatabout_paul

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Feb 23, 2005 16:51
Gotten
Sonic Mega Collection
Star Wars KOTOR II: Sith Wars
Rumble Roses

Getting
Metal Gear Solid 3
Nintendo DS
Mario 64 DS
Project Rub
DaRoosh65

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Feb 24, 2005 05:54

Gotten
Sonic Mega Collection
Star Wars KOTOR II: Sith Wars
Rumble Roses

How do you like the Sonic Mega Collection?

From what I played, I thought it was a nice trip backwards in time...but the Game Gear versions were a little un-necessary (to me, at least). I would have loved to see one (or more) of the Sega Saturn/Dreamcast version(s) added instead.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 24 Feb 05 13:54:54 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Feb 24, 2005 07:56
I haven' t aquired anything new in the past 2 months, although i recently rented 3 games. Ratchet and Clank: Up your arsenal was a great game. I' d seriously consider buying it, but after the rent for 3 days for 4 bucks I' m half finished so I' ll just rent it again, it is a fantastic game though. Mario Party 5- part 6 was all rented out, and my wife really wanted to rent a mario party game. same as usual, ut I really liked this one more than part 4. the boards are way cooler, and other ways to play the mini games helps. Finally I rented REsident Evil 4. NOw before I go on realize that I rented all 3 of these games over the same 3 day period. I hardly played it at all. aybe 1 hour total time. The game looked amazing, the controls were intuitive and I had no desire to play it, Ratchet and Clank was just that much fun.

As for games I' ll be getting soon, well timesplitters is just around the corner, and I think that' ll be a purchase for me.
DaRoosh65

RE: Games you' re gettin or gotten... - Feb 24, 2005 10:16
I just found out that my pre-ordered copy of Major League Baseball 2K5 was released on 02/22/05 (to compete with EA' s Baseball), rather than in March!

I got my copy, via UPS, today!!!

I have kept my vow not to buy any new EA products (does not include pre-owned non-sports EA titles, since the $$ to buy those does not go to support future EA sub-standard titles) . This is not real difficult, since the ESPN/Take 2 line of sports better represents each of the respective sports anyway (sorry EA fanboys...NOT!).

I can not wait to get home and begin playing the Saint Louis Cardinals against either the Chicago Cubs or New York Mets!

Update: I played the Chicago Cubs...and lost 10 to 2. However, when I played the Braves and Minnesota, I won both respectably. Guess reading the instruction manual helps...

MLB 2K5 is an awesome game, folks!!!
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 1 Mar 05 12:46:27 >
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 55 of 55

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message