Rumor Mill: XBOX 2

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 13, 2004 01:41
It feels like 2000 all over again. Lots of little websites pop-up with " exclusive" and " top secret" and " leaked" images of the new Xbox 2. Whilst we don' t want to help amplify these " leaks" , we thought we' d show you the kind of stuff thats going on in the wild wild west, er, web... If you ask me, Microsoft proabably hasn' t yet finalised the look and feel of the new Xbox 2, but oh well.

Here' s the text from the dudes at engadget

We’re not sure if these are legit or not, but an anonymous tipster who claimed to be a part of a focus group for the upcoming Xbox2 sent us some questionable screengrabs of two of the “logos and console designs being considered for the next generation Xbox system” (that quote according to the focus group material we saw). We’d send ‘em back to the drawing board if it we were in that focus group, but supposedly they’ve got more cooking—it’d be pretty foolish if they didn’t—so we’ll see.

See the pics click here. You may have to register...

Or, click here to see the Gamespot story and those pictures...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 9/13/2004 1:46:57 AM >
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

yoshimitsu15
  • Total Posts : 1038
RE: Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 13, 2004 04:31
Oh God...not a handle...[:' (]

I' ll really be worried when this actually is announced from M$.
In response to the following complaint I have decided to change my signature:

" by the way, yoshimitsu you might want to click the little checkbox that makes your signature disappear." -Jonah Shoemaker, Residential Dumbass

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 13, 2004 16:11
I' m not big on either of those designs, and I think it is pretty obvious those are just fanart. I' m really surprised those are being taken seriously by websites.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

DaRoosh65
RE: Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 13, 2004 17:44
Of course, those are just to get you to look...

If nothing else...those pictures are a good way to begin the hype over XBOX 2.

Rampage99
RE: Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 13, 2004 19:11
That is true. What is really making me hyped is hearing about all the new graphical technology coming out. I can' t wait to use and play those. I' m majoring in game art and design right now at an art college nd in about a year I' ll get to start messing around with all the new technology.

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

DaRoosh65
RE: Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 14, 2004 00:44
It appears that some game developers have stated that they intend gaming to become a cinematic experience...meaning that they expect games to look like a movie, but play like a videogame.

That' s Ok with me...

Rampage99
RE: Rumor Mill: XBOX 2 - Sep 14, 2004 00:46
I think that' s how a game should be. It needs an epic cinematic with great playablity.