Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most?

DaRoosh65
  • Total Posts : 1968
  • Reward points : 0
Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 02:53
For me, the Atari 2600, Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo (SNES) were all played day-in and day-out (an average) for the whole time I owned these consoles. By the way, I owned each of these consoles for at least three years each...

Many times, I would play for 8 hours or more at a time...

Halo (for XBOX) was the most recent next-gen title that got my full attention for long periods of time, but it was nothing compared to the gaming on those earlier game systems.
Videogaming is the contemporary interactive pasttime.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 03:04
Sega Saturn...

Also the Sega Master System..

Super Nintendo, DreamCast, followed by the GameCube.

fathoms
  • Total Posts : 1060
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 03:26
Well, overall, I think it' s a toss-up between SNES and PSOne. But I think the PSOne wins because of the 25 or so RPG' s I played on that system, and those were about a trillion times longer than most all the SNES games. However, the SNES still had some of the other timeless classics I still play: Super Mario All-Stars, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, etc.

Between 2000 and 2003, it was the PS2 by a longshot because 2001 for the PS2 was the best year in gaming history, IMO, and the Xbox and GC had their typical rookie slumps.

Most recently, it' s another toss-up between PS2 and XBox. For the first half of 2004, it was definitely Xbox-dominated, with Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden, Top Spin, and Chronicles of Riddick. But in between, there was Champions of Norrath and Onimusha 3 for the PS2, as well as continued play of Silent Hill 3 and Disgaea from last year.

Upcoming purchases:

Star Ocean: ' Til the End of Time
Fable
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Halo 2
Gran Turismo 4

Of course, once again, all these PS2 games are much longer, so I will be spending a lot more TIME with the PS2 software, but the number of games will be about equal for the year.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 03:59
Why do you keep calling it the " PSOne" ? Did you get that little unit that has that official name? Otherwise I think you can get away with " PS" or even " PS1" and people will know what you are talking about. " PlayStation" was the official name for the system and always has been. " PSOne" was only the name of a certain model of PlayStation.

My most played system would be a toss up between Sega Saturn, Sega Genesis and its attachments, and the Sega Master System. The Dreamcast is up there, too. Other systems are only wannabe' s.

City Hunter
  • Total Posts : 40
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 10:08
By now, the system that I use the most is the Xbox with Ninja Gaiden and Morrowind GOTY.

The second is the Dreamcast, but only because in these times I' m not playing with Shenmue.

whatabout_paul
  • Total Posts : 1227
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 11:46
Back in the day it was my Mega Drive. I was on it constantly, renting out games for it or playing new ones to death. I must have known all the games I owned inside out. I was a kid back then and just don' t have the time to play like I used to. I' m er... in between jobs at the moment so my game playing has stepped up a little but I know it won' t last.

At the moment my X-Box is being played the most with the PS2 being played sometimes and unfortunatly my Gamecube is collecting dust.

fathoms
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 13:56
Joe: Ah, you never worked in retail, did you?

I was working at EB during the transition from the PSOne to the PS2. At the time, it became a question as to how the computer would label the old PlayStation with new label, " PS2" on the way. It was currently " PSX" in the database, but that simply meant " PlayStation," and could feasibly be either PlayStation or PlayStation 2. It just wasn' t specific enough.

So EB' s database spits out " PSOne." This was LONG before the PS2 was ever ready to release, btw. A couple of months later, the mini portable PlayStation, dubbed " PSOne" by Sony, came out.

Well now, EB was in a little pickle with their database, now weren' t they? Instead of changing the entire system to reflect PS1 for PSX games and PSOne for the PSOne, they simply changed the HARDWARE designation, not the software.

So for years, I' ve always said " PSOne," because that' s the label that would pop up on the screen when I scanned in a game from the original PlayStation.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Starman Anthony
  • Total Posts : 563
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 15:16
I play my Playstation more. There are so many great games that I still have not played. I am recently buying games for it off Ebay. I just got Parasite Eve. Man there is just so many games for that system. I am so excited.

fathoms
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 15:25
Starman: Parasite Eve is one of my favorite games of all time. It' s short, but SO much fun, and the battle system is very original. The story is pretty darn good, too.

Btw, make sure you play through again so you can have access to the Chrysler Building...77 floors of pure terror...you need to be ten times as strong to beat the boss on the 77th floor as you need to be to beat the final boss in the game. It' s a definite challenge...save up those pieces of Junk, buy the AK-47, and good luck.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 01, 2004 23:50

Joe: Ah, you never worked in retail, did you?

Of course not. Why would I want to do that?

Anyway I wanted to post that after much thinking, I probably played my Sega Genesis more than any other system. I played every single game that came out, via a rental, purchase, or borrowing the game. This included all of the Japanese Mega Drive titles as well as Sega CD and 32X games. I have played well over 800 games on my Sega Genesis with its various attachments, and it still works great! I' m glad it' s not made by Sony since those have a tendency to break down much more easily than other systems.

vanswa garbutt
  • Total Posts : 412
  • Reward points : 19020
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 02, 2004 00:24
gamecube.

Starman Anthony
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 02, 2004 02:41
Thanks fathoms for that tip. I will post later on how far I got and stuff. I love the begining FMV of that game it' s so awesome!

fathoms
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 02, 2004 03:37

Of course not. Why would I want to do that?

Uh...it' s called " having a job."

Starman: The game rules.
Kikizo Staff Writer

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 02, 2004 05:17
I may be a younger gamer here but my expirence with games go as far back as the first Atari however I was to young to get a feel for gaming at the time. The most played console in my gaming life would either be Genisis or Dreamcast with the Xbox trailing just a tad because Ive had the 2 other systems a helluva lot longer. But the Xbox gets an extra up since my GF is hooked on the damn thing.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 9/2/2004 5:18:50 AM >

Alley_Hater
  • Total Posts : 340
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 02, 2004 06:34
Super Nintendo reaches the most played console line. I still find Nintendo classics to be as entertaining as ever. Aside from consoles, the PC is played the most...Go StarCraft!!!
Games I want: Starcraft: Ghost (went to gamestop and saw it on the shelf labeled " coming soon, reserve your copy today"
Halo 2

Starman Anthony
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 02, 2004 16:04
Oh my goodness Starcraft.. wow that brings back so many memories... wow I was not the best but I was sure good at that game. I loved Protoss. I think I might dig that back up and play it again. I can' t believe back then after so many years of playing it online multiplayer I forgot that the game had a 1 player mission. I was surprised there was a 1 player mission Hah.

Regret in 2010
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 10, 2004 02:53
i never really played video games till i got a gc, so id have to say the gc

toxicavenger
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 10, 2004 06:07
i played perfect dark untill playstation 2 came out. n64 had great games like conquer (sp?). just before nintendo tanked, with gamecube.

Rikka
  • Total Posts : 933
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 11, 2004 00:13
Playstation!

Alley_Hater
  • Total Posts : 340
RE: Of All The Game Systems You' ve Owned, Which Did (or Do) You Play The Most? - Sep 11, 2004 03:43

Oh my goodness Starcraft.. wow that brings back so many memories... wow I was not the best but I was sure good at that game. I loved Protoss. I think I might dig that back up and play it again. I can' t believe back then after so many years of playing it online multiplayer I forgot that the game had a 1 player mission. I was surprised there was a 1 player mission Hah.

Hey, Starman Anthony, can I get your screen name on StarCraft? I might have been your allie before, or I might have beat the *#%@ out of you before .
Games I want: Starcraft: Ghost (went to gamestop and saw it on the shelf labeled " coming soon, reserve your copy today"
Halo 2